Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 15052 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: God of Memes or Mediocre Actor?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2017, 06:23:57 am »

(From the S.S. Waitlist)

"'Chuck Norris was ze Man, ze Myth, and ze Legend; However, onze, the Myth grew zoo big, and wipe out ze Legend from ze univerze, and left Man to retire from epicnezz and bazk in reality'. Book of Norriz, Glory 4:19. What I'm trying to say, iz, not as true norriz. Iz cognative verzion of him by public. He needz either heavy dosez of reality, or 'who would win' scenarioz to be beaten. Good luck, looterz!

On a serious note, how does having 2 or more worms at once work? Do 2 cards get generated from one roll, resucing the relative luck of each, or do they each get a separate roll to generate?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2017, 07:39:53 am »

Run back to Zynox and tackle him to the ground to aid the womsunorc that's eating him. Try to wake up the unconcious one(wso1) with my voice when I get there.

"C'mon boy, you can get up! Attack that guy with the ball!"

Suddenly I regret adding 2 worms to my deck. More than 1 in 8 chance I can't get loot on any given turn. Ah well, the ratio will skew as I kill more people and collect more cards. Besides, it'll definitely make things more interesting.

Edit: Oh. Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:21:03 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2017, 08:11:41 am »

(From the S.S. Waitlist)

On a serious note, how does having 2 or more worms at once work? Do 2 cards get generated from one roll, resucing the relative luck of each, or do they each get a separate roll to generate?
The latter. Two seperate rolls.

And yeah, I had designed Worms as a gamble; the other cards have a +1 sum average, Worms don't.

Oh, if I add cards to lists avalible to everyone (eg, starting list or kill-reward list, but not boss-list or worm-list), Ill give people the opportunity to change one or two cards in thier deck. Waitlisters are free to change them at any time if they let me know of the change.

person Might want to have a look at the map. womsunorc#1 (short for wombat-kitsune-orc, hereby wso) is the one kadzar knock out and is on the opposite side of him from you. Also, a turn's distance from him. Wso2 was the one originally sleeping, and is now a fine paste. wso3 appeared this turn and is climbing on Kadzar's back. Which one did you want to wake?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:41 am »

((Freaking Chuck Norris.))

Do the look at me dance again! Person(or whoever his character is) will look at my plant!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2017, 12:51:49 pm »

I get to pick any non-boss card? If so, I choose to add The Pegasus to my deck. And Zynox will ignore the womsunorc and smash Felix's head in with his ball.
"Ha, your pets are nothing but a nuisance to me, and it shows how weak you are that you need to outnumber me to take me on."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »

Take Vix's loot off the ground, then punch him IN THE THROAT. Hope Chuck follows my lead.

"You're just a desperate guy, trying anything you can to not die."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2017, 07:04:43 pm »

Just missing Coolrune for this turn. I like how you guys are consistently getting your actions in within 24 hours, it's nice.
The Cyan Menace

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2017, 07:56:09 pm »

"If I asked you to change the fates of a simple, unspecific action, would that be possible?

Say, for example, if I said 'Make the consequence of me attacking a human be that the human I am attacking would die'? Or would I rather have to say 'Make it so that if I were to attack a human female in a forest clearing with a knife, the knife would sever her head from her body'? What level of specificity would I need?"

Dismount and test the depth of the water. If it's wading height, then feel around in the water for aquatic life; is the lake entirely dead? Or is it occupied by alien life, or more earthly life?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 10:42:28 pm »

I like how everyone else is desperately trying to kill each other, meanwhile Zekoth is just chilling out at a pool having a philosophical discussion with a talking elephant.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »

I would dearly love to do the same, but instead I'm fighting this jerk who attacked me as his first action.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2017, 01:32:07 am »

I just realized I made a mistake with a character's gender, so I switched their pronouns in the previous turns and fixed it in the turn I'm processing. Players, let me know if this happens again.

Also, this turn has our first player death. Sorry to the loser, congrats to the victor. Rolling up gained loot now.
The Cyan Menace

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2017, 02:28:17 am »

I would dearly love to do the same, but instead I'm fighting this jerk who attacked me as his first action.
Violence and bloodshed are vital parts of a healthy man's diet.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2017, 03:18:06 am »

((And I just realized I made a gender mistake in previous turns. Well, I'll fix later))
"Fuck you Chuck, you're not a god. You're a mediocre american actor, who never did something actually strenuous in his life."

Fuck your meme magic. I disbelieve it.
Take Vix's loot off the ground, then punch him IN THE THROAT. Hope Chuck follows my lead.

"You're just a desperate guy, trying anything you can to not die."
[Vix Disbelief (Will) vs Chuck Meme (Auto): 6+2+1=9 vs 8] [Meme Status VIII reduced to Global Bonus III]
[Vix Initiative (Agility) vs Kevin Initiative (Agility) vs Chuck Initiative (Agility): 2-1+2=3 vs 6-1+1=6 vs 4+-3=7]
In the eyes of Vix, Chuck Norris seems to flicker a little. Some dust blows through the air, getting in Chuck's eye, and a tear wells out. Chuck wipes his eye in shock, then enraged, tries to roundhouse kick Vix.
[Chuck Attack (Strength) vs Vix Dodge (Agility): 5+3=8 vs 6-1+2=7] [Vix Defense (Endurance): 2+3=5]
Chuck doesn't manage to get his leg all the way up for a proper roundhouse. Instead his foot hits Vix's legs, sweeping her footing from underneath her.
Kevin meanwhile picks up the dropped bottle and his own dropped radio. He feels his hand heat up while holding the bottle in his other hand, so he stows his radio in his trousers.
[Kevin Attack (Strength) vs Vix Dodge (Agility): 5+2+4=11 vs 4-1+2=5] [Vix Defense (Endurance): 1+3=4]
Kevin punches down, at Vix's throat. The superheated fist meets Vix's face, bruising the meat and breaking her jaw, nose, and her topmost vertebrea. Vix coughs in shock, eyes wide, a bit of blood shooting from her mouth, before her lungs are paralyzed. She tries to breath, but can't with blood pooling in her nose and mouth. She passes quickly after that.

Vix (played by Egan BW) is dead
[Kevin Loot (Luck): 2+1=3]
A Rift opens up and a baby crawls out of it. It's wearing small baby-sized gauntlents on it's hands, which cover the hands completely and resemble the barrel of a weapon, except the front of the barrel is a red crystal lense. There are also bayonettes on the barrels, though they are very blunt and have cartoon fuses on the ends.
Blitzdungeoneer, you may choose any one non-boss card to add to your deck.
Run back to Zynox and tackle him to the ground to aid the womsunorc that's eating him. Try to wake up the unconcious one(wso1) with my voice when I get there.

"C'mon boy, you can get up! Attack that guy with the ball!"
I get to pick any non-boss card? If so, I choose to add The Pegasus to my deck. And Zynox will ignore the womsunorc and smash Felix's head in with his ball.
"Ha, your pets are nothing but a nuisance to me, and it shows how weak you are that you need to outnumber me to take me on."
Do the look at me dance again! Person(or whoever his character is) will look at my plant!
[Felix Initiative (Agility) vs Zynox Initiative (Agility) vs James Initiative (Agility): 4+3=7 vs 4+2=6 vs 1+2=3]
[Womsunorc#1 Initiative (Agility) and Womsunorc#3 Initiative (Agility): 5-2=3 and 5-2=3]
[Felix Tackle (Strength) and Womsunorc#3 Pin (Strength) vs Zynox Struggle (Strength): 4-1-2=1 and 6+3=9 vs 1+1+3=5]
Felix turns around rather than stick with the guy with the potted plant, and runs back to Zynox. Zynox is trying to stand up from under Felix's fat wombat-ish creature, but failing to do so. To weight him down more, Felix jumps on his back, and slides right off.
The other remaining creature, waking up, hears it's master shouting as he throws himself onto his enemy, and shakes itself off, before running as fast as it can to it's master's aid, but isn't quite fast enough to stop Zynox from trying to attack Felix.
[Zynox Attack (Strength) vs Felix Dodge (Agility): 1+1+3-2=3 vs 1+3=4]
Zynox lifts his Tungsten Basketball up with one hand, and smashes it down where Felix is... but Felix rolls out of the way, feeling the wind from the strike blow on his back.
[James Dance (Agility): 6+-2=8]
[Zynox, Felix, WSO1, WSO2 Ignorance (Will): 2 and 2 and 4-1=3 and 5-1=4]
[Damage (Auto): Auto succeed, Auto succeed, Auto fail, Auto fail]
James dances his way over to where the struggly is taking place, shouting and tapping and making as much noise as possible. It's finally enough to annoy Felix, and he and Zynox look up to tell him to shut up.
Neither of them can comprehend what they see. It is James, it is a fetus, it is themselves, it is the ground, the sky, it is their home, it is war, peace, rape, and tenderness, it is something that just needs to be loved. Felix's creatures see it too, but all they see are a plant with teeth - they are too simple to comprehend any part of it.
They both cry out, and if they hadn't both already been lying on the ground, they would have fallen to their knees, then to their faces. As it is, their noses start to bleed, and they hear voices sobbing and crying and a few screaming. They are too occupied with holding onto their noggins to realize that the voices that are screaming are themselves.
"If I asked you to change the fates of a simple, unspecific action, would that be possible?

Say, for example, if I said 'Make the consequence of me attacking a human be that the human I am attacking would die'? Or would I rather have to say 'Make it so that if I were to attack a human female in a forest clearing with a knife, the knife would sever her head from her body'? What level of specificity would I need?"

Dismount and test the depth of the water. If it's wading height, then feel around in the water for aquatic life; is the lake entirely dead? Or is it occupied by alien life, or more earthly life?
"Well, that is a likely consequence, but a very broad cause. Even your second cause and consequence are more general than my usual fare. But of course, I deal in consequences of all types, and I could sell you either of those."
You climb down a blanket on the elephant's side and into the water. The water comes up to your neck here near but not quite at the edge, and is very cold as pond water tends to be. You can feel some squishy water plants with your toes, though the plants are orange much like the grass, and make your feet feel very tingly. It's the worst pins and needles you've felt in your life.
You also see something darting about in the water, a tiny thing, no bigger than one of your fingernails. The water is murky enough that you can't see it precisely, but you get the idea that it's this world's version of a minnow.
The elephant continues, "Typically, I make sales along the lines of 'When I'm in the woods at the old spralm tree with my initials carved into it talking with the girl I like with red hair and I ask if she would like dinner with me the next weekend, she will say yes.' This is doable, but like all sales of consequence, the customer must then ensure his cause happens. Such a specific consequence would cost the customer... well, I made that sale about 50 years ago, so let me remember what I charged that young man... Oh, yes, he had to wash me and my blankets down with a toothbrush. I think it worked out for him, and he got married to that girl later"
Turning his head to look at you, the elephant remarks, "I don't think you could afford the first one you said. An attack could be anything, I would have to sell you so much consequence to make that happen that I would have to recieve your immortal soul and the souls of 99 others. If I narrowed down the second request of yours to this forest, I could do it for your voice, left arm, and the trip here."

Wilswon S. Strouti (Played by OceanSoul) has been dropped off in the southwest
[Wilson Loot (Luck): 6+2+2=10]
Before Wilswon exits the walking building, a rift opens and gives him a steel scepter. The scepter is entwined with two obsidian hooded snakes, angular in design, which move and hiss on their own. They seem to be made up of large overlapping chunks, letting them slither around the scepter. The scepter is fitted with a red cresent-moon shaped gem at the top, which resembles a double-sided axe. The gem is warm to the touch, but the steel is cool.

New Hands
Kadzar Pegasus, Housecat, Worm, Bear, Lion
(+3 Str, +1 End, +1 Agi, +1 Lck, -2 Dex, magical flight)
(GM's note: Lucky, got the new card first turn you had it)
Person Bald Eagle, Chimpanzee, Hog, Housecat, Hog
(+3 End, +3 Lck, +2 Wll, -1 Str, -1 Agi, -1 Dex)
FallacyofUrist Crow, Hog, Spider, Housecat, Bear
(+3 Dex, +2 Wll, +1 End, -1 Agi)
Coolrune206 Hog, Hog, Giraffe, Eel, Worm
(+2 End, +2 Wll, +1 Lck, +1 Str, -2 Agi)
BlitzDungeoneer Horse, Chimpanzee, Bear, Worm, Bear
(+2 Str, +1 Wll, +1 Dex, +1 End, -1 Agi, Card instead of Loot)
OceanSoul Bear, Chimpanzee, Dog, Dog, Horse
(+2 Lck, +2 Agi, +1 Wll, +1 End, -1 Str)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2017, 04:03:53 am »

(Wow. Memetic status is an actual part of the mechanics? And disbelief can be enough to dispel it? Wow. I guess that would also mean that belief in it, as well as acting upon that belief, would bring memehood back. So BlitzDungeoneer, you may want to recite miscellaneous Chuck Norris memes to bring his full power back. For example, "When the Hulk is extremely angry, he turns into Chuck Norris".)

Zo, caduzeuz pluz znakes, alzo with axe gem. Hey, at leazt not Axe deodorant, Ahhah. Hey, zou over zere with the poor agility, yet great endurance, almozt like Ziberian bear! You can be a good test target, and you zill devnitly zurvive well. Here goez!".

Hear over toward the pond in the forest, and attempt to cast some sort of spell on Coolrune. Also, would the red axe gem would be good in melee?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2017, 06:40:33 am »

((I'm gonna choose The Cerberus if I can.))

"Chuck, don't let her get you down. She's dead, and you're very much not. You don't swim, water just wants to be around you. Your fists make the speed of light wish it was faster. You got this."

Attempt to resurrect a dead meme, and examine the baby a bit more closely because seriously what the fuck why is a baby available as loot.

((kevin and chuck will have to raise the baby as their own))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8