No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47783 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Black Magic and Rollbacks, is there a differences?
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2017, 08:43:49 pm »

Oh hey, that's where my Ivory Bow ended up! Thanks for pointing that out.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2017, 08:47:30 pm »

Ask Hatman, maybe he'll sell it back to you :)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2017, 10:43:01 am »

Can I have a 24h extension?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2017, 03:51:42 pm »

Sure
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2017, 03:37:21 am »

Fighting against emror is better motivation to not fight them then any of the pm and thread - talk, jesus. Guess I do have to research cleansing water and watch my casters die for it...

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2017, 03:03:12 pm »

Part of me really wants to comment on that, but the rest of me is taking that part out behind the keep and sewing its lips shut.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2017, 04:03:52 am »

Just a heads up, but I'm likely to need a bit more time, the past few days have been weird, I just was not able to find the time to do the turn, and I may not be able to in the 13 hours left before the deadline. Once more I apologize for the delays I've caused.

Glory to United Forenia!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:48 am »

another 24 added
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2017, 03:40:34 am »

I got around 34 Fire gems to get rid off, for Air / Nature / water or Earth in roughly that order

Also man it would be great if there was a effect that "forces" movement on enemy commanders (like lure basically) - I want that sweet home advantage one of these days... - I expected to be piled up on so I am stuck with countless underwater only units that can't do much of anything right now...

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:00:57 am by ThtblovesDF »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2017, 09:15:57 pm »

I got around 34 Fire gems to get rid off, for Air / Nature / water or Earth in roughly that order

Also man it would be great if there was a effect that "forces" movement on enemy commanders (like lure basically) - I want that sweet home advantage one of these days... - I expected to be piled up on so I am stuck with countless underwater only units that can't do much of anything right now...
Wind ride. Pulls any commander to you and only the commander. Requires Conj 5, A5 and 10 air gems, resisted more so by large size and/or earth magic paths. Resisted effect can cause the commander to be dropped halfway, so you could drop air breathing commanders into the water who will drown instantly. However its kind of useless in the current situation where there are scouts running around everywhere.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:47 pm »

Winged Monkeys and Astral Harpoon do this as well, albeit with different limitations. Still no "whole army" lure, though. I'd say that's good in Dom4, because defender's initiative is a huge advantage as the game progresses. Even if the movement lure didn't force armies to be attackers, though, you'd be glad nothing like that exists the moment you started fighting Agartha. Considering that it would force armies to be attackers, you'd be very, very glad nothing like that exists...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2017, 03:07:10 am »

Winged Monkeys and Astral Harpoon do this as well, albeit with different limitations. Still no "whole army" lure, though. I'd say that's good in Dom4, because defender's initiative is a huge advantage as the game progresses. Even if the movement lure didn't force armies to be attackers, though, you'd be glad nothing like that exists the moment you started fighting Agartha. Considering that it would force armies to be attackers, you'd be very, very glad nothing like that exists...
Turn 1 earthquake? I would have thought turn 1 rain of stones would be worse since it takes only 1 gem, but I guess that is more of a mage killer then route entire army. Or turn 1 master enslave, although level 9 research tends to be very far away.
Astral Harpoon
Hm...iron angel with bear claw, boots of giant strength and halberd of might puts it at 36 strength...I wonder what could match that, maybe one of the pretenders in their domain...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2017, 03:56:09 am »

As in Golem Cult dominion: turn-always +10-100% health on mindless-lifeless non-undead (so 37-66hp Sentinels regenerating 4-7hp per round); stacks cumulatively with GoH for extra !FUN! (if by !FUN! you mean 132hp Sentinels regenerating 14hp/round, 136hp Earth Elementals also regening 14per, 192hp Living Mercuries, 372hp Marble Oracles and shrouded Golems@38per, and my absolute favorite if you let things go WAY too far, 832hp Juggernauts@84per - though even just 60hp Clay Men@6per is pretty nasty).

Specifically in terms of attacking them, their golems keep fighting w/o problems until turn 75. while an attacker's troops will have started autorouting/dissolving at turn 50 unless you engage in shenanigans. This matters a lot because Sentinels, etc. are reasonably hard to kill but not necessarily the most lethal things ever.

If you're Harpoon-fishing, use a Golem. Stronger than an Iron Angel, and Astral boosts effectiveness as well. Things will still resist, because it's not a straight comparison, but it slants odds nicely in your favor.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:07:18 am by E. Albright »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2017, 04:51:13 am »

Doesn't Prophet bonus also stack hilariously well with Golem Cult? I seem to recall a Propheted Kin-Breaker/Marble Oracle having absurd amounts of HPs in strong Dominion.

And yes, the bonus is utterly passive, I think it affects your stuff too but they're called Agarthan Super Summons for a reason. :)

Still, remember everyone that E. Albright's scenario is a battle happening in Strength 10 Dominion, and Gift of Health being up.
It's an utterly terrifying scenario yes, but one really only possible on the defense (If you have strength 10 hostile dominion in your territory, something's gone horribly wrong, I think.)

Glory to United Forenia!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2017, 05:23:51 am »

I had one very-unserious SP game when I got Heroic Toughness on a wished-for Colossal Fetish Prophet; I wanna say it got up to 1200hp or so. That was funny in a bad way. Ofc, that has nothing on a not-even-heroic prophetized Divine Named Juggernaut - 2432hp, plus it's H4 in case that wasn't ridiculous enough...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39