Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29792 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 09:48:12 am »

"Why, something like that would be a trade secret... if I thought anyone could replicate it. I am of the Mercuritia caste of the Sindari, sir, a messenger. The part that makes us unique amongst our fellows is our ability to teleport to any location we or another Sindari has been before. While on the road here, it swiftly became clear to me the boon that this could be in the field of trade: I can always buy my goods at their least expensive, sell them where they catch the greatest price. It takes a caravan a year to travel the length of the Silk Road; I can be anywhere and back inside an hour. The fact you have seen me in only five villages in five days tells me that you haven't been watching closely enough.
As of the moment, I am the only one of my caste, but Sind has gifted us with the power to make others into fellow Sindari. However, it would remove their memories of their past life, and, as we have not yet done it, we don't know what effect it may have on the Sindari that does the empowering."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:01:45 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 10:02:59 am »

He leaned forward, “It is indeed lucky that I have found you. My Father would not be so inclined to listen to your pleas before destroying you outright on the spot. Your abilities are just as intriguing as they are disturbing. But I see potential in you to help China.”

“So I offer you this bargain. You will only come to this castle, we will prepare a room for you. You will deposit your goods, and we will give you fine silks  in payment for you to take back. You and other Sindari will be barred from the rest of China, for your own protection, of course. How does this arrangement suit you?” He flashes a predatory grin at this.

A. Agree outright.
B. Negotiate for better terms, but you find this ultimately agreeable, need to include what terms you negotiate.
C. Negotiate for better terms, but you find this ultimately disagreeable. Need to include terms, and warning this option may be dangerous to your health.
D. Refuse. Very dangerous to your health.
E. Other!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 10:10:36 am »

"Sir, before I accept, I should like to know: do these opinions extend to the people of Japan? It is important; two of my compatriots are currently there, and while I can teleport, they cannot."

In addition, I begin setting the back of my mind to preparing a teleport. Should things go south, I should like to be able to make a hasty exit. This is only if the preparation is inconspicuous (by both means visible to normal people and those with magical senses), however.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:16:59 am by Glass »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 10:22:56 am »

The prince shifted, “I do not know how the Spirits of Japan will find your presence, I know they oppose the Dragon King and those of his blood. As long as you stay out of the reach of our armies and lands, you may go where you wish. I do not believe you are our enemy, but others among our family will not be so quick to accept one who is so like a Cisharni. Now then, to our arrangement?”
   As he spoke, Acter began the build-up to his teleport as he spoke. At a certain point he would begin to glow, usually about a minute now before he would actually teleport. He would build up to that point and then stop, saving the process until he would need to use it.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:43 am »

"Very well then. However, if it is so dangerous for me and my brethren to be here in China, I suspect it would be dangerous for you to be found dealing with the Sindari. I will inform the others that they are unwelcome here, and will remove my holdings from the country. For your own safety, I will not be returning.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be returning to my route, and informing my caravans that we are no longer permitted to do our trade in China. I bid you farewell."
Teleport out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:58 am »

As he spoke, Acter continued the process of teleportation, gradually brightening . At farewell, Prince Fireheart’s face twisted with rage and leapt at him with his sword drawn, Acter dodged out of the way, the prince’s blade merely scoring him along the ribs. The hapless caravan guards were slaughtered where they stood as Acter teleported away.
   In one of Acter’s warehouses he stood up, grimacing at the pain of the sword blow. Feeling it, he winced. It must have cracked a rib, it would take a day or two for his recuperative powers to heal that one up. But at least he got out of there alive.
   Prince Fireheart stood there, sword still extended, heart pounding with rage. He slammed his sword down into the chair where Acter had sat, and swore dark vengeance on the Sindari. He muttered darkly that they, and their brothers the Cisharni in Atlantis, would feel the wrath and the fire of the dragon.

EVENT THE TELEPORTING MERCHANT CONCLUDED

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:26 pm »

Awake at last, the old man looked around the horizon, and walked to the north. To the North, for the stars were clearer there, and shined welcomingly.

Wander North and East.

Study the stars for three years. Name them, or learn their names from people I meet.

Spend three years doing research into the stars and their powers (Astral Magic).

Spend another two years researching the effects of astral magic on objects. (Enchantment/artificer work)

Spend a year learning to make basic tools from stone and wood.

Make a staff, and attempt to bind the power of the stars of travel to said staff.

Intended results:
Six points in Astral Magic, four points in enchantment using said magic (Is that a necessary distinction at this stage of limited knowledge?)
Two points in some "Basic Crafting" skill, whatever that may be.
Information on the stars, their positions, names, and any stories associated with them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:32:46 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 09:34:16 pm »

TURN 3 AA 20-30

Artemis stood at the edge of the Reflecting Pool, its enchanted water gently lapping at her feet. She scanned the waters with her eyes, probing to find her missing friend and servant, Orion. He disappeared years ago, and in all likelihood dead. The Oracle was no help either, and Apollo was as much a help as he was a hinderance, scouring the hinterlands of Greece.

The Inquisitor's voice intruded on her contemplation. “Artemis, you need to look at this.”

She furrowed her brow, but let her mind wander the familiar pathways, and she was there, looking through the
Inquisitor’s eyes as they shared the Connection that bound all Cisharni together.

On the ground before her lay one of her tokens, a stag with an arrow in its head and moon emblazoned on its chest. It was Orion’s.

“We found one of the last temples remaining of Sind’s. There was nothing here, aside from a few scattered pieces of clothing, and this. There was a village outside, but they knew nothing except that 20 years ago the temple doors shut for a year, and then people left. When put to the question they revealed nothing else”

She felt her body beginning to tremble back at the Pool. “Are you sure that there was nothing else?”

The Inquisitor shrugged,” We scoured the place, but we are about to tear it down. I just thought you would want to know about your token. Any idea of how it got here?”

She shook her head violently, “No, I have no clue how it could have gotten there. Very strange, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Good luck with your efforts.”

The Inquisitor bowed his head, “And with yours, Artemis.”

Back at the pool, she gasped for breath. She frantically scanned through the Pool, holding the token in her mind, and the Temple of Sind. She could vaguely glimpse Orion entering the temple. . . and then nothing. She raised her eyes from the pool, hard set and determined. Clearly something had happened at the Temple, and she would find out what.

China:
   Ruled by the Dragon King, the Kingdom of China is isolationist by nature, admitting few foreigners and keeping a close watch as they enter. Hordes from the north take much of their attention, and the Atlantean Empire is sometimes discussed by the nobility with disdain, and perhaps a little fear.  However, the Kingdom of China at the moment is strong, her armies proud. They worship the Dragon King as provider and protector, and his sons and daughters as his divine servants. They provide leadership to the Kingdom, as princes and princesses.

Japan:
   Currently a mess of warlords each competing to be Shogun. Skirmishes are constant, and there is no peace to be found on the Island. You have not been contacted by any spirits or forces yet, but they are said to be independent of man.

STATE OF THE EMPIRE:
   The Atlantean Empire continues to grow and expand. Gaul has been pacified with the help of Roman legions, and Greek and Egyptian forces are pacifying the newly conquered region of Persia. The pressures of funding this war pushed some areas of Egypt to the edge of rebellion, and nomadic tribes are beginning to raid their city counterparts.

Spoiler: CHARACTER STUFF (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Skill boosted from last decade: presence, now at 6

Year 1: Gather devoted followers. Formula: 10*presence (6), for 60 worshippers. Set aside 20 of those for a family of 4 Adept farmers to tend to the farm in Adjilia, and another 10 for two Adept caravan-leaders from my company, for 36 worshippers total. This provides 2 bonus points.
+2 to Agility for a score of 4, and a bonus to my teleportation ability (shorten from 20 minutes to 10).

Year 2: Gather general followers. Formula: 10*presence (6)*influence (55), for 3300 general followers. Divide by 5 for 660 skilled general followers (all Adepts). 110 Adept blacksmiths, 110 Adept sailors, 50 Adept traders, 390 Adept assorted fighters. The blacksmiths are to set up a smithing factory, and 250 of the fighters will be working as a mercenary corp, both of which will be counted as additional companies of mine (investments will be stated at end of writeup), while the sailors will set up the naval division of Adjilia Caravans ("Adjilia Caravels").

Years 3-10: Trade. Trade just as I have been doing, but this time, all 8 years give me training in trading, which will put me at Legendaey trading, with 13 points. Not for this turn, though.
Profit formula: 5 skill * 365 days * 8 years = 1460 gold. In addition, I earned 200 additional gold from Adjilia Caravans, for 1660 gold earned this decade.

400 will be invested back into AC, 600 will go toward the new blacksmith factory (name Foundry Steelworks), 600 will go toward the mercenary corp (name Silver Legion), and I will use another 100 (I'd have 152 gold left over even after all of that) to buy the best boat I can, leaving me 52 gold for other spending money.

Expected Results:
-Trade skill goes from 5 (Adept) to 13 (Legendary)
-Veritable army of followers, with a nice amount of worshippers
-Money. All the money. Distributed as explained.
-More influence. Money always comes with influence. The only question is how much - and it will be more than last time, I'm sure.
--Also, +160 influence from new investments

---It's capped at 100 influence. I'll be at 100 influence next turn.
-Bonuses from company synergy? Adjilia Caravans (and Caravels) can distribute goods from Foundry Steelworks and get them the materials they need for free, Foundry Steelworks can provide better (or at least, more) equipment to Silver Legion for free, and Silver Legion can provide guards to Adjilia Caravans for free. Also, I'm calling them AC, FS, and SL from now on. Yes, I get *1.5, so total profit will be 2700 gold per turn.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:14:07 pm by Glass »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 10:17:49 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Masamune found the land of Japan shattered and broken by war. A tragedy, really, but perhaps the shards could be reforged into one blade to strike at Atlantis. First, though, like any job of forging, one had to prepare the materials.

Spend one year reinvesting 70 gold into expanding my smith's guild

The metal that had to be prepared in this endeavor was gold, and not iron. Masamune took his various earnings and expanded his leadership of Japan's various smiths, and soon much gold was flowing back to his pockets.

Spend three years focusing on family

Masamune needed others to carry on his purpose and his lineage. And, in truth, he yearned for companionship other than that of apprentices and warlords. He found a bride, Junko, in the family of the warlord he served, and together they bore two children, a girl Hotaru and a boy Ichirou. He told her of his nature, of his secret mission.

Spend a year studying how to enchant an item so that it hid the wearer's supernatural aura, especially from Cisheri sight.

Masamune needed to carry out his tasks in secrecy from his foes, as they were powerful and canny. He used his natural talents and years of study to develop a weave of magic that could be inlaid into metal, that made one appear as no more and no less than any other human, rather than showing one's divine spark.

Spend three years gathering a following.

For tales of his own divinity were about to spread, and by his own lips they went. Of how he was a god of metal and craftwork, a truly divine bastion of self-improvement - with his wife as one of his highest priests.

Spend two years researching tales of a legendary divine metal, Hihiirokane. Make my search public. Spread the rumor that I will offer my skill to anyone who can locate it for me - but deny it in person, until the metal itself is brought to me.

To forge a nation, one would require the keenest tools. He had heard fireside stories of a reddish-golden metal, stronger than any steel and possessed of unusual amounts of raw magical power. He believed it was possible that such a thing could exist, and so he began to seek it out. Masamune let it be said that he would forge anything for anyone who could give him the divine material - though, wishing to avoid the ire of the warlord he worked under, did not say so himself.

Expected Results:
  • Business now worth 13 gold/action, up from 6
  • Net gain of [-700 + (130*9) + (60*1)] = 530 silver for a total of 1224 silver at the end of the decade
  • +7 Influence in Japan
  • +1 Enchanting
  • Gain knowledge of "Hide Divine Aura/Hide from Cisheri" enchantment
  • Gain a wife, Junko, 23, female child Hotaru, 8, male child Ichirou, 7
  • Gain [11+7 influence]*[2 presence]*[3 years] = 108 followers.
  • Locate Hiirohikane? Possible other events?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:34:37 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 11:02:36 pm »

Spoiler: Flak (click to show/hide)

Take one year to convince the Zaeim that I am not human and to move further south below the desert.
Spend two Help my kids learn to control and develop their power.
Spend four years Fighting in the Zaeim's Guard
Spend three years fighting and training my eagle to help spot enemies.

Results
  • The Zaeim was slowly but surely convinced to move the tribe further south, below the Desert.
  • Nenet is strong like me, he will make a good soldier of the tribe. Neith is like me, stronger, faster, and able to understand a bird. The bird is smaller than my Eagle, but no less suited to her than Ramah is to me.
  • We fought off many attacks on the Zaeim's life, but my men always succeeded
  • I got Namah used to fighting beside and above me, we are working on him spotting targets and attacking them.

+7 swordsmanship.
The entire tribe moving south below the desert.
Nenet becomes a soldier of The Tribe, Neith becomes a scout of The Tribe.
Ramah is able to pick out leaders of attacks and tries to kill them.
+70 goats.
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 02:01:39 am »

Whoops, forgot about this for a bit... Uh, can somebody bring me up to speed on what's going on?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 04:07:24 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

-Actions
(spent one attribute point on agility with x2 Santoris multiplier)
Spend a year managing the informant network
Spend two years expanding the informant network into neighboring cities
Spend three years perfecting stealth
Spend a year working with criminal contacts
Spend three years perfecting deception skill

-Fluff
Ammon busied himself managing his informant network, hungrily gobbling up any information they could gather. But it wasn't enough. He needed to be able to use what he learned to help the other Sindari. He made plans to expand his network into neighboring eastern cities to move it closer to where the other Sindari had set up. All the while he practiced his skills becoming an expert of sneaking and deception.

-Expected results
+676 silver coins
+400 general followers
+5 stealth skill (brought up to legendary)
+6 deception
((Well we pissed off a Chinese Prince and we've all headed in different directions and are all mostly just training and improving))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:32:41 pm by Jerick »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 07:16:33 am »

There's not much to catch up on, ATHATH, just read through the thread. It won't take long.

Anyway, if you care to join in, pick a player to be your magic forefather, add another two skill points to your character (due to it being turn 3), and make a turn.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 08:35:23 am »

Spoiler: Star Watching (click to show/hide)

Travel to the straits between Russia and America (Continue moving north and east, but more steadily now that I have a magic compass staff). One year, give or take.

Travel across the Americas, find a comfortable spot with plenty of raw materials and stay there.

Construct a basic settlement there, and construct some mines and such. And build a nice tower, above the trees somewhere, to observe the stars. Three years.

Spend two years figuring out how to work the metals I can find.

Spend two years searching for spells of the stars.
---A spell of "starlight", which produces a soft glow around me and allows me to see or do useful work through the night.
---A spell of past-sight, guided through the stars, which have watched everything.

Spend a year making contact with local tribes. Any worshippers of Sind are welcome in my settlement, but the goal is merely to make friends among the locals.

Anticipated results:
Arrival in America (UP of Michigan, or anywhere else that I might conceivably reach. I don't know enough about the rest of the continent's resources to choose something else.)
Construction of an extensive homestead/settlement with lots of available resources and a nice astronomy tower.
Four points of Smithing skill.
Discovery of spells in Astral Magic.
Five points of Influence in the local area.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:11:37 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22