Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29776 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2017, 09:58:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Year 21-30

Year 1-10
Train with Ninjas.

Expected Results
+9 to stealth
+3 to Archery
+5 to hunting
New magic, hiding: The Santoris tracking power has a harder time focusing on me and my magic trail is harder to track.
Rigel woke up screaming in pain, his thoughts conquered by a splitting headache. Images raced through his head, a crystal pool, a beautiful girl, a token of a dead stag, and a grizzled man in a brown leather long coat. Every image hurting more and more as they pass. Suddenly, with one last scream of pain, the images vanished. "Sumōkuhantā!" one of the ninjas ducked their head into his tent, "are you ok, I heard screaming?" "I'm fine Hiretsuna," Rigel responded, "you can go back to guarding." "Yes sir," responded Hiretsuna, and he backed out of the tent. Rigel fell back onto his cot. He didn't know what that was, or who the images were, but there was something about the girl... a memory came up, a hunt by moonlight, an arrow flying through the air,  biting insults and... joy? He didn't understand it, but he memorized it, running each detail through his head, over and over. Whatever it was, it felt important, and he was a hunter, he trusted his instincts.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:10:14 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 09:45:55 pm »

Spoiler:  Wavebringer (click to show/hide)

Miles' business continued to expand to the point he was able to buy a second ship.
He would often bring his sons to work with him, knowing he would one day have to pass the business to them.
1x Invest in business 40G + 40G
8Gold x 10years = 80G
1x Gather devoted following
+19 skill 0 Followers
1x Train skill: Trade

He continued gathering magical strength, harvesting the souls of the dying and developing his skills.
1x Make soul gems
2x Train magic:Weather control
1x Train magic:Lightning

Olivia bore a third daughter (Violet age 9) and Miles spent considerable time improving the family's position, seeking to find an influential husband for Lily and a reliable wife for Mark.
3x Focus on family
1 follower point for a reliable wife
-5.8 gold for a dowry

Attributes: +1 for time
Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:8+2 Willpower:4 Perception: 4 Presence:2
Wealth/Assets: Gold 40.8 + 34.2
Shipping business(80 gold)
7 +8 Soul gems
1 Hurricane gem for Amelia
Influence:14 + 4
Worshipers/Power:33 + 19 worshipers
10 skill 3 Sailors
3 Skill 3 Fighters
39 skill 0 Followers
Family:Wife Olivia
Daughter Lily aged 21: 4/6 Sindari More Sindari traits than human. Lives 100 to 200 years longer than average. Strong recuperative abilities. Very strong, fast, and intelligent.
New husband?
Son Mark aged 18: 4/6 Sindari
New wife?
Daughter Rose aged 15: 3/6 Sindari Lives 50 to a 100 years longer, faster and stronger than normal.
Son Steven aged 12: ⅙ Sindari: Completely human.
New daughter Violet aged 9:
Skills:
Sailing 6
Trade 2 +2
Magic:
Weather control 6 +4
Lightning 2 +2

I'm not entirely sure how to handle my children's families but I assume it's going to need some gm involvement. The goal is to find the heir to an influential family for Lily and a reliable wife who can help Mark when he takes over as head of the family.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2017, 11:48:03 am »

4 years on Persuasion
Amelia was concerned from the telepathic updates on China. If that was the case; the Sindari and the Cisharni were not significantly the only 'divinities' in existence. There were other wielders of magic and other such arts. She decided to travel all over her locality, from thoroughfares to local villages, getting to know the people therein and their culture, and to train in the skill she found to be most contemplative and providencial, common and powerful: social skills.
The first years were spent gradually using and alchemizing the mine trailings from her workings decades ago--to keep the environment safe, and to use these "useless" material for the benefit of others. More baubles were given, and charms to amulets being presented and made to the local culture--the "amulet(s)" in particular also becoming a sign of personal protection and being.

2 years on Persuasion being used to spread the Philosophy of Sind in the village I first went to, and the surroundings ones.
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
Amelia found the knack of innate polyglotism to be of great value--in retrospect, through the years she also found that this insight of perception to be of great value to others. She found a common root of connection: motivation and perception. She was averse to manipulation, and learned through many a fault and misunderstanding that context was of utmost importance to achieve or pave a way for mutual understanding.
Not always did persuasion work; it was a two-way street which needed the other to participate even in the slightest of will. She could not influence those who fully opposed her words; but as words conveyed meaning, years of socializing and putting others into her memory brought wisdom. Communication, she found, was the greatest bridge between people--from mountain to lowland--and isolation was its greatest enemy. Regardless of geographical position, people worked with perception; perception worked on concept, and concept depended on meaning and the environment around you. She was humbled by what she saw in people; they were kind overall--there were also problems, but these were not found to represent the people at all, in their entirety. She found problems always coming from a source, and saw patterns as a response to these sources. In that, she decided to start her journey in focusing in talking with others, not just to them, and rather than make her ideals focused on Sind--to refocus on the definitive idea of guidance. Through the years, she realized how Time was the "great enemy", and yet saw even those who wilted in age embraced change and the coming years. Thus such, she decided to create a philosphy made by people--for people, even perhaps when people like her would be gone. All in time.

2 years on Persuasion in interacting with the regional authorities, far and wide.
In her journies, Amelia met others--always people to spend time with. Few stayed for weeks, and even fewer for months on the same trail and path as herself. She found communicating very enjoyable--and bereft of mortal needs, quite a stimulating experience. She learned to love and memorize, both the songs and ideas of each culture, tribe, and town she went to. The expanse of the air, the stars, sky, and seas, too, were of beautiful mention.
At last arriving back at her cave--with nothing disturbed other than the natural forces taking hold over the years of her absence, she decided to utilize both her skill in alchemy and artificiery to design templates for further use. Her skill in mining to locate and design the caverns to her will--with tools she picked up and created or bought along the way, and with what she had observed of architecture and its complexities--in just a few years, she would create a way to span the underground and create a replica of the overland. That was the goal of course, but first she had to provide for all mortal needs--a daunting task fit for the years invested in it. No sleep or rest, as she needed none, but passion and focus.

2 years on utilizing Engineering to create a very stable foundation (at least in the earliest and most accessible of the underground caverns) for habitation and living.

Expectations:
> Better, and extremely stable base foundations.
> +12 Persuasion; Follower gain, region knowledge update. Possible ideas of local knowledge on Cisharn/i
> +2 Engineering. Possible forecast of difficulty in making a replica of aboveground environment to belowground.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:11:53 am by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 08:14:17 am »

EVENT: ASCENSIONS

THE SHADOW WALKER
   Rigel was deep in meditation when the Master entered. Clothed in dark robes that concealed his body, Rigel knew that despite his age the old ninja leader was very much lethal. The Master bowed his head,
   “ Shadow Walker, your time has come. A target befitting a potential master ninja has emerged.  The warlord Tonga has become powerful, and his ascension would not serve the clans best interests. Kill him. There is also a famed smith in his employ with delusions of godhood, eliminate him as well. Do this, and your place as a master ninja is assured, and you may become a leader of Clan Orikin, or start your own clan with our blessing. Be careful, Tonga is known as a strong warrior, avoid the reach of his blade.”
How do you respond?

THE BEAST OF THE SOUTH
   The enemy lay before Flak, servants of the Pharaoh and turncoat to the very freedom of the desert. The Zaeim(chief) has chosen you to lead one of the detachments against their forces. What force do you lead?
A.The main force, bearing the brunt of the assault.
B. Flanking Cavalry force.
C. Ambush detachment.

MASTER OF WINDS
   Wavebringer stared at his daughter, Lily, young and beautiful. Several suitors have asked for her hand, and you need to decide who to choose for her to marry.
A young nobleman, son of Roman Senator. They are not very powerful, and will be looking for financial support for their aims.
A merchant of Carthage. They seek to integrate your shipping company with their own with this marriage.
At one of your many ports of call, a rising Atlantean captain has become smitten with your daughter. While currently not in any real authority position and will likely want some money, this could potentially give you a way to infiltrate Atlantis.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:16:28 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2017, 09:07:13 am »

“Master” responded Rigel, “I will willingly slay the warlord Tonga, but his smith is an old friend of mine, it would be much better for the clan should he live, I can easily convince him to help us, he simply wants to work with someone with power.”
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:06 am »

Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
The Master considers for a moment, then shakes his head. "No, that can only draw attention to the clan. I am sorry, but your friend must be sent on. In light of your friendship, I will send another to deal with the smith while you eliminate the warlord. "
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2017, 09:25:29 am »

"Master, while I regret to do this, I will not allow my friend to die. I challenge you for leadership of the clan."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:28:02 am by Smoke Mirrors »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 09:46:05 am »

The Master shifts his stance, to one ready to leap to either attack or to evade one.
"I see," he tersely replies, "I accept your challenge, hand to hand combat in front of the Clan at midnight, and the victor shall be Master of the Clan."

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2017, 11:08:33 am »

The Zaeim orders me to take a small squad of 5 other warirors and to attack from the rear.
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2017, 12:12:47 pm »

THE BEAST OF THE SOUTH
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Flak lead a small group behind the enemies lines. While horsemen clashed and swirled together, the main body of the enemies infantry charged into the lines of the Alzilu Altawil. The archers lined up behind the main force, and thats where Flak launched his charge. An archer turned and saw the attack and shouted a warning, but before they could mount an effective defense you were among them. You first stroke took the head off an an archer, and then you blinked to away to the next target, your blade in his chest. The archers soon broke and scattered, helpless against you.
What do you do?
A. Finish off the archers
B. Charge into the main body of infantry
C. Try to find the enemy chief

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2017, 12:23:33 pm »

The Zaeim can handle the other chief, I shall go after the archers.

The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2017, 12:31:39 pm »

THE BEAST OF THE SOUTH
Flak and his 5 men  easily chase down the fleeing archers, blinking after them and cutting them down to the last man. As he does that, he hears a cry from the chaos of the main battle, and looks over to see the severed head of your Zaeim hosted by an armored warrior on horseback.
What do you do?

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2017, 12:36:43 pm »

The Zaeim has died? Blink over to the other Zaeim,killing any of those that try to stop me, and show him the strenght of SIND (decapatate him)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2017, 05:16:56 pm »

Miles spoke to his daughter about her options, discussing their benefits and seeing if she had a preference.

The carthaginian would be useful, but didn't offer anything the family couldn't build for it's self.
The roman was a step up the social ladder, giving the family a foothold in Rome's ruling class.
The atlantean offered the greatest risk, but also the greatest reward. He would give the family a source of intelligence inside Atlantis and since his interest was personal there would be a greater chance of a happy marriage. But Lily was likely to have an unusually long life and if anyone was going to figure out why that was it would be the atlanteans.

If she did not have a preference, then if she was willing to accept the risk he would recommend the atlantean or otherwise the roman.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:53:14 pm by Sudurandom »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2017, 08:17:56 am »

THE BEAST OF THE SOUTH

Crying out in rage, Flak tears his way through the enemy army, blinking in and slashing apart enemies and disappearing again before the survivors have time to react. The enemy chief turns and sees him coming, and he hurriedly gets on a horse to gallop away. Flak blinks in front of him, and leaps into the air, smashing into the Zaeim and knocking him onto the ground. They both scramble to their feet, and the enemy chief yells and strikes out, but the blow is easily blocked by Flak, who deflects the blow and slashes into the shoulder. The force of the blow sunders the armor and shatters the sword. Flak reacts quickly and shoves the jagged sword into the enemy chief’s throat, and wrenches hard, sending both blood and the man’s head flying.

Men, both Alzilu Altawil and those of the the other tribe, stare at Flak in awe. Some even bow and start singing his praise.
What do you do?
A.Accept their worship, force the survivors to either serve you or die.
B.Deny their worship, force the survivors to serve or die.
C.Accept their worship, order your forces to kill the rest of the enemy tribe.
D.Deny their worship, order your forces to kill the rest of the enemy tribe.

MASTER OF WINDS AND WAVES
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
   “Father,” Lily sighs, “ I will respect your wishes whatever you decide. But Julius and I are in love! He has promised that together we will one day rule Rome together! He has promised that he would be a good and faithful husband!, he swears!”

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22