Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: And they say Orcs are monsters (Ye olde)  (Read 1984 times)

vbuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
And they say Orcs are monsters (Ye olde)
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:52:14 am »

I was playing with an Orc fortress in a narrow embark and I had a gnome siege spawning right at my fortress' entrance. Before I could muster my militia and burrow the civilians inside combat ensued between the gnome squad and my ash industry's workers. This oven operator got hit by a gnome in the head and he proceeded to cave her baby's skull with a wrench.

That was really brutal and sad. I managed to rescue her, but she is currently in a coma in my hospital. Her husband, my clanspeaker and one of the original 7 buccaneers that founded the settlement is kind of sad, but seems conformed overall. They have another son, an older child who was born a sorcerer and actually participated in the fight by casting spells on the gnome's skunk mounts. He got a bolt to the buttocks, but will be fine (combat in this version is sometimes hilarious, I always laugh at all the buttocks flying away in an arc).

With the siege repelled, the orcs decided to suspend the annual raiding of the elves. They have found a new enemy and the gnomes will pay.

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: And they say Orcs are monsters (Ye olde)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:39:57 pm »

...Arn't gnomes about the same size as ork babys? That baby is a pathetic snaga isnt it....

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:09 pm »

Wow I wonder if orcs had personally wronged the gnomes in some way, or if it's just the AI being itself again?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »

I have a fort that's been dormant for some time now that had a similar... Issue. Lost more orcs to those little shits than anything else, which surprised the hell out of me.

Beware the gnome, for his screwdrivers know no mercy.