No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47344 times)

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Begun
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2017, 02:09:50 pm »

Please don't restart, I got lucky events and, for the last few turns, I have felt like a bigwig.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2017, 05:53:24 pm »

Ooh, two turns in one day - and on a weekday, no less - I have been a good boy!

Edit: In other news, see an unusually low-population indy that has slingers as its main population. "Elephants," says I, "got to be elephants." So I set my archers to target large critters and consider it a done deal.

Yeah - no elephants, just two elemental-summoning wizards and a war minotaur. Battle did not go quite as planned.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:14:27 pm by AlStar »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2017, 05:57:28 pm »

Please don't restart, I got lucky events and, for the last few turns, I have felt like a bigwig.
please, don't restart
???
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2017, 04:54:57 am »

Man there are a lot of caves here. Does Agartha get the income bonus in MA?

A combination of missplanning and routing troops has left mine spread all over. Time to spend 2 turns just gathing em all back up...

A cool national bonus would be the ability to claim enemy temples for yourself, instead of razing them...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2017, 05:16:03 am »

So I now count 5 nations with luck.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2017, 06:10:58 am »

Man there are a lot of caves here. Does Agartha get the income bonus in MA?

ALL Agartha's get the cave bonus. It does degrade as the ages pass though. MA Agartha has 15% (EA 20%, LA 10%). Caves don't have much in the way of income in the first place though, and I think it only applies to forts?

Although, special mention goes to EA Agartha, for in addition to the cave bonus can effectively use any cave province as if it had a fort; a cave fort would only allow recruitment of their Ancient Ones and Earth Readers.
I'm not kidding, all their basic troops in addition to their lab rats and normally cap-only Great Olms have cave recruit. I would've vetoed this map if it was EA even if I was still in the Agartha seat, it wouldn't have been fair in the slightest.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2017, 06:48:32 am »

I had time to play one test game on this map, AI Agartha went on a rampage and one midgame turn, surprise! the game ended with their throne victory. They had steamrolled the whole underworld.

But it's OK. That is the magic of Dominions: balance is 50% technical and 50% geopolitical.

Now, I'm not saying that Agartha is the Ermor of this map. Mainly because, we already have one Ermor and with the ~20 prov/player average he will have plenty of time to become something we need to be decisively afraid of (no offense E. Albright, I don't even know where you are, please be far away, please don't go my way, please I said please).

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2017, 06:54:22 am »

Today's the day that my scouts went nuts - I went from seeing one other player to three. Bleh.

Annoyingly, two of them look like their expansion teams are (probably completely randomly) moving to cut off my own expansion teams.

I'm not saying there will be blood... but there very well might be blood.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2017, 07:06:15 am »

I had time to play one test game on this map, AI Agartha went on a rampage and one midgame turn, surprise! the game ended with their throne victory. They had steamrolled the whole underworld.

If it makes you feel any better there isn't enough throne points in the caverns to threaten an imminent victory, unless I do something crazy like suddenly declare war on everyone. (Yes, I do already know the exact number of throne points that exist down there.) I'm fairly content to stick with said caves too.

Glory to United Forenia!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:12 pm »

A cool national bonus would be the ability to claim enemy temples for yourself, instead of razing them...

For both balance and versatility, it would be better if they were replaced/restored with Temple Ruins or somesuch of configurable worth, which could then be replaced with your own temple at a discount - or if you wanted to make this a handicap for a nation, make them replaceable at a premium and give them penalties until replaced, hehehe...

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2017, 12:36:32 pm »

It's a very cool idea!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2017, 01:20:22 pm »

Unfortunately, it's a little beyond what currently can be done with events. If there was a "temple razed" trigger condition added, though, you could pretty much implement any of the above.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2017, 03:42:31 am »

Say, E.Albright, our Gurus have been wondering, debating, and bickering about this subject - is Freedom free or imprisoned? And if it's the latter, how does it even work?
Or is that information not available for free?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2017, 05:18:53 am »

Say, E.Albright, our Gurus have been wondering, debating, and bickering about this subject - is Freedom free or imprisoned? And if it's the latter, how does it even work?
Or is that information not available for free?

Simple; Ermor starts with a +15 death gem income, you simply save up for three turns and empower your starting Spectator to D3, allowing it to summon Dusk Elders when necessary.

Or were you talking about the paradox of Freedom being imprisoned? In that case my headcanon is that right as they break free some random ghoul manages to ask 'Who are you?' right before said pretender managed to say 'FREEDOM!' after breaking free.

Glory to United Forenia!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2017, 01:24:12 pm »

It's like, "Yeah, I know Ermor is the manifestation of evil incarnate, and its domain will leave nothing but ashes and bones behind... but there are all these perfectly good independent nations around, which doesn't involve fighting the legions of undeath... and who knows, maybe if I don't do it, someone else will step up to the plate..."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39