Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 30434 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2018, 11:25:04 am »

Octavian responds in a similarly inaudible manner.
"I don't believe you understand us, Inquisitor. We have no desire to rule the world. To bring it into a golden age is a desirable goal, but it should be the mortals that do so, with our guidance and teachings, so that they can become as great as we are.
Aside from that, we are sworn to avenge the murder of Sind. But many of us would much rather you reform your ways, step into the role you were made for. Champions and protectors of the people, not conquerors and subjugators of the masses.
There is so much good Cisharni and Sindari together could do if you would listen to the will of the people rather than bending them to your will."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2018, 11:56:02 am »

The Inquisitor chuckles,

“The will of the people? They are to us as they are to sheep. With a mere thought I could bend these men to my will. They struggle and fight among themselves, bringing war and poverty with each blunder they make. Cisharn made us better, and while you Sindari are imitations made by a vengeful Sind, the people will be better off under our hands.”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2018, 12:12:26 pm »

Octavian made note of the Inquisitor’s misstatement - saying that he and the Cisharni were like sheep - but made no outward expression of his amusement.

“I will not argue that mortals can be foolish, but they strive to better themselves. What they need is guidance, not total control; champions to lead them, not masters to drive them like cattle.
Besides, you claim all the Cisharni are so much better, but does not the Pharoah and his plans raise concerns among your ranks? When the mortals make mistakes, there are consequences, but when we do, those consequences are so much worse, and it is not us alone that bear the burden of our follies.
The people will be better off with our hands behind them, guiding them, not over them, ready to strike. Show them what their weaknesses are, and help them to overcome. That is how we may usher in a golden era.”

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2018, 01:00:24 pm »

(Ahh geez, now I can’t go back and fix that mistake :P )

The Inquisitor’s face remained impassive. “It is a pity that you won’t  open your eyes to the truth. If you won’t face reason, why should we suffer your attempts to undermine the empire we are building any longer?”
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:21 pm »

"I hadn't been of the impression that you had.
It's clear that neither of us is going to convince the other. I'm sorry.
May we have the privilege to meet again in a kinder age."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2018, 04:03:29 pm »

The Inquisitor gave a tight smile in reply. He looked at the General Emries and nodded. The General finished, "Either you will accept our offer, or we will take this fortress and with it the rest of your Empire!"

Prince Tal angrily replied "I will take your offer to the Dragon Emperor. If he finds your terms favorable we will inform you."

With that both parties nodded, and begun to ride back to their side.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2018, 09:17:51 am »

The party rides back to the fortress, hearts heavy. The Atlanteans drop the teleportation block over the fortress for a day, to allow for messages to be sent. Prince Tal asks Octavian to deliver the offer to the Dragon Emperor. He doesn’t know if he will take it. If he doesn’t, it is likely that the fortress will be taken, and then the terms of peace could be much worse. He asks for all the Sindari’s opinion.

Amelia, Masamune, and Octavian are at the fortress currently. This may be the last chance to teleport away. Does your character leave, and if they stay what is their plan if the fortress is attacked (fight as long as possible, try to flee, etc.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2018, 09:22:15 am »

Octavian will deliver the offer.
I'd like to know if said offer changed at all between when the Inquisitor and I started and ended our discussion, however.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2018, 09:26:48 am »

No, the offer didn’t change. They see themselves as holding the power in this situation, and didn’t feel the need to change their terms.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 03, 2018, 09:53:45 pm »

Also, when Octavian meets with the Emperor, he will inform him of the situation with the Pharaoh, and the fact that this Cisharni apparently needs to be able to use one of three certain temples/holy areas/whatever they were that are presently in Chinese territory in order to complete their ritual to do Something BadTM, and then ask what the Emperor thinks should be done about this.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2018, 10:15:02 pm »

Masamune set to work; it was possible to maintain the fort as long as possible and still escape, if only he could work out the correct enchantment in time. . .

Masamune will delay as long as possible so he can work on an enchantment that counteracts the teleportation blockers that the Cisharni use; should he not create one in time he'll take the offer and teleport out. He's using 13 Enchanting and 10 Damping magic to do this, and he has 10 Willpower and 8 Intelligence.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 10:22:03 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »

Octavian will teleport out any Sindari that wish to be evacuated.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2018, 10:06:02 pm »

Noting the single day of retrieving the dead, and the open teleblockers that gave an opportunity to escape...

Amelia does not decide to escape at the moment--instead staying and holding the fortress, relaying to Masamune to study the teleblockers to break their 'code' for a quick escape later with Octavian, and for Octavian to bring them directly to the Chinese Emperor to explain the situation (alongside WHY the Sindari are not letting the Chinese into the Cisharni hands, especially because of Serrana's information about having infiltrated China).

Instead she coordinates an organized evacuation, given that the siege will take long with her skill in engineering having reinforced the whole fortress, and in the later moments, priming the whole area to explode, utilizing both her enchantment skill and engineering expertise. She hopes her works will also change the terrain, collapsing entry areas of the whole pass, and disabling long range teleportation from the Cisharni lands. Using Masamune's ranged weapons to great effectiveness, she also ensures that none of his works are collectable by the enemy, and uses Chinese warfare culture to aid the soldiers against these greater numbers (deception like crafted enchanted dummies, the weather, or terrain, to beleaguer morale.

Her Nu-Sindari also aid with their skills--a scout commander and a teleporting Nu-Sindari.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34:41 pm »

Octavian and Amelia stand before the Dragon Emperor in his great hall. His great length lays coiled around the dais, upon which stands an ornate throne. His scales glow gold in the light.

Octavian informs the Dragon of Atlantis’s offer, which consists of surrender of territory they conquered, payment of a massive tribute, exchange of hostages, and the exile of the Sindari in exchange for peace and assistance with the plague.

Steam rises from his nostrils at this. He growls, “These terms are not to my liking, but my generals are afraid, and worry we do not have the strength to beat them. What are your thoughts on the matter?”

Octavian also tells him of the Pharoah’s plan to infiltrate one of the nexus of magical energy in China, and that disaster of an unknown form would result. The Dragon Emperor eyes narrow.

“My duty over these lands are to protect these nexus. You have done well to bring this to my attention.”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2018, 01:42:37 pm »

I do not like their terms either, but Prince Tal was not able to negotiate them lower at all, so it's either the terms or continued warfare. Based on the events of the recent battle, I would have to agree with your generals.
However, Masamune is of the opinion that he should be able to hold the fort. It would likely be best to let him inform you of how he plans to do so.

[Octavian is willing to channel Masamune through the mental link for this purpose.]

Regarding the nexuses. I understand that it is your duty to protect them, but we are reasonably certain that if the locations were destroyed, the Pharaoh would be unable to conduct his rituals. It is certainly a situation that is far less than ideal, but if it should come to the point where we don't believe we could stop them, would we have permission to destroy the nexuses to prevent them falling into Cisharni hands?
I promise, I ask this only as a worst-case, last-resort hypothetical. If we figure out another way, or if you have a way to stop the rituals or prevent their use, we will gladly avoid using this method.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22