No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 47345 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Begun
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2017, 01:36:09 pm »

I can see why some might say Everyone is On Their Own, but the significance of this is diminished as soon as you realize Freedom is Free, Friendship is Available, and Love is in the Heart. I concede that Complications Abound and Implications are Transparent, but this is less straightforward if you consider that while Meaning is Obscure, Clarity remains Hidden and Conclusions are Nowhere to be Found. At the end of the day, however, while I can certainly look upon them with Fond Affection, Talk is Cheap but Truth is unquestionably Censored.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2017, 02:00:42 pm »

Ha! I'm onto you, E.Albright. I've discovered your message hidden in capitalised letters: 'Ieotofffalhicaitmochcnfaifatctc'. It is just as I feared.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2017, 02:39:11 pm »

I decrypted the message:

Dear Respected One,
GREETINGS,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your contact from the International nation directory. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to it’s esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person I can do business with and by the recommendations I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.I am Miss Trustworthy, the only Daughter of late Mr and Mrs Friendship. My father was a very wealthy prince in Ermor,the economic capital of a great empire before he was imprisoned under a 100-ton block of stone by his business associates on one of their outing to discus on a business deal. When my mother died on the 21st October of First Year, my father took me. Before the Imprisoning of my father he secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of DG12.500.000 (Twelve Million, five hundred thousand death gems) left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in ermor, that he used my name as his first Daughter for the next of kin in deposit of the fund.He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth and some huge amount of money his business associates supposed to balance his from the deal they had that he was threatened by his business associates, that I should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, (such as real estate management).
Sir, we are honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways.
1) To provide a Bank vault where these gems would be transferred to.
2) To serve as the guardian of this since I am a girl of 26 years.
Moreover Sir, we are willing to offer you 15% of the sum as compensation for effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your designate account overseas. please feel free to contact me . Anticipating to hear from you soon.Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.

Miss Trustworthy

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2017, 02:45:01 pm »

Lol, Marmaduke. Nice one.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2017, 07:47:28 pm »

Well, that was a thrilling arena match, only two nations sent someone, and both was an indy commander.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

I was going to send one but I need them for troop moving
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2017, 03:16:01 pm »

Research ain't far enough to send a real dude.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »

Il Palazzo, you should be glad to hear that Dom5 takes Skull Talismans and reduces them to a lesser version of Handfuls of Acorns instead of their current low-water-pressure skeleton firehose form.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2017, 02:32:12 am »

Il Palazzo, you should be glad to hear that Dom5 takes Skull Talismans and reduces them to a lesser version of Handfuls of Acorns instead of their current low-water-pressure skeleton firehose form.
I'd probably buy the game if that was the only improvement.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2017, 02:01:43 pm »

To make sure your hopes don't rise too far, Raise Skeleton has been added to Amulet of the Dead (in addition to its current reanimation bonuses) at Const-4. I don't know if the price was changed or if it remains a painfully cheap level 1 Death item. Still, replacing the Const-0 Spalisman with a Const-4 Spamulet is by itself a step in the right direction, even if it'd only be a small one.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2017, 06:16:13 am »

I just managed to get a first border in the last couple of turns; looks like everybody and their undead cousin knows more about the world than I do, on account of their ten thousand scouts. I hereby request the bunch of you to provide me with a full geopolitical picture of the situation. Is Ermor doing its thing? What is the fashion like in Marignon? What is the public mood about climate change in Oceania? etc.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2017, 02:11:23 pm »

Over here in Marignon the current fashion is to forget that undead skeletons are pierce resistant and completely wiff on trying to take an undead province.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2017, 02:52:06 am »

Just emror missing for the current turn.

I found all nations and I "only" use 3 scouts. Hard to justify more cap turns to make more, it sucks that there are no indi-underwater-scouts.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2017, 03:29:21 am »

You use the capital to recruit scouts? But isn't that risky to forego research and gem-searching? How many scouts do you intend to get in the end for a map this size? Is something like 10 reasonable?
Cheers.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2017, 03:34:54 am »

In the first turns, I personally (since i suck), like to focus all gold into troops - plus my decent researchers are super expensive.

And information is very valueable, so a early on investment seems fine in my mind. I would prefer to use indis, of course.

Marignon has very strange armys for Marignon right now... we'll leave it as a suprise for whoever wanders into them.

Btw: Emror is in 173 (The mountain over the right most lake)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:42:34 am by ThtblovesDF »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39