No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47702 times)

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turns have been getting harder to do for everybody I guess (except C'tis, the isolationnist lizard kingdom?).
I am in no rush either. The best solution would be to let one- or two- week holidays pass by for Jilladilla to rest and if he is still OK, to give a try to victory. I didn't count the Thrones, but you got the Bandar Log one and are about to take one of mine; if you take my other one, will you reach the threshold?
As for me, I am trying desperate stuff. Despite having by far the most research, having forged artifacts nonstop since about 40 turns, having at some point the largest income, turns out I am bad still at the learning stage with MP endgame battlemagic and strategy.
By the way, sorry for the new global. It was just something I could do and it will help a tiny bit against invaders. If you are a non hostile nation and would like compensation, PM me. I do not have gold anymore but I can help with protective items maybe.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

This game has always been a slow burn type. Of course it depends on everyone but it is always an option to up the hosting interval to a week or something of the like if we felt it was needed.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

If you lot are seriously willing to wait that long I'll probably be able to squeeze out turns (although I'll still make a passing effort to find a sub...)...

Also, for victory reference, I did check, claiming your Thrones, Maramaduke, will not get me the win... And yeah, I did figure the 'bad at MP endgame battlemagic' part out... A few times I've wanted to give you pointers... Held back only because I was fighting you... (Sorry. Will be willing to go over things once the Arco/Agartha war is over one way or another, though.)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

No real conversation has happened after deciding we would just slow the game down so I have extended the hosting interval to a full week.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Right. I more or less abandoned this and noticed that the sub situation wasn't resolved when I looked back... Trying again to get one.

With the timer as it is, I'll probably have to deliver a quick and makeshift turn in.. I once again apologize to everyone here.

Glory to United Forenia!

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking Vengeful Water would be more efficient.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need that good dominion... it works well vs human commanders, but everything around this place is buff as fuck.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]
« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »

So it doesn't disappear into the PM message afterlife, All remaining players have agreed that the game is finished. One or two may still play around with the shambling husks that are AIs but otherwise Good Game.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 08, 2018, 12:55:32 pm »

My late game can be reduced to "Oh I am super prepared for war" "Oh no, the others prepared, too." Ya'll are just to good.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 08, 2018, 02:36:18 pm »

I'm not sure what's happening but who was the victor?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #550 on: April 08, 2018, 11:05:10 pm »

Draw on account of loss of play inertia

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2018, 02:36:45 am »

Arco might have been fought back by everyone working together - but only to a degree, just like emror. Once he was small enough (or even died), we would once again have countless nations that all border each other and the most dangerous once would be ripped apart from to many sides, with to many different tactics.

A tactical stalemate that is made even worse in dominions 5, by the recruitment point limits.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 09, 2018, 07:58:00 am »

Oh no, don't you dare cite Ermor as an existential threat that everyone banded together against. All y'all brought this squarely on yourselves. If I was responsible for the eventual stalemate, it was only because I gave everyone who bordered me an excuse to let everyone else who bordered me turtle and hit endgame research. Arco had me contained on their front with minimal effort (and was gradually pushing me out of old TC, but not in an obvious, "look at me, I'm expanding" kind of way), and my strictly-limited size kept me from getting enough gems to ever make anything of myself once turn 30 or so passed - everyone else had lots of mages and meaningful research, while I had blobs of chaff and scant handfuls of illiterate, home-schooled mages. I was an existential excuse, not an existential threat.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 10, 2018, 01:36:14 am »

Draw on account of loss of play inertia

Sounds about right. Last I checked while I was still going strong in my fight against Arco, one more heavy loss would have likely set me on the defensive for a while; although I do not see Arco counter-pushing into my caverns. The efficacy of his Golem Supercombatents vs my Living Mercuries has already been established as... Subpar... And any nation with strong Earth is set to just delete armies that try to push into their caverns. But for how long I could have maintained that? Is a question for another day, it seems.
Basically, I could've won, but at the same time, I do see a possibility where the tables end up flipped. Good match, Marmaduke.

Glory to United Forenia!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2018, 02:12:06 am »

I've perished in the global enchantment wars, before the real wars started.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39