Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 14845 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: Signups, 0/6
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 02:56:14 pm »

Zynox was quiet up until now, but when Wilswon asks his question, he finally speaks up, his voice now loud and booming. "I am no robot. I am all man! This musculature was not built, but crafted by hours upon hours of intense training. When we get our loot, I'm hoping to get a sword or something, but, if not, I'm more than capable of dispatching the lot of you with just my fists."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 04:43:14 pm »

I wasn't expecting this many sign ups to be here by the time I just woke up. Well, let's have a looksy.

I put way too much weird and fun stuff into that table to pass this game up. Reserve.

Name: Vix
Description: A woman in fancy wizard robes and a very silly hat. Long and braided red hair, brown eyes, and mechanized silver teeth. The runes on her robes light up their surroundings with darkness.
Stats:
  • Strength-
  • Dexterity--
  • Agility-
  • Endurance
  • Willpower++
  • Luck++
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Looks fine. You're in.

You seem to be short a card in your starting deck.
Name: Zynox
Description: Zynox is a tall, muscly man with long, dark brown hair. He appears bare-chested, wearing nothing but a pair of ragged pants that cut off just past the knees. There appears to be some kindness in his eyes; is it genuine or some foul trick?
Stats:
  • Strength +
  • Dexterity --
  • Agility
  • Endurance
  • Willpower
  • Luck +
Looks good. You're in.

Name: Felix Valentine
Description: Felix is youthful looking man with moderately long black hair. He wears a navy suit without a tie. It doesn't seem especially expensive, but it is of obviously good quality. He has always been interested in gathering wealth, but is somewhat annoyed at his tendency to stumble into it accidentally.
Stats:
  • Strength -
  • Dexterity
  • Agility
  • Endurance -
  • Willpower
  • Luck ++

Edit: And done.
Looks good.
Short a card in your starter deck.

Name: James Walter Edgeson
Description: James is a tall man, blue eyes, wearing a hooded cloak. Seeing as he was a bit psychopathic to begin with, he doesn't really mind killing people in this game. Especially if he gets loot out of the deal.
Stats:
  • Strength: -
  • Dexterity: -
  • Agility: 0
  • Endurance: 0
  • Willpower: 0
  • Luck: ++
Interesting. Looks good.

Name: Zekoth
Description: Zekoth is a human male. He strikes overly dramatic poses when he speaks, and prefers to speak in monologues. He hates being interrupted.
Stats:
  • Strength: --
  • Dexterity: --
  • Agility: 0
  • Endurance: 0
  • Willpower: ++
  • Luck: ++

Looks good.

this seems like a mighty good time, so it does

Name: Kevin Punchingson
Description: A tremendously tall, muscled beast of a man, with a beautiful blonde mustache, and a head as bald as they come. He wears naught but trousers. Friend to all, except the people he is about to kill for one reason or another.
Stats:
  • Strength++
  • Dexterity--
  • Agility-
  • Endurance++
  • Willpower-
  • Luck 0
Numbers add up, you're good to go.

• Luck --
As stated by OceanSoul, I specifically mentioned that you can't put a - in luck. You're deck is fine, and you'll likely have negative luck most turns with that deck (even if you draw bear, worm, worm, X, and X, that's still -2 luck with your other cards at this stage).

So,
NJW2000, OceanSoul, and NAV I'll put you in the waitlist, pending you fix the small mistakes I pointed out.

Egan, Kadzar, Person, Fallacy, CoolRune, and Blitz That makes six. Let me just get the map ready and draw your starting hands/loot, and we'll get started.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »

Egan_BW
Vix's Hand: Giraffe, Housecat, Eel, Housecat, Rat
(+3 will, +2 agi, +1 str, +1 end, -2 dex)
[Loot (Luck): 4+2=6] A rift opens up and drops a bottle into your hand. The bottle has a worn out lable with a picture of the T1000 wearing a pirate hat on it, and is filled with a silvery liquid. Out the top is sticking a cloth, which has absorbed much of the liquid and is a little charred. Holding it in one hand, you feel a heat coming from your other hand. 

Kadzar
Zynox's Hand: Bear, Lion, Horse, Hog, Bear
(+5 str, +2 end, +1 lck, -1 dex, -2 agi)
[Loot (luck): 1+1+1=3] A small rift deposites a ball in your hands. It's about the size of a rather large head, or a basketball. It has a patern of a skull on it, with a stylized face and a very detailed jaw. It feels heavy, like it's made of metal, which it appears to be. Faint runes appear in the air around it, forming a ring around you.

Person
Felix's Hand: Dog, Housecat, Hog, Bald Eagle, Hog
(+4 lck, +3 end, +2 agi, +1 wll, -1 str, -2 dex, -2 agi)
[Loot (Luck): 4+2+4=10] An especially large rift opens up, and something walks out beside you. It's covered in fur, and vaugly quadrupedal, though it stands up on it's hind haunches when it stops in front of you. It's face is ugly as sin, it's green-ish fur not doing anything to hide it's wrinkles or it's snagly teeth.
Despite this face and odd behavior, you want to say it's vaugly like a Wombat. And though it's face is primarily green, it's fur transitions into reds and oranges reminisent of a fox for the majority of it's coloration. It yaps at you, and before the rift closes, a second, nearly identical creature flops out and promptly falls asleep.

FallacyofUrist
James's Hand: Bald Eagle, Rat, Spider, Eel, Horse
(+2 dex, +2 wll, +2 agi, +2 str, -1 dex, -2 lck)
[Loot (Luck): 6+2-2=6] The object that is dropped into your lap from a rift is a potted plant. The leaves sprouting from the pot are cool to the touch, and a vine sprouts from among them. The top of the vine has something alive moving, opening and closing it's maw, breathing out a chilly breath. But you can't look straight at it.
You feel like looking straight at the plant's head would cause your brain to explode or something. Still, you get the impression that it is formless, spread out to infinite, and something that just needs love? No, that can't be right...

Coolrune206
Zekoth's Hand: Eel, Hog, Horse, Giraffe, Horse
(+3 str, +2 wll, +1 agi, -1 end)
[Loot (Luck): 1+2=3] A very large rift opens up underneath you, and something rises up out of it to catch you. It's so large that it doesn't fully exit the rift until you leave the building. You are now on the back of a dark, dull colored elepahnt, it's back draped with purple and black and burgundy blankets. Baskets are hung off it's side, and it speaks, "Consequences for Sale!".

BlitzDungeoneer
Kevin's Hand: Horse, Lion, Lion, Horse, Ape
(+7 str, +2 agi, -2 end, -1 dex, -1 wll)
[Loot (Luck): 4=4] You recieve a small radio and a train conductor's hat. Putting on the hat, you instinctively know that if you call on the radio, you can call a train to your location with an army in it.

Everyone
The building lurches to a stop, and a clear voice in an alien tounge speaks. You know that it is a name, and the person who's name it is steps out and finds themselves on the battlefield. The building resumes, only to stop a short distance away, and the voice speaks another name.
This repeats until six have left the building, and the building walks away.
Those who have left the building find themselves on a rather large island, with high walls along the edges. Above smaller islands can be seen, and on the island you find yourself, is a forest. You are each in a clearing next to the walls, where two walls meet to form a corner.

Statuses
Spoiler: Egan BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadzar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)

Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So as a reminder, the hand you have right now is the one you'll have until the end of next turn.
The Cyan Menace

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 06:39:24 pm »

...Weird. Anyway, fixed the char sheet; additional card is the Horse.
Spoiler: Wilswon Strouti (click to show/hide)
[/quote][/spoiler]Since I still had a "reserve" before I made my char sheet, shouldn't I still be in the starting 6 players? Besides, it was such a small mistake, anyway.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: The game has begun!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »

(("Can summon army." Oh what the heck.))

James Walter Edgeson:

"... hey! HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME!"

Do a dance. Attract everybody's attention to me(and hence, because I'm holding it, the plant). Laugh as head explosions occur.

Edit: ((Eh, if people can summon armies, deaths shouldn't be too far behind.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »

Remain mounted on my elephant. Request it walk towards the center.

"So, you can speak...?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 06:50:55 pm »

...Weird. Anyway, fixed the char sheet; additional card is the Horse.
Since I still had a "reserve" before I made my char sheet, shouldn't I still be in the starting 6 players? Besides, it was such a small mistake, anyway.
Some people treat reserves one way, some treat them another way. Everyone had their sheets by the time I saw them, so I just went with the ones that were ready.
Edit: ((Eh, if people can summon armies, deaths shouldn't be too far behind.))
Yup, this is part of my reasoning.
The Cyan Menace

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 06:52:07 pm »

Call the radio to summon the army. There isn't exactly much else to do with the damn thing. Then, if I can, throw myself at Vix and TEAR HIM APART WITH MY BARE HANDS.

"MY POWER IS MAXIMUM!"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 06:56:03 pm »

Surprised nobody mentioned how eye-searing that palette is.
The Cyan Menace

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 08:07:24 pm »

((Eh, I like eye-searing colors. I mean, my bedroom is painted bright yellow. Seriously.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 08:26:50 pm »

"You know. I honestly thought that we could work this out without violence."

Hold the bottle in my right hand and use my left hand to throw five lit molotovs into the forest between me and BD. Really believe that I can do this. If it doesn't work, just kite him.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 09:35:52 pm »

IIIIINNNNN!

Reading OP...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 09:45:38 pm »

Name: Ninja
Description: Ninja
Stats:
  • Strength --
  • Dexterity
  • Agility
  • Endurance
  • Willpower +
  • Luck +
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:47:52 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 10:04:01 pm »

Zynox will run toward Felix and try to bash his head in with the metal ball.
"All who challenge my might will face a swift and brutal end!"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:07:51 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 11:12:33 pm »

Shert is fixed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8