No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47346 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Black Magic and Rollbacks, is there a differences?
« Reply #465 on: January 12, 2018, 11:02:31 am »

Whats Godwin’s law for Trump?

Its a good spell mate, it had all the big numbers next to it.

Now who disspelled it?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:17 am »

I have heard in the grapevine it was Agartha. They hate your freedom.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2018, 06:59:16 pm »

Hey, did you know? Agartha is two good thrones from winning. Amazing!
So if you're, say, Ulm or Marignon, I'd be mindful of a certain nation, whose general population could be reasonably well described as resembling one-eyed snakes.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2018, 07:28:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm far more worried about this then about the possibility of agartha going through the water to surprise attack the throne of elements.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2018, 08:26:59 pm »

...that's pretty much in keeping with this game's recurrent theme of most players fighting irrelevant peripheral wars instead of trying to win...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2018, 08:53:07 pm »

Iron Blizzard would also chew my units up. Remember how my front line is Pale Ones, Humans, and magic statues and mercury elementals? Pierce resistance would cancel out with Iron Blizzard's 'Double Damage vs Magic', if the unit had 0 protection. Obviously, it doesn't. In my experience, the double damage is applied before protection (And the darts are AP and piercing), pierce resistance after. And a 0 Protection mercury suffers attrition pretty damn quickly.
Of course, Pale Ones don't even have their marginal strength advantage against Ulm too (not that it really matters even against normal humans), and Ulm's human troops are superior to Agartha's human troops.

Really, with the Throne of Element's position, I'd be in for a fight to get it and with Defender's Advantage and their super-rainbow, they'll have ways to stop an attempt to BS their mageline away with an earthquake, and too far for me to do a sudden blitz on it without sufficient forewarning allowing him to reinforce appropriately. I've seen this matchup, and it's a PITA for Agartha.
Oh right, Il Palazzo didn't mention the fact that me and Ulm do not even share a border.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2018, 12:36:38 am »

...although the one-province-thick Wall of Marignon between you two isn't exactly that much of an impediment...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:38 am »

...although the one-province-thick Wall of Marignon between you two isn't exactly that much of an impediment...
Oh right, that route. That's even longer.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2018, 03:49:44 am »

Wow, I am more annoyed by the Mother Oak disspell then the other one. ARcane whatever.

We cool Arco, I gotta finish this ape off. Feel free to win, idgaf

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2018, 10:17:27 am »

Oh right, Il Palazzo didn't mention the fact that me and Ulm do not even share a border.
One would hope that having learned a lesson from 427, you would not pretend that not bordering a throne province is any sort of an impediment to capturing it.

I gotta finish this ape off.
Get in line, bub.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2018, 11:45:48 am »

I have to admit, this was the first time I ever saw anyone using the returning spell in a useful way. Nice escape, see you at your Capital, when a master enslave wrecks my shit and I can't do anything about it.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2018, 11:48:34 am »

Returning is actually really useful as a means of letting you teleport immobile pretenders to places w/o labs and not be stranded there the next turn. O/w, it tends to be an !OHSHIT! button for Astral mages who don't wanna fight.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 29, 2018, 04:14:04 am »

I am surprised: I thought that, even with no gem spent, you would earn some gems as the global description implies.
Thinking about it, it may mean that Arcane Nexus is active at two steps in the turn order sequence: first it gets gems from spells and also at the same time from nothing, then it delivers these gems to its owner. The last turn, there was no Arcane Nexus up to gather the gems, so none was delivered. This turn, Arcane Nexus gathered the gems but was dispelled before it was able to deliver them. Something like that.

OK, I got no gems either, even though an Arcane Nexus with a different owner was up before I cast mine. It implies that you never start earning gems from Arcane Nexus until the next turn after it was cast, provided that it is still up at the end of the turn.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 29, 2018, 10:44:55 am »

Welp, I'm bingo on gems and all that - if anyone cares to stop Arco, do it yourself - I can't be arsed, at least he never attacked me so he can go take the win for all I care.

There is also a Arco army next to every throne he doesn't own yet.

There is a lot of salt now about Arcane Nexus for me, will most likly avoid that spell at all cost in the games to come. Who wastes 300 gems on that and doesn't get a single one back? I do. Something-something, shoulda overcasted, but yeah, hindsight is 20/20 and Arcos gem income is unlimited.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2018, 11:30:53 am »

Arcane Nexus is one of the traditional declare-war-on-the-world globals. If you cast it, you can generally expect more-or-less global pushback; everything anyone does to make themself stronger makes you stronger as well. So yeah, it's not good to cast if you care about your diplomatic standing...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39