Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 14836 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: Let the Loot do all the Work?
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2017, 02:16:22 pm »

"A baby to surpass Metal Gear..."

See if the baby can be directed to blast specific things.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

"Excellent."

Yeah, let the plant do all the work. Unless someone attacks me, in which case they will be grabbed and have their head pointed at the plant. Carry the plant anywhere it needs to go.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2017, 04:12:59 am »

Just double checking that nothing has been edited since last time I checked...
Kind of nauseous due to irregular sleep schedules and other things. For example, it is currently 3:10 AM, and I just ate "lunch". Hence my not updating when all the actions were in yesterday.

I'm trying to bang out the update right now, but I've also got other things on my mind, so if I don't get it done quickly it may take some time.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2017, 05:55:38 am »

Zynox will fly off to the north, moving low to the ground to try to scrape the wonsumorc off of him, either against the ground or maybe by smacking it against a tree.
"Let go of me, you creepy goblin!"
Now things are really getting interesting. (Man I really picked a lot of cards that make me useless at punching things. Definitely have to fix that at some point.)

If Zynox escapes have the womsunorc let go of him. Then, have them attack James instead. If he doesn't escape, have them finish him off. Meanwhile, focus on defending myself and regaining my sanity.
"Excellent."

Yeah, let the plant do all the work. Unless someone attacks me, in which case they will be grabbed and have their head pointed at the plant. Carry the plant anywhere it needs to go.
[Zynox Initiative (Agiliy) vs Felix Initiative (Agility) vs James Initiative (Agility): 6-3+1=4 vs 2-1+2=3 vs 5+2=7]
[PSI ROCKINγ vs Felix Defense (Will+End) and Womsunorc#3 Defense (Will+End): 5+6=11 vs 2-1-1+1=1 and 1+3-1=3]
Between the psychic blast moments earlier, and the magical flight Zynox is maintaining, he manages to be far enough away from James's strange plant to be just outside of range of it's second psycokinetic attack. Felix and the nearby womsunorc don't have that luxury.
The second blast has more power than the first, tearing grass from dirt physically and bombarding the weakened minds of it's victims. The bark of the purple leaved trees is stripped away, and the trees twist to protect themselves. Felix feels a moment of terror, a moment of comprehension, and then nothing more as his head actually exploads.
Likewise, Felix's closest pet is slain, and it cries out before it is turned into bloody chunks. The final remaining one picks up on the sounds made by it's master and sister as they die a short ways away, and lets go of Zynox's arm as he's trying to rub it onto a tree. It cries plantifly, and summons another of it's species to it's location. But with no more master, it is now aimless, and it and it's new companion both decide to snuggle together and bed down in the tree where Zynox left them.
Felix Valentine (Played by Person) is dead. Womsunorc#3 is dead. FallacyOfUrist may add two non-boss cards to their hand.
[James Loot (Luck): 6+2-1=7]
A wooden spoon drops into James's hand. On the spoon is painted a cat's face, and along the handle are words scratched in. Like spells? Yes, three lines of words, forming three spells. The words are nonsense, but the spoon is cold to the touch.

"Hmmm. Suppose I traded the action of bringing you here for one consequence; when the man in the fog attempts to use a spell against me with the intent to harm me in some way, he will instead find the spell's effect targeting him. Would that be a good enough trade?"

Let Mr. Fog Man come to us.
"Inzent to harm? Hah! You heard what I zaid, did you not? You drew into great enduranze, but poor Dezderity. Whatever I cazt, it would hit, and zo I would understand zeh spell, and zou would bear little harm, if at all! I do not know if zou heard this in ze transport, but I am Wilswon S. Strouti, a man who delights in Looter'z Delight! Now, if you do buy zis consequenze, somehow, I zuggest the conzitional that you did no harm to me prior. Now, looted merchant elaphant, perhaps I could buy a conzequence? In exchange for protecting him, whoze death would remove you from this arena full of buyers, I can get the consequence that, if I cazt a spell I allready know, I learn a zpell zat I do not know. Zimple, time zaving, and it makes me more effective at doing ze price! Ze Win win! If thiz all is unclear to either of youze, I requezt an alliance! Do you agree?"

Step out of the fog, and shake the potential ally's hand, if he is willing to, as acceptance of alliance.
The elephant brings up it's trunk to it's face, and tilts it's head, pondering. "While I think you get the better end of that deal... I suppose you're short on time, and we don't have the luxury of haggling should those events come to pass. Deal."
The elephant raises it's trunk to a basket on it's side, and lifts out a paper and a quill. "Standard contract, I'll just fill out the details. The undersigned..." The elephant mumbles to itself, balancing the parchement on it's trunk to write in the consequences agreed upon, the actions which would lead to them, and the price. He then crosses out a section, saying "since the price was fulfilled before the contract's conception, I need to rewrite section nine. This won't take long."
Wilswon, meanwhile, reaches the water's edge, where he's in plain view of Zekoth and the elephant. "Hmm," the elephant remarks. "The odd speaking man's suggestion to add a condition that you've done no harm to him first would make my magic work that much easier. I'll add that conditional, but add a condition on top of that, so that if the affected individual should cause harm to the undersigned through unforseen methods first, it nulls and voids the first conditional suggested by the affected. There. Sign, please," the elephant says while passing the contract up to Zekoth.
The elephant than addresses Wilswon directly. "So, you are saying, so long as you both shall live, you swear to uphold a vow of protection, putting his life before yours, and in exchange you mearly wish to know the spells your scepter is capable of? For your offered life, I could just divine the spells and tell you, and when you next cast a spell without the intent to harm, you would cast it at full strength." The elephant picks another piece of paper from it's baskets and starts writing the details of the second contract.

Zekoth now has the option of accepting Wilswon's treaty, and he has the parchment which would turn Wilswon's spell back upon him if it were aimed at Zekoth with intent to harm, waiting to be signed to activate it's magic.
"A baby to surpass Metal Gear..."

See if the baby can be directed to blast specific things.
[Aim Baby (Dexterity): 6-2+2=6]
By holding the baby by it's armpits, which is a bit uncomfortable and causes the baby to start fussing quietly, Kevin aims the baby's wrists and wiggles them, causing another burst of lasers to come shooting out, causing explosions at their target points. It's certainly not a high rate of fire when a baby is the firing mechanism, and it's making actor Chuck nervous whenever one of the baby's limp elbows causes the gauntlents to point vaguely in his direction, but with a little practive, you manage to clear a significant chunk of forest.

Unlucky Yarjuax (Played by NAV) has been dropped off in the north east.
[Unlucky Loot (Luck): 3-5=-2]
A rift opens, and out pours a golden red goop flecked with green strands of algea. It covers Yarjuax's head, and some gets in her mouth. It's very sweet, but scentless. Actually, now that she's tasted this stuff, everything is scentless.
The syrup continues to pour, soaking through her hat, her shirt, and her pants. The algea mixed in makes her look like a drowned ghillie suit, and it moves around on it's own violition, making air bubbles and pathways in the hardening syrup, a veritable road map of passages to quickly get from point A to point B on her body, for sentient algeas. They're even building small storages spaces out of the syrup on her arms, where they are storing... something. Looks like dead skin cells. Food for them?

New Hands
Kadzar Hog, Worm, Lion, Lion, Housecat
(+4 Str, +2 Lck, +1 End, -3 Dex, Card instead of loot)
FallacyofUrist Dog, Bald Eagle, Crow, Viper, Eel
(+3 Agi, +2 End, +1 Wll, -1 Lck)
Coolrune206 Worm, Horse, Eel, Hog, Hog
(+2 Str, +1 End, +1 Lck, Card instead of loot)
BlitzDungeoneer Dog, Spider, Lion, Lion, Horse
(+4 Str, +1 Lck, +2 Agi, -2 End)
OceanSoul Dog, Lion, Eel, Lion, Ape
(+5 Str, +2 Agi, -1 Wll, -1 Dex)
NAV Crow, Crow, Rat, Eel, Rat
(+4 Wll, +2 Dex, +2 End, +1 Agi, +1 Str, -5 Lck)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2017, 06:02:58 am »

NEW CARDS/CARD CHANGES NOTIFICATION
Changed THE DOG: Changed +1 Agility to +1 Endurance. Those with dog cards may choose to swap them for other cards in the same category.
Changed THE RAT: Changed +1 Endurance to +1 Strength. Those with Rat cards may choose to swap them for other cards in the same category.
Changed THE EEL: Changed +1 Agility to +1 Dexterity. Same notification as dog and rat.
Added THE OWL: +1 Willpower, +1 Agility, -1 Dexterity. Up to 4 owls may be substituted into existing decks.
Added THE SNAIL: +2 Endurance, -1 Agility. Up to 4 snails may be substituted into existing decks.
Added THE SHREW: +1 Willpower, +1 Luck, -1 Endurance. You get the drill.
Added THE SHARK: +2 Agility, -1 Willpower. Ditto above.

These changes will take place at the same time hands are drawn next turn, so keep these in mind, and if you want to make changes to your deck, do so before the next turn.
Clarification: When swapping cards or making your starting deck, you are limited to 4 copies of a card. When adding cards from killing someone/something, you can go over that limit (but you still can't swap cards in to go even further past that limit after you've added cards).
Clarification: Yes, technically, there's enough new cards here you could replace your whole deck. Please don't, but there's nothing that says you can't.
Clarification: Yes, waitlisters can change their decks too.
Clarification: Yes, if you die, you can rewaitlist whenever you want.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:12:35 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: The Beginnings of Negative Luck
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2017, 06:38:00 am »

Examine the T1000 in a bottle, then leave in the direction of the nearest giant blue section.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2017, 08:08:51 am »

Zekoth was tempted to cross out the new conditionals, to see what would happen. Then he decided against it, as he did not want to risk angering the elephant of consequence. He signed the contract, then dismounted the elephant again and approached Wilswon, scanning his new potential 'ally'.

If attacked, he hastily finishes the contract, then seeks cover under the elephant.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:41:00 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2017, 02:41:06 pm »

Zynox will attack Zekoth in his usual manner.
"I'm cancelling these negotiations!"
Also, I'd like to replace my 2 Horse cards and 1 each of my Bear and Hog cards with 4 Owl cards.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2017, 02:51:11 pm »

"Hello new friends, friendly algea, will you help me?"

Try to stick things like leaves and twigs and rocks to the algea goo and see if they stick and if the algea likes it. Wander and look for another person..
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2017, 04:40:29 pm »

I'll take the Pheonix and the Wyrm.

Move my plant closer to Zynox. Or whatever his name is.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2017, 06:11:09 pm »

Replacing an Eel and Dog with Shrew and Chimp.

"Well, that iz a fair point..but, zen again, now sat I zhink of it a little more, my terms, would essentially give me a spell, regardlezz of it being on loot or ze like. Zo, by prior wording, I guezz I would get a new spell zomewhat frequently. Would likely need more zen just service to youze to buy such a consequence...".

Approaching Zecoth further in preparation for a handshake, Wilswon feels a surge of strength as the coming turn approaches. Here, in a place no other looter sees, to a man whose loot was but a service...perhaps...

"Hmm...Zir merchant, the propozed contracts won't be necessary".

Strike at Zecoth with the staff! Physically, of course! Perhaps a stab with the bottom end of the staff? A clubbing with the top end, if it wouldn't be at risk of breaking? Coolrune, I really did want to alliance with you, but, taking our natural stats into consideration, I have a +6 Strength advantage over you. Guaranteed to get a physical hit in, and will probably do major damage that approaches lethal. The contracts aren't signed yet, only prepared without signatures, so I can still hit you. This isn't a spell, either. Perhaps in another life, another Looter's delight, another elephant merchant can make amends. But...farewell.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »

Replacing an Eel and Dog with Shrew and Chimp.

"Well, that iz a fair point..but, zen again, now sat I zhink of it a little more, my terms, would essentially give me a spell, regardlezz of it being on loot or ze like. Zo, by prior wording, I guezz I would get a new spell zomewhat frequently. Would likely need more zen just service to youze to buy such a consequence...".

Approaching Zecoth further in preparation for a handshake, Wilswon feels a surge of strength as the coming turn approaches. Here, in a place no other looter sees, to a man whose loot was but a service...perhaps...

"Hmm...Zir merchant, the propozed contracts won't be necessary".

Strike at Zecoth with the staff! Physically, of course! Perhaps a stab with the bottom end of the staff? A clubbing with the top end, if it wouldn't be at risk of breaking? Coolrune, I really did want to alliance with you, but, taking our natural stats into consideration, I have a +6 Strength advantage over you. Guaranteed to get a physical hit in, and will probably do major damage that approaches lethal. The contracts aren't signed yet, only prepared without signatures, so I can still hit you. This isn't a spell, either. Perhaps in another life, another Looter's delight, another elephant merchant can make amends. But...farewell.
((Now it's just a matter of whether you attack me first, or if my character detects Zynox attempting to attack and hides first))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2017, 07:11:19 pm »

((I kind of feel a little bad about attacking Coolrune, but I didn't want to spawnkill NAV, nor do I want to take on Blitz, Chuck Norris, and their laser baby, and I really don't want to be anywhere near FoU's psychic death plant. Plus, he's closest to me right now.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2017, 11:20:10 am »

((I kind of feel a little bad about attacking Coolrune, but I didn't want to spawnkill NAV, nor do I want to take on Blitz, Chuck Norris, and their laser baby, and I really don't want to be anywhere near FoU's psychic death plant. Plus, he's closest to me right now.))
((this fills my heart with an inexplicable joy))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2017, 12:33:45 pm »

Well shit. Waitlist me. I'll prepare a new sheet as soon as possible, though I don't expect 3 deaths next turn.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8