No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47336 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Unplanned AI
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2017, 10:49:53 am »

Btw, still buying nature gems, for any other.

1:1, even if we are at war, i don't care

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Unplanned AI
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2017, 08:33:31 am »

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Magic incoming as I conked out with a headache last night without extending time
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Black Magic and Rollbacks, is there a differences?
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2017, 08:45:53 am »

Sorry about that folks. Be certain to grab the newest turn file. I normally wouldn't have done this but no one had put their turn in yet and it was only an or or so ago that I stalled.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:01:43 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2017, 10:22:39 am »

It happens mate, feel free to share the admin password with someone that can extend in such moments.

Anyone else feel that thread activity and pm activity are pretty much inverted?

Otherwise, how many messages for a round of bay12 dominions? I send like 30ish / game, but some of those are to several people.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2017, 02:09:18 pm »

I DON'T WANT TO BOSS YOU AROUND BUT I HAVE CLAIMED THE IRON THRONE, THEREFORE I SHOULD TAKE ALL EXECUTIVE DECISIONS AGAINST THE UNDEAD HORDE IN THE NORTH.

-- Peacenik, King of the Seven Kingdoms of Arcoscephale and countryside

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2017, 11:57:35 pm »

It happens mate, feel free to share the admin password with someone that can extend in such moments.

Anyone else feel that thread activity and pm activity are pretty much inverted?

Otherwise, how many messages for a round of bay12 dominions? I send like 30ish / game, but some of those are to several people.
In a normal game, 30 seems on the high end, but I've not won a normal game, so perhaps I'm not the expert. In a disciple game, more than 100.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2017, 12:13:48 am »

I'm up to 50 messages received. There is probably quite a bit more back room talk going on this round.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2017, 03:46:02 pm »

Do you want to be Burdened? Because this is how you get Burdened.

Actually, probably not. If Ermor stands for anything besides Friendship, it's Hospitality, and being Burdensome would mean fewer BVCs to slip under the welcome mats and lictors to make you feel at home. Our mummies raised us better than to fritter away our time and energy catering to the whims of REMFs when we have guests in our houses.  Ofc, you might be worried you can overwhelm my supply of Hospitality, but there you'd be wrong. Good hosts plan ahead.

This is also the time when the sweet summer children thinking only of the present are separated from the cynical elders preparing for the shortening days after the harvest. Take careful note of who is doing the heavy lifting and who is swooping in to fatten up on scraps; it'll be telling who gets who to tear down forts full of ghouls with doomstacks that rot on their feet. Some of the involved parties may think they can get off lightly due to some immunity, healing, or recuperation, but the only ones that'll actually stay disease-free are the lizards and the monkeys (and maybe the sea monkeys, but in their case only because they don't seem interested in getting in on the siege game nor playing "can I recuperate consistently enough avoid accrue fatal injuries"). I don't mention the other prime beneficiary of this situation, but do I really need to?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2017, 04:54:04 pm »

You could pull back, be more of a headhog style "I bite you if you attack me", instead of having a aids-agents all over the place and being the only player to take another players capital.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2017, 05:28:51 pm »

True armor does not simply protect in just one direction. The person doing the backstab, or more accurately in this case a side stab will need to make sure that they hit hard enough to kill in a single blow because they should be very aware of the distance they are at. They also will need to make sure that they will not simply be crushed by what is being lifted. But this is not the sort of thing a front line troop needs to care about, they should just be aware that there are wisperings that hope to make them falter, to take their eyes off their true target.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »

Oh, seagoats, you're so cute when you try to sound reasonable. TC being in my hands is the best thing that could have happened as far as balance of power was concerned when they went AI. I burnt it down to almost nothing - so I'm getting no income - because other nations, most vocally you, made it clear that Someone Else needed to have it instead of me. Had one of you lot grabbed it, it would be giving you the edge you're making it sound like I'm getting from it. As it stands, it's giving me as many gems as a couple provinces - which might sound like a lot (if you have no sense of proportion, I suppose) until you consider that even when I was at my most "all over the place" (which was always pretty damned self-contained), I still had far fewer provinces than Arco, C'tis, Agartha, Marignon, you... not to mention that by fighting invasions into my hedgehog zones almost from year 1, I've not had the same opportunity to exploit or necessarily even search them. But sure, go ahead, try to make it sound like this is about "fairness" and "balance" rather than convention and opportunism.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:48:24 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »

but the only ones that'll actually stay disease-free are the lizards and the monkeys
Monkeys? In this miasma we're fighting under? Please.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2017, 05:49:38 pm »

Pfft, don't pretend you don't like it. You're catching organic, free-range diseases instead of the artificial mass-produced crap we have to subsist on.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2017, 06:10:17 pm »

Oh err... I seem to have forgotten to send in my turn.
Sorry guys, next turn will proceed once I have looked over things to make sure there wasn't a reason I didn't just send it in earlier... So up to 30 minutes or so.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2017, 08:36:23 pm »

Ugh, another entry into the Bad Ideas Hall of Fame.

So I gave my heroically-precise prophet a bow, so that he'd fire rear during a siege. Cue him missing, hitting an Apsara, triggering blood vengeance (yup, it doesn't recognize friendly fire) and dying. His anti-howl guards then move to attack, mages get murdered by wolves, army routs.

(this is not to diminish Hatman's resourceful defence, but if not for the aforementioned suicide the battle could go either way)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39