Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 14987 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: Signups, 0/6
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 03:30:40 am »

Name: Connor "Trinkets" McGee
Description: Connor, or "Trinkets", as most people call him, is a hoarder of shiny, interesting and valuable objects. And all other objects as well, truth be told. He isn't very discerning. A scruffy, short man in stained and patched overalls, with a slightly rabid glare in his eyes.
Stats:
  • Strength --
  • Dexterity +
  • Agility +
  • Endurance
  • Willpower --
  • Luck ++
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Fixed
Fixed
One wheel short of a wagon

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: The game has begun!
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2017, 04:32:57 am »

"You don't look all that mighty from over here! Sick em boys!"

Order the creature to charge Zynox. Wake up the other creature and tell it to guard me. Focus on avoiding attacks for now, but stay near my pets.

(How identical is nearly identical? Any obvious differences?)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:24:59 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 10:39:17 pm »

James Walter Edgeson:

"... hey! HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME!"

Do a dance. Attract everybody's attention to me(and hence, because I'm holding it, the plant). Laugh as head explosions occur.
[Dance (Agility): 2+2=4]James does a tap dancing routine, where he holds out his plant and draws attention to it. The sounds of tapping and the noise ofJames' shouting are heard by the closest competitors.
[Zekoth Defense (Will): 2+2+2=6]
[Felix Defense (Will): 5+1=6]
They are both able to ignore the sounds, and not look at the plant. There were lots of trees blocking their view anyways.

Remain mounted on my elephant. Request it walk towards the center.

"So, you can speak...?"
"Is there someone on my back?" The elephant lifts it's trunk to feel Zekoth's face. "Ah, yes, there is. Yes, I can speak. Well, you must be the cause for my arival here, and for every action there is consequence."
The elephant moves towards the pond in the center of the forest. Zekoth can hear someone tap dancing and calling for attention to the right, but the forest is dense enough you can't see them well.

Call the radio to summon the army. There isn't exactly much else to do with the damn thing. Then, if I can, throw myself at Vix and TEAR HIM APART WITH MY BARE HANDS.

"MY POWER IS MAXIMUM!"
"You know. I honestly thought that we could work this out without violence."

Hold the bottle in my right hand and use my left hand to throw five lit molotovs into the forest between me and BD. Really believe that I can do this. If it doesn't work, just kite him.
[Kevin Initiative (Agility): 4-1+2=5]
[Vix Initiative (Agility): 6-1+2=7]
[Vix Attack (Willpower): 6+2+3=11]
[Kevin Dodge (Agility): 4-1+2=5]
Vix holds up her left hand, and from it flares a fireball in the shape of a bearded man's head; by flinging the fireball into the forest, it bounces between the trees. He follows up with four more fireballs the same.
Kevin sees the flames bouncing in his direction, and is lucky that three of them start a... shouting match?... in Mongolian, and destroy eachother. But two keep coming, and he throws himself into the dirt to dodge.
[Kevin Endurance (End): 6+2-2=6] The first fireball consumes Kevin's conductor's cap. The other burns his left arm to a stump.
[Kevin Radio (Auto): Auto succeed] Kevin radios a train to his location, and a large rift opens up. A train plows through the rift, uprooting a few trees in it's way, and into another rift; the rifts close while a passenger car is between them, depositing it on the ground. A door opens, and from the train car steps the man, the myth, the legend, the one-man-army, Texas Ranger Chuck Norris.
Well, it's not the army you were expecting, but the aura of awesome and strength he gives off is reasuring. Kevin is not sure whether or not he can call another train with his radio, without his conductor's cap telling him what it does, but he's got Chuck now. He stands up, and runs towards Vix, and Chuck follows.

Zynox will run toward Felix and try to bash his head in with the metal ball.
"All who challenge my might will face a swift and brutal end!"
"You don't look all that mighty from over here! Sick em boys!"

Order the creature to charge Zynox. Wake up the other creature and tell it to guard me. Focus on avoiding attacks for now, but stay near my pets.

(How identical is nearly identical? Any obvious differences?)
(The sleeping creature is a bit fatter, and has a slightly different pattern in it's fur, but it's pretty much the same)
[Zynox Initiative (agility): 5-2=3]
[Felix Initiative (agility): 6-2=4]
[Womsunorc#1 Initiative (agility): 5-2=3]
[Womsunorc#1 Attack (Strength): 1+3=4 vs Zynox Attack (Strength): 2+1+5=8]
[Womsunorc#1 Defense (Defense): 3+-3=6]
Felix orders his creature to attack Zynox, waking up the second one which grumbles. The first creature eagerly runs into the woods where it finds Zynox charging as well. They meet head on, the creature trying to tackle Zynox, Zynox trying to smash it's head in with his ball. The creature is just a bit smaller than Zynox, and he bashes down on it's thick hide with his ball. The circle around him moves slightly to include the creature in it's radius, but when he steps up and back from it's unconsious but mostly undamaged form, it draws back again.
If the circle protects from anything, it doesn't seem to be blunt damage. But this creature has a pretty touch hide. The one still near Felix whines in alarm, hearing it's fellow being brutally attacked.

New Hands
Egan BW Housecat, Giraffe, Housecat, Eel, Eel
(+3 agi, +2 wll, +2 str, -2 dex)
Kadzar Lion, Bear, Lion, Bear, Horse
(+7 str, +1 end, -1 agi, -2 dex)
Person Chimpanzee, Housecat, Bald Eagle, Hog, Worm
(+2 lck, +2 wll, +2 end, -1 dex, -1 str, gain card instead of loot this turn)
FallacyofUrist Crow, Hog, Spider, Giraffe, Cimpanzee
(+4 dex, +4 wll, -1 str, -2 agi)
Coolrune206 Hog, Worm, Horse, Horse, Eel
(+3 str, +2 agi -1 end, gain card instead of loot this turn)
BlitzDungeoneer Lion, Bear, Ape, Dog, Horse
(+4 str, +1 agi, +1 lck, -1 wll)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

ATHATH, you've been added to waitlist, NAV and NJW you are in the list too now.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:29:15 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 11:00:05 pm »

"There is more to strength than having big muscles, Kevin. Take you and your bearded tryhard out of my sight or I'll incinerate you."

More fireballs! Try to make it so that they smash into each other with Kevin and chuck in the middle, this time.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 11:06:49 pm »

"Quit hiding behind your beasts and fight me, you coward!"
Zynox advances towards Felix, swinging the ball back and forth in his arms in preparation for more head bashing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 02:24:28 am »

"Blow it outta your ass, you wannabe wiseman!"

Punch Vix in the throat, hope that Chuck Norris follows my lead and hits him too.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 05:09:52 am »

Wow 7 strength bonus is a lot. Can't do damage here unless I roll a 6 here and he rolls a one. No wait that ties. Wew, good strat Kadzar. Perhaps I should have done a bit more math. Ah well.

"On second thought, run awayyy!"

Head towards FallacyofUrirst instead, have my beasts follow me. If any reach of us reach, do a melee attack.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:12:11 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 06:12:41 am »

Wow 7 strength bonus is a lot. Can't do damage here unless I roll a 6 here and he rolls a one. No wait that ties. Wew, good strat Kadzar. Perhaps I should have done a bit more math. Ah well.
Not all attacks will be Str v Str confrontations. Generally just ones where initiative is a tie.
The Cyan Menace

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 06:41:24 am »

"Every action has consequence? That's true. But judging by the way you speak of it, I'd assume you're rather interested in consequence."

Continue towards the center. If I reach the water, have the elephant wade in, and offer it the chance to drink its fill.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 05:36:26 pm »

Block against the incoming attack by waving my plant in front of the attackers.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 12:01:04 am »

Was not feeling well yesterday. Let's just say, bathroom issues, didn't have enough time between trips to write a full scentence. Feeling better now, processing turn.

The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 01:12:57 am »

"There is more to strength than having big muscles, Kevin. Take you and your bearded tryhard out of my sight or I'll incinerate you."

More fireballs! Try to make it so that they smash into each other with Kevin and chuck in the middle, this time.
"Blow it outta your ass, you wannabe wiseman!"

Punch Vix in the throat, hope that Chuck Norris follows my lead and hits him too.
[Vix Initiative (Agility) vs Kevin Initiative (Agility) vs Chuck Initiative (Auto): 2-1+3=4 vs 4-1+-1=4 vs 8)
Chuck Norris once beat the Flash in a race. He reaches Vix while she's charging her first fireball.
[Chuck Strength (Auto) vs Vix Dodge (Agility): 8 vs 4-1+3=6] [Vix Defence (Endurance): 5]
Chuck Norris doesn't make a fist, he punches Vix in the head with his pinky finger. Lucky for Vix, Chuck Norris's fingers, from strongest to weakest, are middle, index, thumb, ring, and lastly pinky. She is flicked into a tree, and has the wind knocked from her, but she survives. She is also knocked a bit further from Kevin, so she throws her fireball that she was charging.
[Vix Attack (Will) vs Kevin Dodge (Agility)4+2+2=8 vs 5-1+1=5] [Kevin Defense (Endurance): 5+2=7]
Kevin is superficially burned. In a panic, he drops his radio, but he continues his own rush to punch Vix in the face.
[Kevin Attack (Strength) vs Vix Dodge (Agility): 3+2+4=9 vs 5-1+3=7] [Vix Defense (Endurance): 3]
Kevin punches Vix in the right arm, against the tree. She also drops her looted item on the ground, where it rolls right next to Kevin's radio. She gasps in shock and pain, as her arm is almost crushed.
"Quit hiding behind your beasts and fight me, you coward!"
Zynox advances towards Felix, swinging the ball back and forth in his arms in preparation for more head bashing.
"On second thought, run awayyy!"

Head towards FallacyofUrirst instead, have my beasts follow me. If any reach of us reach, do a melee attack.
Block against the incoming attack by waving my plant in front of the attackers.
[Zynox Initiative (Agility) vs Felix Initiative (Agility) vs James Initiative (Agility): 3-1=2 vs 5 vs 4-2=2]
[Womsunorc#2 Initiative (Agility) and Womsunorc#1 Initiative (Auto): 1-2=-1 and 1]
Felix turns tail and run, urging his creatures to follow. Well, the one is still in the woods with Zynox, and doesn't move. The other is more worried about it's almost-twin than following orders. Still, Felix heads towards James's location to get away from Zynox.
Zynox arrives at the place where Felix was, and where his second creature still is. He preps his attack when the creature squeals in fear and a rift opens, depositing a third such creature (which if you looked closely, it would be a female where as the first two were male).
[Womsunorc#3 Initiative (Agility): 6-2=4]
[Womsunorc#3 Attack (Strength) vs Zynox Defense (Endurance): 1+3=4 vs 1+1=2]
The creature jumps on Zynox and starts climbing, pulling Zynox onto the ground. He's still got his hands free as the creature is about the size of a really chubby fox, though so he counter attacks by trying to pummel the one still on the ground cowering.
[Zynox Attack (Strength) vs Womxunorc#2 Defense (Endurance): 3+1+7=11 vs 2+3=5]
The second creature, the one which had slept, is turned to a fine paste as Zynox brings his ball down on top of it. The unconsious one in the woods stirs, and the one on his back makes plantive noises.
[James Dance (Agility) vs Felix Defense (Will): 2-2=0 vs 1+2=3]
Felix manages to continue not looking at James's plant.
NPC killed Zynox may add a new card (not a boss card) to his deck. He doesn't gain loot, though, it was just an NPC.
((Yes, that is part of how Felix's loot works. It's not quite self-replication, but it summons more of itself. What did you expect from Luck 10?))
"Every action has consequence? That's true. But judging by the way you speak of it, I'd assume you're rather interested in consequence."

Continue towards the center. If I reach the water, have the elephant wade in, and offer it the chance to drink its fill.
"Yes, I am interested in consequence and determining what it will be from the action that brought it about. I don't recognize this place, but from where I come from, I make a living selling consequences, changing the outcomes of things yet to be."
The elephant gladly wades into the water and starts scooping up trunkfulls of it.
"Refreshing. Ah, the catch is, you have to know what action will be taken, or the consequence won't take hold, and I still keep my profits. So do you have something to barter for consequences? I guess you brought me here, and that's worth a little."

New Hands
Egan BW Viper, Giraffe, Eel, Rat, Viper
(+3 end, +2 agi, +1 str, +1 wll, -2 lck)
Kadzar Worm, Horse, Worm, Lion, Housecat
(+3 str, +2 agi, +1 luck, -1 end, -2 dex, 2 cards instead of loot)
Person Dog, Housecat, Worm, Worm, Dog
(+3 lck, +3 agi, -2 str, -1 dex, 2 cards instead of loot)
FallacyofUrist Horse, Dog, Rat, Crow, Ape
(+2 agi, +2 dex, +1 wll, +1 str, -1 luck)
Coolrune206 Giraffe, Hog, Worm, Horse, Eel
(+2 wll, +2 str, Card instead of loot)
BlitzDungeoneer Dog, Spider, Ape, Lion, Lion
(+4 str, +1 Dex, +1 lck, +1 agi, -1 wll, -1 end)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:30:24 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 01:24:10 am »

"Fuck you Chuck, you're not a god. You're a mediocre american actor, who never did something actually strenuous in his life."

Fuck your meme magic. I disbelieve it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: God of Memes or Mediocre Actor?
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 01:29:29 am »

And now I have a new thread subtitle. Thanks Egan :)
The Cyan Menace

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: God of Memes or Mediocre Actor?
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 01:32:08 am »

You should probably change your sig, flabby. It says you're not running a game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8