No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47751 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Black Magic and Rollbacks, is there a differences?
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2018, 03:51:15 am »

The Arcane nexus does nothing until next round, or none cast spells this round.

If Arco tell us its income, I can tell you if I am more dangerous now or them. Sadly I don't have any combat plans (evidence: 5 unsuccessful attacks on emror, where arco only needed one, all of them had as many heads as arcos attack), so I'ma just spam defensive units.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 08, 2018, 08:01:16 am »

I did not expect this. I was complacent!

Yes rituals have been cast and stuff has been forged this round. So, next round it starts.

I will not tell you my income, since I already informed you about my gem reserves in the very smart MP I sent you and half the world. But do the maths. Province-wise, our empires are equal or almost equal in size (in the mid- or upper 30's), and you do not have the 0 pop Ermorian provinces to contend with. We had equal income before this turn. Now you have double or something like that. You will hire everything everywhere and pump up the PD like it's nothing. You can scoop all the mercenaries. You will finish chirpy Bandar Log while I struggle with tenacious Ermor.

edit: adjective for Bandar Log
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:59:42 am by Marmaduke »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 08, 2018, 08:21:01 am »

The markata constituency takes umbrage to using Bandar Log as a counterpoint to being tenacious.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 08, 2018, 10:02:30 am »

You and emoror both have the same gross bless, its horrible.

As for the one thing that actually wins you the game, the thrones, none got much of anything there yet.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 08, 2018, 11:03:11 am »

Yes, you mentioned arco, but oceania was the one who just cast arcane nexus and gift of nature's bounty. But if you want to feel better about it, then go ahead and take credit for not saying I told you so.

Okay, seriously, I'd have let it go at that, but since you choose to use the phrase "I told you so"... is it that important that you "prove me wrong", however tenuously?

I made the observation about Arco being in a position that looked indomitable "barring a a prompt dogpile coupled with some serious late-game shenanigans". A turn or three later, Oceania cast a very nasty combination of globals. Like Arco, I didn't see it coming, so I made a reference to them engaging in precisely the sort of "serious late-game shenanigans" (I even used the exact same phrase!) that could overcome Arco's rather-large edge. This wasn't meant as some deep prognostication; this was meant to say "I didn't see that coming (because everyone's been pretty passive and not showing much initiative, truth be told), and OMG ouch". No more, no less.

Having said that, per a quick test in Debug Mod you should be fine so long as you're only forging 1-gem items, even if you forge a bunch of them at once.

--

Oceania, do you really have no plan but "turtle"? Between GoH, GoNB, and AN, if you have Alteration 9 I'd be expecting chain Armageddons to eliminate any possible blood economies and to shrink un-Gifted gold economies below a sustainable level (as well as whacking a whole lot of stockpiled un-other-Gifted troops - particularly markatas, obviously), so all that would remain would be the gem economies that feed your Nexus.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:08:50 am by E. Albright »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 08, 2018, 11:33:23 am »

I guess it is fair enough now that I understand what 3 dots mean in this situation. Also I don't think armageddon is on the table since if GoNB gets dispelled, oceania would be in the same boat as everyone else. I think the plan for oceania is to swarm everything with transformed capricorns alongside mass summoned armies, because transformation and all the summons gets half refunded due to arcane nexus, gift of health will heal feeblemind. Regardless, this is when things get VERY interesting in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:36:35 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 08, 2018, 11:43:11 am »

Transformation is far to gem expensive to be used for anything except having free researchers and even for them it takes like 30 turns for the transformation to be "worth" it.

Armageddons will be cast if someone invades me, of course.

I'm very aware of how big of a target I made myself, so I am just awaiting who attacks me, then focusing my efforts on the first dude as a form of hedhog defence. Most nations will be fine, since the most likly outcome would be me and arco having a slap fight sooner or later (even if i like them) - which can be used by all the other nations to steal some territory from whoever loses. Alternativly they just join on whoever we are fighting (emror and bandar log atm), grab something there and then see what goes on.

Fighting me or Arco is what has to be done, but its not what anyone wants to do, since it only brings disadvantages.

My "late" game plan is to just cast frozen sea and hide.

Edit: I strongly assume Arco has already PM'd everyone for a big old disspell, its what I would've done in its place - it draws gems away from everyone else and takes out the sudden possible competition.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 08, 2018, 11:56:04 am »

My "late" game plan is to just cast frozen sea and hide.
Jesus, don't do that. Can you, or at least somebody else, please start playing to win?

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 08, 2018, 01:31:27 pm »

Edit: I strongly assume Arco has already PM'd everyone for a big old disspell, its what I would've done in its place - it draws gems away from everyone else and takes out the sudden possible competition.

I did, but I misunderstood an answer and thought I had left you on the list.
If I did not PM you today and you are not Oceania, apologies, but you are an evil nation of skeletons and you need to stop resisting and die already.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 08, 2018, 09:52:46 pm »

Jesus, don't do that. Can you, or at least somebody else, please start playing to win?
I want to say I am but I kind of got interupted by a sudden angel sc saying no to me advancing on ermor's capital. Will see if this will escalate or just be a simple bumping into armies.

Oh, I am going to preempt the comment about attacking ermor is not winning, leaving a flank open to be overrun by 9000 skeletons isn't exactly winning either.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:55:34 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #460 on: January 09, 2018, 12:39:18 am »

I would like to apologize for that. I never got this angel before so I was testing it. The Angel will be gone next turn as I honestly didn't expect it to win (I even forgot to script it)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 09, 2018, 03:24:14 am »

Don't apologize Akhier, in the Dominions universe nuke testing is done in other countries.  :P Nice fight btw, I did not expect the angel to survive but he made it all right.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2018, 06:58:18 pm »

Emror turn plox

Ok, Arcane Nexus gave me 0 Gems. 0.

Ouch.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:24:45 am by ThtblovesDF »

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 12, 2018, 10:24:52 am »

I am surprised: I thought that, even with no gem spent, you would earn some gems as the global description implies.
Thinking about it, it may mean that Arcane Nexus is active at two steps in the turn order sequence: first it gets gems from spells and also at the same time from nothing, then it delivers these gems to its owner. The last turn, there was no Arcane Nexus up to gather the gems, so none was delivered. This turn, Arcane Nexus gathered the gems but was dispelled before it was able to deliver them. Something like that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 12, 2018, 10:46:43 am »

Ok, Arcane Nexus gave me 0 Gems. 0.

Ouch.
What a sound investment. Are you, perchance, a stable genius? :P
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39