Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Succubi that sneak into rooms and feed on sleeping dwarves.  (Read 2423 times)

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Succubi that sneak into rooms and feed on sleeping dwarves.
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:19:05 am »

But rather than killing, they inflict a syndrome that drains their victim's physical attributes. The affected dwarf will have severely decreased productivity and ability, and will be a burden on society until the syndrome passes.
Despite not killing anyone, a few hungry succubi should be able to cripple a fortress's productivity if they're not rooted out.

Gods from the sphere of lust could curse people into succubi or incubi if their temples are defiled.

Also being fed on should give the victim happy thoughts "after having a pleasant dream".

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubi that sneak into rooms and feed on sleeping dwarves.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:25:06 pm »

Right, but are they really a night creature if they aren't dangerous and vicious?
How bad is the drain?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 12:08:39 am »

How, exactly, is this different from a vampire without the actual chance of killing anyone?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:23:12 am »

How, exactly, is this different from a vampire without the actual chance of killing anyone?
I guess it is meant to suck something entirely different from blood  :o
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 02:52:42 pm »

Right, but are they really a night creature if they aren't dangerous and vicious?
How bad is the drain?
Maybe if they feed on the same dwarf for a long enough amount of time the dwarf could either die or go insane, preferrebly stark raving mad though having the dwarf go catatonic or berserk would work too. Maybe make an entirely new kind of insanity for dwarves who got too much of the succ-ubi. A couple of succubi/incubi could drive a good amount of the fort insane if kept unchecked.
Add to that good skills for murder and the need to eat, sleep, breathe and have nice things and you got yourself a fairly nasty night creature.
And to make matters worse more fun, maybe dead succubi/incubi that rise up as ghosts could be "lustful poltergeists", doing the exact same thing they used to do when alive with the exception that you can't cave their heads in now.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »

There are plenty of sources for various monsters of various degrees of evil, but the real fun part of succubi and incubi in particular is that it opens up the possibility of spawning part-demon babies.  I think that would be a fitting addition to the game.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 03:23:12 pm »

Maybe, instead of draining physical attributes, make it so they drain a victims personality.

Toady could set up a base outline of a personality that is totally drained, one that doesn't care about anything, isn't motivated to or by anything, ignores relationships and eventually food, doesn't sleep well but is prone to random outbursts of extreme emotion (rages, sudden intense greed, tantrums, ETC)... Then each 'attack' by the Succubus/Incubus moves the victim a little bit closer to that personality (obviously there should be some method of recovery), possibly leaving the victim as an emotionless husk or finally driving them insane.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 05:43:16 pm »

Interesting, It would be fun to have a nigh unkillable Demon-Dwarf...
Just think of the tests that could be done! Do Half-Demons melt in lava?
Can they swim? Will they get bad thoughts for being forced to eat another dwarfs corpse?
The possibilities are endless!
Been quite a while since i've been to the forum what'd I miss?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »

I'm pretty sure that dwarves (unless raised by gobbos or controlled by the player in adventurer mode) won't eat other sentient creatures even when starving. I might be wrong tho
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »

You're right, however i've changed it so that it is possible.

Batgirl1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 12:49:16 am »

I don't think half-demons will happen for the same reason half-elves probably won't happen, but maybe the baby could be some kind of new monster in the vein of a forgotten beast...but smaller. Also, it wouldn't procreate ever, mostly for the sake of simplicity, but possibly also because by the time it's fully grown, you have either killed it or watched your fort become ashes.

...I originally just wanted to say +1 to the idea of dwarfs being driven insane.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 04:37:17 am »

It could be implemented as a syndrome, similar to vampires, only the syndrome is passed on to the child  instead of the victim themselves.  The child of a demon could be born with abilities and/or deformities associated with that demon's sphere.

The same system could be used to produce demigods through in-game mechanisms.  Gods or demons could take physical form and impregnate mortals.  Ancient trope.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 07:26:42 am »

I don't think half-demons will happen for the same reason half-elves probably won't happen

Interbreeding is planned, last I heard.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 04:57:47 pm »

I don't think half-demons will happen for the same reason half-elves probably won't happen

I wonder if half-breeds will be able to breed too.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 05:23:46 pm »

I wonder if half-breeds will be able to breed too.
That's usually the reason given for why it hasn't been implemented yet. Can you calculate the range of appearances and stats of the guy who's parents were a half-goblin elf and a half-gorlak snail-man?

Not impossible of course, but needs a lot more time than simply rustling up a quick half-elf template.
Pages: [1] 2