Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29786 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2017, 07:53:59 pm »

Can't say I wasn't expecting this.

Name: Octavian Grey
Alias: Courier
Appearance: He is covered in flesh-colored scales that fade to transparency in small areas, revealing underlying cogwork. He's slightly taller than Acter was, and skinnier, but could pass for him if it wasn't for his appearance of always being on edge (as opposed to Acter's relaxed, confident demeanor).
Class: Mercuritia
Abilities: Pocket Dimension (Adjilia, inherited), Teleport (duration 10 minutes, doesn't require focus)
Magic: none
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility*:8 Intelligence:3 Willpower:2 Perception*:2 Presence*:4
Wealth/Assets: 0
Influence: 0
Worshipers/Power: 4 adept farmers, and 32 currently people who worshipped Acter who might be able to be re-contacted (2 of which are adept traders)
Family:0
Skills: none

...who will save you now, who will save you now, tell the world I'm alive... Oh, good, you're awake.
Octavian rubbed his eyes. He was being propped up by the wall of a barn, and was laying on a small bed of hay. There was a vague purple light swimming in his vision. He was... mostly certain that he wasn't drunk.

So. Welcome to Adjilia. I'm Acter, and you currently have my soul inside of you. Well, some of it. The important magic parts, at least. Congratulations on your promotion to demigod.

There was a moment of silence. And then, Octavian, with wits finally gathered, made a single utterance that probably summed up the situation quite well:
"I'm sorry, what?"

As a whole, here's a summary of the guidance that Acter is giving to Octavian:
  • Don't start out by abusing your teleportation powers to make money. Oh, maybe for a year or two here and there, but make sure to divert attention from yourself afterwards.
  • Learn how to fight. It's going to come up, and when the Cisharni come for you, your guards are unlikely to be enough of an obstacle for you to escape. Know how to make a hit, know how to take a hit, and for Sind's sake, know how to avoid a hit.
  • Don't invest huge amounts of money in anything. It draws attention. Do it in small amounts, slowly, over time. If you own a company, it does not need to become a behemoth in the field in a matter of years; slow investment will get you just as much money in the long run, and will let your fame die down.
  • Try to meet back up with my old worshippers if you can; it'll be useful. Worshippers make you stronger. I'm currently redirecting their worship to me over to you, but they may start dropping off now that I've died. If you meet up with them, it'll ensure the continuation of the faith they have.

Aaaand the turn.

9 years of training. I want to have level 9 martial arts and dodging by the end. In addition, 10th year, I'll have visited all of Acter's old worshippers, making sure that they know that "Courier" is still alive and well (gather devoted followers: 10*pre[4], 40 people, 30 normal people + 2 adept traders to recover remaining worshippers of Acter), and a quick visit to the Silver Legion members to let them know the same thing.
This is all.

NOTE: Octavian was set up as if he had as many points from worshippers as Acter did, so I'm not adding any additional points for it right now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:52:20 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2017, 09:19:23 pm »

Spend six years leading the Alzilu Altawil further south away from the Pharaoh's.
Spend a year Having the Alzilu Altawil settle down, learning what is safe and what is not safe.
Spend three years learning how to coat my weapons in fire, while leading the Alzilu Altawil.

The Alzilu Altawil made it to The middle Of Africa.
 The Alzilu Altawil Know what is safe to eat/drink/touch.
 flame spell: able to coat weapons in fire

+7 leadership
+80 goats
 flame spell: able to coat weapons in fire
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2017, 05:27:39 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

-Actions
Spent one attribute point on intelligence
Spend two years and 600 silver establishing safe houses and boltholes in the territory of my informant network
Spend two years managing the network and collecting any reports on the activities of Cishanri and the Atlantean authorities (which I will immediately tell everyone else about)
Spend two years working on illusion magic (the ability to fool the senses and generate new sensations and images for a target or a group with magic. Perception opposes: as the victim is more likely to notice inconsistencies in the illusion)
Spend two years practicing acrobatics
Spend two years practicing document forgery

-Fluff
The merchant was dead. The sudden realization caused grief and fear to wash over the gutter rat. It didn't take long for that grief and fear to be in turn chased out by anger. An old, half forgotten but yet very familiar rage pulsed through his veins. He was angry at the Cishanri for killing a Sindari, for silencing a voice he had known for so many years but mostly he was angry at his own inability to help, angry at his own impotence, his own helplessness. Even had he stood beside Acter he would have been able to do little. He was not a warrior and he would never be. His eyes peered from the alley he was lurking in to the busy street beyond. The people bustling past believed the Atlanteans had control over the city and by extension over them. But the gutter rat knew the truth; all control was an illusion. It was always a lie, only seeming true when people accepted it as the truth as they so often did. When the illusion falters the opportunists crawl out from the woodwork and struggle against each other in an attempt to convince them of a new illusion. It was so very rare that an Empire secure in its illusion of control would ever fall. It would surprise many how often the fates of nations were decided before swords were even drawn, their fates sealed by words and lies. A nation that the people believe is incapable of maintaining order will tear itself apart. A nation where the nobles no longer fear to disobey and act with impunity and greed will be at war with itself. Ammon was not a warrior and he would never be. He could not kill a Cishanri warrior in battle. He was no warrior but he was a liar. To an individual a single warrior is a great threat, but to a nation they are meaningless. A skilled liar was mostly harmless to an individual, but with the right lies they can bring down vast Empires.

Even if all other Sindari were slain Ammon would still stand and he would break the Atlantean Empire by himself if need be. But he was not ready, not yet there was more he needed to do before he started sowing disarray.

He started with making sure he had boltholes and places to hide and lie low. A mixture of buying some forgotten dilapidated buildings (through trusted proxies of course) and bribes secured him a number of safehouses.

Next he worked at managing his network and hungrily gathering any info that network produced on the Cishanri. Every little tidbit of info fed into an ever clearer picture of what was going on. The more he learnt the better he became at honing in on relevant information.

The magic of illusion was similar to mind magic in many ways but different in many crucial aspects. The art of illusion magic wasn't just the art of making convincing images but also sounds and if the illusionist was brave enough texture. (A good illusion could trick a person into feeling that they were touching something but texture is notoriously difficult to get right and people tend to notice when they can put their hand through something)

He also spent more time getting better at acrobatics. The Cishanri knew they existed now so Ammon felt it prudent to practice his ability to escape from danger.

And finally he began training how to copy official documents and signatures. In a wide spread empire the power of a convincing document slipped into the right place was incredible. He needed an impossibly talented forger. One with a perceptive eye for spotting flaws and minor differences. He needed such a person to be someone who he could trust with his entire plan, for if they went to the Cishanri all his work would be undone. In other words he needed to do it himself so he set about learning the art.

-Expected results
A few safe houses dotted about the place
Some knowledge of Cishanri activities
+4 Illusion
+4 acrobatics
+4 Forgery
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:42:49 am by Jerick »

Leviathanite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2017, 06:13:37 pm »

5 years learning sabre combat
2 years training on how to handle animals
3 years training my blacksmithing

What i expect at the end of this:
+10 melle combat
+4 animal handling
+6 blacksmithing
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:37:25 am by Leviathanite »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2017, 07:52:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Year 31-40

Spend one year regenerating, looks the same but with a scar over his eye, several scars on his chest, back, and arms, and a special shuriken shaped scar where the masters sword entered and exited. All scars are simply cosmetic.
Spend one year getting to Russia.
Spend eight years training

Expected Results
+6 to trapping
+6 to smoke form
+4 to hunting

31-40
Year 1
Pain, sorrow, memory, these three things ran through Rigel's heads. He grimaced, headaches had become a common occurrence, they no longer hurt very much, neither did they break his focus. Acter was dead, this news would have made him cry if he was capable now, but his tear ducts hadn't fully reformed yet. He had grown close to Acter during their travel to the east, so he decided, he would not speak for a year, not that there would be many people to speak to if all things went as planned. He sat still and focused on his new form, the same as his first one, but marred with scars. The scars of his own, and ones for his fallen brother, it was only right.

Year 6
An arrow shot out, and pierced a deer straight through the eye, killing it instantly. Rigel walked forward to collect his kill. After his presumed death, he had returned to what felt right, hunting. It was the only thing that cleared his head of the memories and thoughts, funny, most of them were if hunting, but the hunt cleared them from his head. He almost laughed, but he was out of practice, he hadn't laughed in a long time. He rarely spent time with others, the closest thing being communicating with the other Sindari, but that was normally to state their situations, rarely idle chatter. Perhaps he should find a companion, but few would embrace his quiet and solitary lifestyle. Well, such a thing should be decided later, he had a catch to clean.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:13:47 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2017, 10:00:33 am »

EVENT: THE LORD OF THE BLACKSMITHS
   It was a strange night, the air pregnant with rain, and something else Masamune couldn’t quite put his finger on. He meditated in a cleared space in the forge. It was smaller than what he was accustomed to, as he had still not quite decided if he would join a new warlord. For the moment he stayed at one of the forges of one of his former proteges.

At this time of night only a few apprentices worked the forges. One of them, Okabe, showed some real potential, though he could stand to improve on his precision. A quick glance at his work revealed various defects, but it would more than do for a common samurai.

A man walked in then, dressed in simple peasant garb. He looked around and spotted Masamune, and quickly approached and bowed deeply.

“My lord, I have been asked to summon you. Our streams and water have run dry, and one can feel the rain in the air but it does not fall. Our priest has gone to the shrine by the edge of the lake, but to no avail. Only, this night he has returned and asked to bring the one who is staying with the smith. Would you come with me?”

What do you do?
A.Go with him.
B.Refuse.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2017, 12:03:52 pm »

Masamune wondered about the purpose behind his summoning. Was it to do with the following he had begun to gather? Metalwork had little or nothing to do with whatever curse seemed to lay on the weather, but perhaps he could develop some solution. . . Regardless, he was curious, and did not have reason enough to suspect this man. He stood up, and simply nodded.

Go with him.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2017, 01:09:08 pm »

Having given his assent, Masamune and the man walked into the night.

After an hour of walking, the man stepped to the side and pointed down the path with his torch. He bowed,
   “My lord, down this path is the shrine. The priest told me to wait here, and to send you on.”

Having come this far already, Masamune shrugged, and inclined his head to the peasant. He continued, his path lit by the moon and starlight.

At the end of the path he came to a pool, very quiet except for the trickle of the stream that entered and left the small pond. A small stone shrine, a simple pillar, lay upright in the ground, a small puddle of water at its base.

“Thank you. . . for coming. . . Sindari.”

Masamune’s head jerked up, and he laid his hand on the katana he wore, ready to draw and strike. But no one was there, as far as he could see.

“Do not be. . . afraid. Your soul. . . is strong and vibrant. . . I could not help but. . . to call out to you.”
   “The land is wracked by. . . war and suffering. The rivers run red with blood. . . and are choked with ash. . .I can no longer stand idly by.”
   “So I called you here. . . Lord of the Blacksmiths. . . to do something for me. Forge a weapon yet unequaled in this island. . . shape a blade fit to be used by an emperor. . . so that all may stand in peace. . . together.”

What do you do?

A.Agree to her request (will use a year of your time). What attribute will you emphasize in your weapon?

1. Strength: This weapon is made for the strong. Thick and brutal, it will be nigh invulnerable to damage. Its blows will shatter armor and cut through flesh easily. All will fear who wields it.

2. Intelligence. This weapon is made for the quick thinker. Fast and light, used well it will never shatter, though if one unworthy wields it, it will quickly break. The sword is best used when exploiting an enemy's weakness, quickly finding it and dealing the death blow. All will respect those who can wield the blade.

3. Willpower: This weapon is made for those with resolve. It cannot be broken, nor the spirits of those who fight on its side. It can only serve one true of purpose, those who are festered by doubts cannot use its full potential. The sword is suited for defence, and counter attacking when the opponent is left over extended. All will be inspired by this blade.

B. Refuse to do so.
C. Something else
?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2017, 01:13:56 pm »

He had wondered when the spirits of the land would call to him. It seemed, at least for this one, that their goals aligned with his own. He wished to unite the lands, not only to present a united front against the Cisheri but also to end the ceaseless warring.

"Very well, great spirit. I shall fulfill your request to the best of my ability."

Forge a mighty blade, to be wielded by one with Intelligence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2017, 02:03:34 pm »

When Masamune agreed, the skies opened up and rain fell once again on the earth. Out of the pool rose the form of a woman, the most beautiful he had seen. In her hands shone a small handful of metal, shimmering like fire. Gracefully she came to Masamune, and handed him the metal. As he held it, his knowledge and sense told him it was Hihiirokane, a legendary metal. Any weapon forged of this would be legendary indeed.

Over the next year, Masamune labored in the small mountain village, they providing sustenance while he focused on this artifact. He would regularly be seen at the pool, discussing with the kami the future of Japan.

About a year had passed and Masamune emerged from his workshop, holding the future of Japan relevantly. All who saw it agreed it was the finest thing they had seen. He took it to the kami of the water, and proudly presented it to her.

She took it gently from his hands and held it in her arms.

“It is beautiful, Masamune. May you find the one who is worthy of wielding it.” She smiles at him and hands the sword back, but leaves a hand on it. As he stared the kami began to pour herself into the blade. It began to glow as her spirit filled the blade.

Describe the blade, and choose what power it wields

A.A boon to intelligence. As water rushes and flows, so does the wielder’s mind when using this blade. They are able to think faster than any mortal using this blade. Adds +4 to intelligence.

B.The River.The wielder is able to channel the swiftness and fury of a river. X2 multiplier in combat.

C. As water can bring peace and calm, so can the wielder of this blade. When the wielder chooses, angry emotions are dampened and positive ones are amplified.

D.Another idea?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2017, 03:33:22 pm »

The weapon seemed to glow faintly, as the divine metal seemed to glimmer even if viewed on the darkest of nights - though the weapon itself shed no light. The blade itself had a rippling texture to it, the dark red of the back portion blending and intermingling with the bright orange of the edge; it was as if Masamune had plucked flame itself out of the forge and shaped it into the finest of arms. Indeed, when grasped by the maker or one worthy, they felt a calming, comfortable warmth upon the handle that seemed to clear the mind of trouble. When the blade flew, descriptions argued over whether the pattern on the blade seemed to ripple and lash like flames, or swirl like water - though, of course, it was unmoving as any other blade when it was still.

The guard of the blade was a simple disc of the metal, a deep blue almost seeming to be black and flared at the outer portions of it. The handle, too, bore little embellishment, a full tang with a fitted block of wood wrapped in red and black cloth. The only embellishment on the entire weapon was Masamune's own mark at the base of the blade, a simple signature and a recording of the place in which it was forged - and a name. "意思," Purpose.

The weapon was forged in war, and sought to bring peace, both to the wielder and those around them.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:41:24 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2017, 04:07:43 pm »

Masamune held his sword, “Purpose”, in his hands before him. He had poured a year’s worth of energy, strength, focus into this blade. Now, he needed someone to wield it. The kami had said none of the current rulers were worthy, but that doesn't mean one of their sons weren’t. Masamune would hold “Purpose” in the meantime, though as per the agreement with the kami, he wouldn’t be able to use it until after it had been passed to the future emperor.

Now he had to decide what to do.

A.Return to Tonga’s son. Though half the man his father was, he would be able to hold on to many of his father’s vassals if Masamune the famous smith were to return to his employ. Though even with that, it is predicted that he will be destroyed, or at least reduced greatly in strength. But this would be considered the most honorable option.

B. Go to the Warlord Okara, he is offering 30 gold for your services, along with the finest forges in his castle. He is considered currently one of the strongest warlords, with the strongest armies. However, this may be considered dishonorable by some.

C.Search for a potential emperor. Small chance at first, but increases with every year you spend searching.

D. Something else? You can of course send others to search in your stead while you do something else, though they will not be as able as you.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »

Turn Summary:
1 year going to New Zealand (Polynesia area)
1 year training with familiar, to gain the evocation skill
1 year training with magic, to develop a spell forged weapon: short sword
2 years doing deeds/work for the people to gain some money and influence
1 year developing a weapon skill, short sword
1 year developing a fighting skill, two weapon fighting/casting
2 years for additional deeds/work for the people to gain more money and influence
1 year establishing a place to stay in

Fluff:

Desired initial outcome:

Skills: evocation, short sword mastery, two weapon/casting mastery

Spells: Spell forge: short sword

Buildings: Personal foothold

Earnings based on fighting/weapon skill: 156 ( 52 + 52 + (52 x 2) + (52 x 3) )

fighting/weapon skill +3
magic  +2

No implicit gathering a following efforts but just being on more friendly terms with the locals

Note: I made the fluff and information here based on what I think I should be able to do, if anyone thinks this conflicts with any other established fluff
then please correct me.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »

Spoiler: Wavebringer (click to show/hide)

As his sons took on a greater role in running things Miles was able to expand the family business to start building their own ships.
1x Invest in a business 80G + 65G
14.5G x 10 years = 145G
1x Train skill: Shipwright

Miles continued to build his family, finding a spouses for both Rose and Steven. But Violet was different. He could feel the same power he bore flowing through here veins. Instead of preparing her for a settled life slowly building the family's power, he trained her for the long war teaching her to use the gifts Sind had given her.
3xFocus on family
-6 gold for a dowry
Violet receives basic training in magic

The death of Acter was a disturbing wake up call. Few of the sindari could stand against such a warrior. Their only chance was to flee and even that would be difficult. So Miles set about creating a spell and enchanting soul gems with it.
When cast the spell would turn the user into a wind that would rush out of the area.
He sent one of these gems and one raw gem to each of his fellow sindari.
1x Train magic: Weather
2xTrain magic: Transformation
1x Collect soul gems
1x Enchant soul gems
+10 Wind escape gems

Summery:
Each Player receives: 1 Wind escape gem and 1 raw soul gem.
Amelia receives the Hurricane gem

Attributes: +1 for time
Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:10 + 2 Willpower:4 Perception: 4 Presence:2
Wealth/Assets: Gold 140 gold
Shipping business(145 gold)
5 Soul gems
Influence:16 +6.5
Worshipers/Power:52 worshipers
    10 skill 3 Sailors
    3 Skill 3 Fighters
    39 skill 0 Followers
Family:Wife Olivia
Daughter Lily aged 31: 4/6 Sindari More Sindari traits than human. Lives 100 to 200 years longer than average. Strong recuperative abilities. Very strong, fast, and intelligent.
    5 gold political fund
    Husband Julius: son of a roman senator
Son Mark aged 28: 4/6 Sindari
    Wife, 2 sons and a daughter
Daughter Rose aged 25: 3/6 Sindari Lives 50 to a 100 years longer, faster and stronger than normal.
    New Husband
Son Steven aged 22: 1/6 Sindari: Completely human.
    New Wife
Daughter Violet aged 19: 6/6 Sindari Ability: Soul Cast
Skills:
Sailing 6
Trade 4
Shipwright 2
Magic:
Weather control 12
Lightning 4
Transformations 4

Edit: Changed to account for having an eleventh player. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:20:18 pm by Sudurandom »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2017, 10:42:04 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Masamune resolved, from that day forward, to find the true emperor. He composed messages of thanks to both Tonga's son and Okara, the former for his family's support and the latter for his kind offer, but explained to both that he had been given a divine mission.

And so Masamune set off on his travels, beginning to ceaselessly wander the land in search of the true emperor. When he found the time to, however, he practiced his warding and dampening enchantments, as well as ensuring that he was never away from the home he found in a mountain village for his wife and children for too long. During his travels, he tested the swordsmanship of many a samurai he found along the way in friendly duels, soon becoming quite accomplished in the art himself.

Spend four actions increasing Dampening Magic
Spend one action focusing on family. Have one child, Kyou, female.
Spend five actions searching for the true Emperor and training swordsmanship along the way.

Expected results:
-+8 Dampening skill, total of 10
-Gain one daughter, Kyou, 3
-+5 Swordsmanship, total of 6
-130 gold in profits from smithing guild
-Find the Emperor: Noriko Fuuri, a young onna-bugeisha (female samurai) looking to make her mark on the world.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:20:12 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22