Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 14852 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: The Beginnings of Negative Luck
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »

Well shit. Waitlist me. I'll prepare a new sheet as soon as possible, though I don't expect 3 deaths next turn.
Yeah, when you get the sheet prepared I'll put you on the list.

Working on the turn, I feel like I've given you all enough time to decide if you want to change your decks with the updates to the cards.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2017, 02:54:54 pm »

Name: Fas Gootagoë
Description: A drow. Weird dark bluish skin color, silver hair, maroon eyes, chaotic evil. It is impossible to tell whether she's naked or just not wearing much clothing, because she doesn't ever stop moving.
Stats:
  • Strength- (++++ (+4))
  • Dexterity (----++++ (+0))
  • Agility++ (+++++++++++++++ (+15(!)))
  • Endurance (--+ (-1))
  • Willpower- (----++++++- (+1))
  • Luck (---- (-4))
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2017, 03:06:27 pm »

Attack Fas before she spawns.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:45 pm »

Use absurd speed to stab BD before spawning. Not his character.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2017, 03:12:08 pm »

Are the stat points in parenthesis supposed to represent the effect of your cards? You know that you can only have 5 cards affecting you at once, right? Though I guess it does show that your deck is rather heavily weighted toward agility.

EDIT: Just for fun
Spoiler: Zynox (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:24:46 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »

That's not important, it's just the sum of every card bonus at once, so I could think about the balance. For example, I ended up swappings some eels for crows, because I had way more str than dex. I just left it in because it's interesting and looks cool.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2017, 03:31:40 pm »

Examine the T1000 in a bottle, then leave in the direction of the nearest giant blue section.
Moving the bottle around, the liquid inside sloshes back and forth. It is mostly full, but as you slosh it about, it seems to shrink down and sprout nubs or spikes on the surface. You stop that, and look at the lable, which is a T1000 with a pirate hat. Like, the cartoon kind Cap'n Crunch wears, but black and worn out and crusted with salt at the edges that aren't burnt looking. As for the cloth sticking out the top, it's white, with grey streaks or stains, and is far enough into the bottle that it touches the bottom of the glass. And, like previously noted, the cloth is a bit charred.
Other than those, the most notable thing is that holding the bottle in one hand causes your other hand to feel really hot. You saw the other guy throwing fireballs, and when you punched him your fist caught fire, so you assume that's because of this loot of his.
You head south towards the center area, since it's the blue area you can see from here. You did hear a waterfall or something in the north west when you were further in that direction, but it's behind the giant wall, or else on that floating island above it.
Approaching the center pond, you see there's a bit of fighting going on; one guy falling flat on his face with a hole in his brain, another smacking a third with some kind of caduceus, and darkly colored elephant. Chuck initially perks up at the sight, but then recalls his current status and mentions that he is nervous about fighting right now.

Zekoth was tempted to cross out the new conditionals, to see what would happen. Then he decided against it, as he did not want to risk angering the elephant of consequence. He signed the contract, then dismounted the elephant again and approached Wilswon, scanning his new potential 'ally'.

If attacked, he hastily finishes the contract, then seeks cover under the elephant.
Zynox will attack Zekoth in his usual manner.
"I'm cancelling these negotiations!"
Move my plant closer to Zynox. Or whatever his name is.
"Well, that iz a fair point..but, zen again, now sat I zhink of it a little more, my terms, would essentially give me a spell, regardlezz of it being on loot or ze like. Zo, by prior wording, I guezz I would get a new spell zomewhat frequently. Would likely need more zen just service to youze to buy such a consequence...".

Approaching Zecoth further in preparation for a handshake, Wilswon feels a surge of strength as the coming turn approaches. Here, in a place no other looter sees, to a man whose loot was but a service...perhaps...

"Hmm...Zir merchant, the propozed contracts won't be necessary".

Strike at Zecoth with the staff! Physically, of course! Perhaps a stab with the bottom end of the staff? A clubbing with the top end, if it wouldn't be at risk of breaking?
[Zekoth Initiative (Agility) vs Zynox Initiative (Agility) vs James Initiative (Agility) vs Wilswon Initiative (Agility): 2=2 vs 1=1 vs 3+3=6 vs 3+2=5]
James heads north west, running after Zynox, attempting to get his attention back. Zynox lands and starts running away, but James catches up, kind of. Zynox is already getting away, but James's plant is in range to use one of it's abilities.
[PK Beamγ vs Zynox Defense (Will+Endurance): 1+6=7 vs 1-3+1=-1][Zynox Last Ditch effort (via PK BERSERKα buff) (Will+Strength): 1+1=2]
Zynox doesn't escape, and as a beam of psychokinesis strikes him from behind, he uses his newly gained ability to create a surge of strength so he can reach Zekoth... but he doesn't quite make it, the hole in the back of his head from the Beam attack causing his demise before he can bring his giant sphere down on top of the dramatically posed man.

Zekoth and Wilswon, meanwhile, are engaged in business. Zekoth finishes signing his signature (which causes the contract to disolve into black smoke that flies into the elephant's trunk), and slides down into the water, where Wilswon has one hand out for a handshake, but also has his scepter in his other hand. He immediately twists as Zekoth reaches the water (and as Zynox collapses next to them), withdrawing his friendly hand and bringing forward his other to attack.
[Wilswon Attack (Strength) vs Zekoth dodge (agility): 2+1+5=8 vs 2=2][Zekoth Defense (Endurance): 2+1=3]
"Oh my. Well, that's probably going to hurt," commented the elephant. "It certainly nulls that conditional. I suppose if he dies, though, the consequences will be bad for me."
Indeed, Zekoth was in a lot of pain. Wilswon had hit with a fairly decently aimed strike, getting Zekoth in the side with the bottom of the scepter. The two snakes coiled around it twist and uncoil, to dig their obsidian fangs into Zekoth's side. Venom instantly courses into him, causing immediate (though not debilitating) pain in his whole torso.
He stumbles, backwards, while Wilswon continues to advance on him, but the elephant intercedes.
[E. Merchant Stomp (Strength) vs Wilswon Dodge (agility):  6+4=10 vs 5+3=8][Wilswon Defense (Endurance): 1-1=0]
Wilswon halts his advance as the elephant's foot comes down, and it lands on his own toes on his left foot. The elephant sighs.
"Well, I suppose I'll just tear up your deal. It was you who proposed service in the first place, but if it detests you so much to hear it in those words, then I agree the contract won't be nessesary."

Zynox (played by Kadzar) is dead. Fallacy may choose another card to add to their deck.
[James Loot (Luck): 3+2-1=4]
An axe made entirely out of wood appears, the wood-est wood ever. The log it must have been carved from must have been soaked in wood. It is extremely wooden. It is inlayed with more wood (stained pink), with decorative patterns indicating it's origins from a very religious sort of empire, possibly being intended to be used by a guard. Some hinges (made with wooden dowels, held in place with wooden levers) and some wooden gears that poke out of the surface hint to a complex interior. As it drops to the ground in front of James, one of the levers comes loose, and the mechanisms spring into action, transforming it into a gauntlent. It's construction still seems to be entirely wood in this form, though some of the wood is still green and living, and is excreting some sap onto the knuckles surface.

"Hello new friends, friendly algea, will you help me?"

Try to stick things like leaves and twigs and rocks to the algea goo and see if they stick and if the algea likes it. Wander and look for another person..
When you stick some grass onto the syrup, some nearby algea, pauses, then keeps moving. After a bit, some more arrives at the grass's location and hauls it away somewhere. You get the same delayed response when you stick twigs and stones onto it, where the algea doesn't immediately haul it away but instead notifies some other algea.
You see after a bit that they are using the more flexible leaves and grass to line their pathways and wallpaper their rooms, while they are using the sticks to brace their walls and reinforce their syrupy structures. The syrup, though hardened, remains sticky, and the algea seem accepting of your gifts, or tributes, or whatever it is they consider it. They're definitely smarter than the average algea clusters.
They even somehow sharpen some of the rocks and make little towers on your left arm out of sticks and syrup with pointed pepple tops.
You wander southwest, and see a bolt of energy flash and someone carrying a pot. Instinct tells you not to look at the pot's contents, but you aren't sure why.

Ninja (played by ATHATH) is dropped off in the Northwest
[Ninja Loot (Luck): 6+1+4=11
A small stainless steel fork appears. It's handle is engraved with a face, with a curved mustache and a fierce grin and intense eyes. Engraved below the face are details suggesting a captain's coat. The fork is small, like an average dining fork, and simutaneously the size of two mountains put together, nearly half the arena. It's just massive, but at the same time perfectly average.

New Hands
FallacyofUrist Crow, Bald Eagle, Dog, Pheonix, Ape
(+4 End, +1 Lck, +1 Wll, +1 Dex, -2 Str)
Coolrune206 Horse, Eel, Hog, Eel, Hog
(+3 Str, +2 Dex, +1 End, -1 Agi)
BlitzDungeoneer Dog, Lion, Bear, Horse, Ape
(+1 Lck, +1 End, +4 Str, -1 Wll)
OceanSoul Bear, Ape, Bear, Lion, Housecat
(+5 Str, +2 End, +1 Lck, -1 Dex, -1 Wll, -1 Agi)
NAV Worm, Eel, Crow, Crow, Crow
(+4 Dex, +3 Wll, +1 Str, -4 Lck, Card instead of Loot)
ATHATH Hog, Dog, Hog, Dog, Chimpanzee
(+4 End, +4 Lck, +1 Dex, +1 Wll, -2 Agi, -3 Str)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »

I'll take the Pegasus for my newest card. As for my action... put on my gauntlet and... retreat! I have no idea what any of my loot other than psychic death plant does. Also there are a lot of people in this area. Once I've retreated far enough, throw a spell from my spoon at a rock wall(the naturally occurring ones).

((Edit: Oh shoot. I think I just figured out ATHATH's loot, and it, I think... well... I'll let you figure it out yourself.))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:51:51 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2017, 03:41:38 pm »

"Fooey. Stop pussying around, Chuck. You're the strongest man in the world, ain't no way those guys could stand up to you."

Try to pump Chuck up again, aim the laser baby at the two guys fighting in the blue circle and fire.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2017, 03:49:59 pm »

Immediately mount the Elephant, kicking at Wilswon if he tries to attack as I climb. Order the elephant to immediately begin heading South-West, and ask it if it minds kicking Oceansoul's head in on the way.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »

Feedback time. A few turns have passed, with some condensed action and some separate action. What are your opinions on my writing style?
Furthermore, do you think the game could support 2 more players? I'm leaning to keeping it six players, but with 8 players more death and (re)spawning would take place, and we'd cycle through our waitlist faster. But on the other hand, I don't have that large of a waitlist and there's lots of death already. In 7 turns we've killed 3 player characters.
The changes to dog, rat, and eel were to prevent duplicate positives. I see I messed up still, and dog/hog have duplicate positives now, so next time a change comes around, would you rather I change dog again or change hog? I'm thinking of changing endurance to strength, but that makes less sense for dog then hog. Any other balance changes to the cards you think I should make?

Also, as feedback to you players and contributors, I am clearly moving one of the words that made that plant into a stronger category, that's OP.
Egan, I like your idea of keeping track of your totals; you should divide those by 15 and multiply by 5 (or just divide by 3) to figure your average each turn.

Use absurd speed to stab BD before spawning. Not his character.
[Fas Meta Action (Automatic): Failure] Characters cannot stab players, even if they are still on the waitlist. Especially if they are still on the waitlist. Silly.
The Cyan Menace

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2017, 03:54:26 pm »

I think that I'm having fun with this game so far, but I don't really have any notable feedback to give so far. Sorry.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2017, 04:00:13 pm »

The big fights are a little too visually dense for me to really want to read them when I'm not part of it, especially when I'm dead. I think more line breaks could help, as well as listing initiative for each player in separate boxes. Right now it's kinda just a big box of numbers that's hard to get the gist of quickly.

Also, I wasn't looking for my averages, but that's an interesting idea.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:12:02 pm by Egan_BW »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2017, 04:01:11 pm »

Feedback time. [1] A few turns have passed, with some condensed action and some separate action. What are your opinions on my writing style?

Furthermore, [2] do you think the game could support 2 more players? I'm leaning to keeping it six players, but with 8 players more death and (re)spawning would take place, and we'd cycle through our waitlist faster. But on the other hand, I don't have that large of a waitlist and there's lots of death already. In 7 turns we've killed 3 player characters.

[3] The changes to dog, rat, and eel were to prevent duplicate positives. I see I messed up still, and dog/hog have duplicate positives now, so next time a change comes around, would you rather I change dog again or change hog? I'm thinking of changing endurance to strength, but that makes less sense for dog then hog. Any other balance changes to the cards you think I should make?

[4]Also, as feedback to you players and contributors, I am clearly moving one of the words that made that plant into a stronger category, that's OP.
[1] I like it. The only issue is... you misspelled inlaid("inlayed"). Otherwise, it's awesome!

[2] Maybe. Not sure. Maybe start with one extra and see what happens?

[3] Well... there's the fact that it's absurdly easy to get high tier loot(look at ATHATH's epic level fork) right now with luck boosting cards. Maybe make cards that boost luck less frequent or less powerful?

[4] +6 isn't OP at all... oh wait it is. Okay, that's pretty OP. Mind sharing what went into it? If not now, then maybe when my character dies?

[5] By default, does loot continue to exist after its owner dies?

as well as listing initiative for each player in separate boxes. Right now it's kinda just a big box of numbers that's hard to get gist of quickly.
There is this, though. I do like this idea.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22:19 pm »

Feedback time. [1] A few turns have passed, with some condensed action and some separate action. What are your opinions on my writing style?

Furthermore, [2] do you think the game could support 2 more players? I'm leaning to keeping it six players, but with 8 players more death and (re)spawning would take place, and we'd cycle through our waitlist faster. But on the other hand, I don't have that large of a waitlist and there's lots of death already. In 7 turns we've killed 3 player characters.

[3] The changes to dog, rat, and eel were to prevent duplicate positives. I see I messed up still, and dog/hog have duplicate positives now, so next time a change comes around, would you rather I change dog again or change hog? I'm thinking of changing endurance to strength, but that makes less sense for dog then hog. Any other balance changes to the cards you think I should make?

[4]Also, as feedback to you players and contributors, I am clearly moving one of the words that made that plant into a stronger category, that's OP.
[1] I like it. The only issue is... you misspelled inlaid("inlayed"). Otherwise, it's awesome!

[2] Maybe. Not sure. Maybe start with one extra and see what happens?

[3] Well... there's the fact that it's absurdly easy to get high tier loot(look at ATHATH's epic level fork) right now with luck boosting cards. Maybe make cards that boost luck less frequent or less powerful?

[4] +6 isn't OP at all... oh wait it is. Okay, that's pretty OP. Mind sharing what went into it? If not now, then maybe when my character dies?

[5] By default, does loot continue to exist after its owner dies?

as well as listing initiative for each player in separate boxes. Right now it's kinda just a big box of numbers that's hard to get gist of quickly.
[6]There is this, though. I do like this idea.
[1]Yeah. Downside of writing the turns without spellcheck. I've been copying them into the forum text box to spell check, but I miss one or two sometimes. Also, regarding what Egan said about the fights being too dense to read, I am trying to add more linebreaks. I'll try double breaks instead of single breaks next turn.

[2]Alright, if nobody dies in two turns I'll drop in another player? How does that sound?

[3]Fair. Perhaps removing Hog's luck bonus in exchange for Willpower. Does that even make sense? I think it does/should make sense. ATHATH's Fork is also a roll of 6, but I guess there is a LOT of luck in his hand. Still, we'll see if he can even use it.

[4]Well, the plant doesn't have the advantage of a hand, though +6 is a bit much. The loot is "Frosty Pirahna Plant Giygas", and google tells me Giygas is the final boss of Earthbound. The creepy eldritch fetus thing which was apparently inspired by a rape scene in a movie. I have moved that word far, far down.

[5]Yes. It may get lost and disappear if not paid attention to, or if it's self propelled like the womsunorcs, it may just show up later.

[6]Hmm. I thought putting the initiatives in one box would make it easier. I'll experiment with a different style of initiative display next turn.

Also, I wasn't looking for my averages, but that's an interesting idea.
Well, just saying you'll have a mean average of +7 agility (2 skill, 5 hand), for example.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8