Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29801 times)

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2017, 08:28:26 am »

(A)
You may call me as you wish. Those of the Alharb Al'awlad who wish to live, kneel, and those who wish to fight, then you will die by my hands.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:38:18 am by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2017, 08:32:28 am »

Set up a large amount of smoke bombs around the camp, so that a vibration would set them off, then spend the fight in smoke form, but still bobbing and weaving around his punches, try to tire the master out. Also, use the Sindari mind link to learn as much as I can of what Flak knows about close range combat.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:34:07 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:49 am »

Miles smiles at his daughter "Then you shall marry Julius and I wish you all the happiness your mother and I have shared."

He will make an additional five gold available for Lily to use at HER discretion to advance her husbands ambitions. And he will speak Julius very politely making sure he knows that if he treats his wife as a partner and listens to her advice he will have the family's support, but if he does not listen then he won't, and if he mistreats her... well a smart young man like him would never do that would he.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2017, 03:51:23 pm »

THE BEAST OF THE SOUTH
   At his call to kneel or die, his former enemies looked at one another and bowed, having no desire to die. Over the coming days and weeks, stories were told and shared of their savior, the first in battle and their fearsome champion. Some compared the Beast to a lion, others to a hawk. Everyone knew that he had the new tribe’s devotion.
+15 Influence
+ 120 devoted followers
EVENT CONCLUDED

MASTER OF WIND AND WAVES
   Lily beams at you, “As you wish Father,” and hugs you. At your next stop in Rome, you met Julius. He was a tall young man with a bright demeanor, but seemed suitably grave when you told him to treat your daughter well. How much do you spend on the wedding? (Rate of 2 gold for 1 influence).

THE SHADOW WALKER

Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
   Rigel sneaked around the camp, planting smoke bombs in places where he could cause the most confusion. He didn’t know how to modify the explosives to go off with vibrations, but he assumed he could shoot them with a bow and get the same effect.
   The time came, and Rigel entered the building in which he and the master would fight. It was small, with a semi-circle in the middle, and a ring around it in which the elders of the clan looked on. The Master waited at one end, clothed in grey peasant garb, looking loose and poorly made, but Rigel knew from experience that it in no way hindered his movements. Hirotsuna explained the rules, that it would be fought until surrender, and then a new Master would emerge. He looked at both of the fighters, nodded, then shouted begin.

Immediately Rigel transformed into Smoke From, his body billowing into a formless smoke. Curiously, all of his now gassy body would not move past the boundaries of the semicircle. The Master kneeled down.
“I have trained with you for years, Sumōkuhantā, I know that you cannot harm me from that smoke. Come, face me, or acknowledge me as Master.”

Rigel tried to use this time to contact Flak and gather knowledge on how to fight hand to hand, but he was unable to get anything of real substance other than hit hard and hit often. (Mind link doesn’t allow transfer of skills).
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2017, 09:55:23 pm »

The wedding was small and elegant with a select guest list. Among the entertainments was a collection of foreign oddities Miles had gathered in his travels.
-4 gold +2 influence

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2017, 01:05:40 pm »

"Very well then," Reenter normal form and fight the master.

I really hope this works, if I am about to lose, give me one last response.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:01 pm »

THE SHADOW WALKER

Rigel returns to his normal form, and launches into a barrage of kicks and punches. Despite not being trained in hand to hand combat and focusing entirely on ranged attack, he still picked up a few things from watching the other ninjas training.

The Master, however, showed why he was at the position. Despite Rigel’s greater speed, he picked the Sindari’s blows out of the air, and launched into one furious kick after another. One kick broke some ribs, a punch thrown was caught and twisted, dislocating the arm from the shoulder. A quick spin from the Master sent his foot snapping into Rigel’s head, sending him flying backward, smashing his nose.

The fight lasted less than a minute.

The Master looked down on the battered and bloody Rigel.
   “You are a masterful ninja, Sumōkuhantā, but you are no match for me yet. Do you surrender?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2017, 02:14:30 pm »

I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this one. While it is interesting, I don't think that I can make detailed posts often enough to keep up with you guys.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2017, 02:25:19 pm »

Bye ATHATH. :(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2017, 04:15:12 pm »

"I'm sorry master, but I refuse, I will not allow my brother to die if I can help it."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »

The Master looked down at you gravely, “You have fought bravely and with honor. I will not order the death of your friend, your spirit will move freely from this world.”

The Master’s  hand chopped into his throat. A cut off gasp was all that was heard from Rigel. His next blow was to the skull, and the next, and the next. Blood flew and splatter the Master’s face as his fist came down again and again. He stood and looked at the ruined wreck of Rigel’s face. He sighed and held out his hand. A short blade was solemnly placed in it. It hovered over Rigel’s chest,

“Be at peace, Sumōkuhantā.”

The sword dove down.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »

THE SHADOW WALKER
Rigel awoke with a deep breath, then furiously coughing as dirt cascaded down his throat. He scrambled out of the shallow hole, dirt pouring off his clothes as he threw up. He saw his bow and arrows scattered next to him, probably buried with him. Rigel felt his face. Still a mess, he mused. His heart sluggishly beat, regenerating the damage from the stab wound. He stumbled to his feet. He had no idea if the Ninja clan would still accept him if he came back. He took one tentative step after another. His path would continue.

EVENT CONCLUDED:
NEAR DEATH: ATTRIBUTE MALUS, ATTRIBUTES CAPPED AT TWO UNTIL REBIRTH
LOST INFLUENCE WITH NINJA CLAN, BELIEVED TO BE DEAD

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2017, 05:31:58 pm »

TURN 4 AA 30-40
   The Inquisitor tapped his fingers on the gold frame surrounding the Terra Atlas, the map forming mountains and valleys and rivers, with growing clusters of cities. The teams of Dwarves responsible for the map’s upkeep scrambled, receiving reports and updates and inputting the information, which was then reflected in the map itself.

Gromfin continued, “ Once we suspected that Adjila Caravans were using a teleporter, we had agents seed detection crystals all over the continent. Over the past few months we have seen many rapid teleports over the trade route. All known teleporters are currently accounted for, so the merchant that appears across the continent all on the same day is our man.”

Gromfin turns and shrugs, “Or maybe not a man, some other kind of being. Perhaps one that is like us. We sent Red Dawn to investigate, and perhaps take out the target. We equipped him with some anti-teleportation devices and sent him to their headquarters.”

Turning back to the map, Gromfin reaches over and twists a few knobs. Blossoms of light appear on the map, alongside several dark clouds. A huge storm cloud forms over the West, over the Uncharted lands. Another twist removes the overhanging clouds, leaving the blue lights.

“These are the locations where some form of magical activity has taken place. A few of these are elvish sanctuaries, but there are a few that don’t fit the pattern. There are some locations that appear in the sea, but we can only locate the residue months later.”

He brightens then, “In better news, the armies and legions are on the borders of India now, subjugating the border kings there. We may be able to anticipate subjugation of the region in another decade or so.”

The Inquisitor thanked the squat Cisharni, and departed. Mysterious events were happening, and it was his job to discover what they were.

EVENT 100 INFLUENCE REACHED

Spoiler: Response Level (click to show/hide)

Out in the headquarters for Adjila Caravans, the Silver Shields and foundry steelworks, Acter met with several company leaders and discussed profits and problems. Profits were good, and the foundries were getting run night and day to equip the armies and levies that the border kings of India were raising. The Silver Shields were keeping busy as well, fighting several successful actions against one Greek army fighting on the Northern border of India. Acter was pleased, but then felt a fuzzy feeling deep in his guts, one that he hadn’t felt before. Before he could excuse himself, the Silver Shields at the door shared a concerned look at each other, and the one on the right glanced out the door.

Screams and the sounds of combat broke the peace of the meeting room. Acter looked alarmed, and tried to begin his countdown to teleportation. It felt wrong, the trickle of energy that accompanied it was no longer there. By the time Acter focused on what was happening, a Silver Shield was grabbing Acter and pulling him towards the other door, while the other was fighting. . . something at the door. One last glance revealed the guard falling, his chest baring a bloody hole.

Standing there was a man, perhaps. Large, and covered in strange red and black chitinous armor, with spikes protruding almost organically from its form. At its waist dangled a metal device that framed a large crystal, glowing with power. Its face was divided into a red and black half, both sides perfectly smooth, broken only by a mouth and round black eyes. A spark seemed to pass between them, and Acter knew then that he stared into the face of a Cishanri.

What do you do?

World Status Update:
   India is definitely in a mess at the moment. Fractured into many different kingdoms, for the most part they have lived in a relatively peaceful existence with each other. Now, there is no peace in the land.
   Atlantean agents and spies sowed discord, turning rulers and kings against each other, some supporting Atlantis and others defiant. The flames of war run hot here.
   Elsewhere the Empire is at peace. Persia still has flare ups of rebellion, but they are little more than practice for armies before they are sent to the front.
   Ammon’s criminal network expands from the city of Dashun throughout Egypt, and into some areas of Persia, and a few contacts beyond. Only a few “trusted”associates know how far his network spreads, and no one but him knows the full extent of it. Men speak of the “Rat Prince”, but no one really knows who it is, and the authorities believe it to be a myth.
In Japan, war continues. The death of the most powerful warlord Tonga has left a gapping power vacuum that many seek to fill, with blood and steel if that is what is required. At the moment there is no clear end in sight for the conflict.

Spoiler: Character Stuff (click to show/hide)

Glass, will need a response from you about the event. Sorry for the triple post!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2017, 06:07:36 pm »

...Sind damnit.

Activate the smoke bombs (either I got them from SM, or I'm the one who provides them to SM) and evacuate. Set off the alarm indicating a Code Red (that is, the alarm that says "we are being invaded, smiths and traders evacuate, Silver Legionnaires to arms). In addition, set off the secondary alarm for Code C (which tells everyone to conduct the procedure for if the Cisharni are invading; specifically, do all of the above procedures, and also everyone gets their severance packages (5 gold each, from the money invested in the companies) and instructions to do what they can to erase any ties to the companies I owned, and to make sure that everyone along the Silk Road knows that the Cisharni are invading). Inform the guards that getting that crystal and either destroying it or bringing it to me is of utmost importance.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:18:04 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2017, 06:48:20 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Acter scrambles out of the guards grasp, and grabs the smoke bomb he hid underneath his desk. He arms and tosses it out at the Cisharni, who easily tore through his guard. The bomb landed and exploded, sending a cloud of smoke into the room. The cries and shouts of panic from the representatives of the various company branches as they suddenly lose vision threaten to overwhelm Acter, but he had a job to do.

He pulls on the lever he had installed, and an alarm bell begins to ring, barely audible over the sounds of fighting behind you. Determinedly he reaches for the second lever, a warning to scatter to the hills when a thrown dagger slams into your hand, pinning it against the wall. Acter cries out in pain, and grasps it and pulls it out. He stumbles over and with the last of his willpower pulls the second lever. He leans against the wall.

A look shows Acter a room full of corpses, covered in smoke and only the Cisharni standing, looking at him. He strides over confidently, and leans in close and grabs Acter’s throat.

He gasped, and for a moment his grip wavers, but then tightens again as he regains focus. “Sindari,” the Cisharni breathes. “Cisharn has revealed Sind’s scheme to me. So, you wish to supplant us? We will hunt down the rest of your kind, no matter where in this world they hide!”

“Goodbye, cousin.”

With this he whips his sword around and through Acter’s neck. Acter’s head flies off and bounces off the floor, and his body slumps to the ground.

An essence of his soul flies free, a piece of the power of Sind, and seeks a new worthy host.

ACTER, SON OF SIND, TELEPORTING MERCHANT, HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22