Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 14853 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:23:30 pm »

You are somewhere strange. Perhaps you were on your daily jog and turned the corner onto a street you've never seen, or you went through a door that was never there before, or you simply woke up here, but you have never seen this place in your life. It does have a strange feeling of familiarity, despite the alien landscape of groaning purple trees that turn to look at you, hyperactive orange grass shaking itself to warn you off whenever you step on it, islands floating in the endless sky with a void below, and cylindrical buildings that walk around on spindly legs.

Except for you, this place seems empty of people - it is clear people have been here, but there don't seem to be any now. A path extends before you, and you are drawn to follow it. Eventually, it leads you to  a dusty town; many buildings ruined, toppled onto their sides and broken open, with only a few meandering between their fallen fellows. One such building has light coming from it.

You climb up inside it, and find a glowing terminal, it's alien text perfectly legible for an unknown reason. "Hero who has found this place, you are destined for battle. Not far from here is an arena where other heroes and villains gather, to do battle for glory and loot! Place your hand upon this screen to seal the contract, and receive your first artifact. Upon reception of your loot, you will be transported by this vessel to the arena, where you may start slaying your foes and receiving more loot. For Glory!"

You are confused, but when you place your hand in the indicated space, the console fills with details about yourself, before going dim. You look up, and see gathered waiting in the same building a smattering of other "heroes" sitting on a bench. You feel the building lurch, and start moving towards it's destination...

Welcome to my take on a Looter's Delight game. As always when I run a game, it will be far more complicated than needs be. That said, you probably already know the basic rules: Most actions on a six sided die, modified by your skills. Take actions each turn towards trying to kill your opponents or towards surviving longer than them. Killing an opponent earns you a random piece of loot, which helps make you more powerful. Kill ten or more opponents, and you win - you may then choose to exit the game, or keep in the game and go for a high score.

But then that's where my twist comes in. Your skills are influenced by your hand, which is in turn based on your deck. At the end of each turn (and at the start of the game) your character will have 5 cards drawn from your deck, which you'll be able to expand by killing opponents or NPCs. This hand of 5 cards will let you know the skills you will have for the next turn. Cards from your hand get shuffled right back into the deck before drawing new cards. Some cards may also have abilities which you could use instead.

Furthermore, loot is generated from a Publicly Sourced list of items, modifiers, things, and other words. You can contribute to the list, sticking to the guidelines below, though when loot is generated it may not be interpreted exactly as you intended, especially for more abstract things.

Character Sheet
Name: Your character's name.
Description: A brief description. Not their life story, but a sentence to a paragraph is fine.
Stats: Your unmodified stats, before cards. You can put a + in a stat by putting a - in another stat, maximum ++ or --.
  • Strength (Attacking in melee, lifting heavy things, etc)
  • Dexterity (Attacking in range, using small tools, etc)
  • Agility (Going first, avoiding attacks, etc)
  • Endurance (Surviving attacks that hit, or harsh environs)
  • Willpower (Using magic items, magic cards, etc)
  • Luck (Gives better loot, cannot put -s into this although cards can give -s)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

The Cards
Remember, you may have no more than 4 copies of a single card. You gain a card in your deck whenever you kill an NPC or a Player. You may opt out of adding a card to your deck.
Spoiler: available at all times (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:37:36 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: Signups, 0/6
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 10:24:10 pm »

Statuses

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)
Waitlist
Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Graveyard
Spoiler: Vix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Felix Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zynox (click to show/hide)
Hall of Fame
Win to go here. Win better to get to the top of this list.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:12:54 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:24:26 pm »

Wild NPCs (These may be created by game events, or by loot that no longer has an owner.)
  • Womsunorcs Wombat-Kitsune-orc hybrids, with the power to summon more of their species like loot when distressed. Last seen in a tree.

Worm-Cards (Cards generated by the Worm card in place of loot)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:02:31 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 02:25:06 am »

I put way too much weird and fun stuff into that table to pass this game up. Reserve.

Name: Vix
Description: A woman in fancy wizard robes and a very silly hat. Long and braided red hair, brown eyes, and mechanized silver teeth. The runes on her robes light up their surroundings with darkness.
Stats:
  • Strength-
  • Dexterity--
  • Agility-
  • Endurance
  • Willpower++
  • Luck++
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:53:06 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 03:30:19 am »

Name: Connor "Trinkets" McGee
Description: Connor, or "Trinkets", as most people call him, is a hoarder of shiny, interesting and valuable objects. And all other objects as well, truth be told. He isn't very discerning. A scruffy, short man in stained and patched overalls, with a slightly rabid glare in his eyes.
Stats:
  • Strength --
  • Dexterity +
  • Agility +
  • Endurance
  • Willpower --
  • Luck ++

Fixed
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:30:28 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:59:54 am »

Name: Zynox
Description: Zynox is a tall, muscly man with long, dark brown hair. He appears bare-chested, wearing nothing but a pair of ragged pants that cut off just past the knees. There appears to be some kindness in his eyes; is it genuine or some foul trick?
Stats:
  • Strength +
  • Dexterity --
  • Agility
  • Endurance
  • Willpower
  • Luck +
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 06:01:35 am »

Name: Felix Valentine
Description: Felix is youthful looking man with moderately long black hair. He wears a navy suit without a tie. It doesn't seem especially expensive, but it is of obviously good quality. He has always been interested in gathering wealth, but is somewhat annoyed at his tendency to stumble into it accidentally.
Stats:
  • Strength -
  • Dexterity
  • Agility
  • Endurance -
  • Willpower
  • Luck ++

Edit: And done.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:32:48 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 08:02:22 am »

RESERVE.

Name: Wilswon S. Strouti   (The S stands for Samargan)
Description: A large, sorta muscular, yet kind-hearted man in maybe his thirties who doesn't seem to be taking anything seriously, even death. Wearing a blue hawaiian shirt with white flowers over an orange t-shirt, a straw hat with sunglasses resting just under it, cargo shorts that reveal slightly hairy legs, and mismatching sandals. Also wearing a cross necklace, but the cross is really just an unfolded die. Sometimes has an accent.
Stats:
  • Strength+
  • Dexterity -
  • Agility
  • Endurance -
  • Willpower -
  • Luck ++
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:50:32 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 08:23:14 am »

Name: James Walter Edgeson
Description: James is a tall man, blue eyes, wearing a hooded cloak. Seeing as he was a bit psychopathic to begin with, he doesn't really mind killing people in this game. Especially if he gets loot out of the deal.
Stats:
  • Strength: -
  • Dexterity: -
  • Agility: 0
  • Endurance: 0
  • Willpower: 0
  • Luck: ++
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:37:03 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 09:59:35 am »

"Ah, yezz, it izs almost time for battaile. The exzitement, it kills me.. and soon, one of youz will, too! AH HAH HAahah, dezent joke."

Yes, I AM trying to roleplay our characters talking on the way to the arena.

"Zo, who are youze, ahywho? The name here'z Wilswon, Wilswon Strouti. I am fine by ze name of Wilson, az it autocorrects nizely. Speaking of, are any of zou robots?"
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:38 am »

Name: Zekoth
Description: Zekoth is a human male. He strikes overly dramatic poses when he speaks, and prefers to speak in monologues. He hates being interrupted.
Stats:
  • Strength: --
  • Dexterity: --
  • Agility: 0
  • Endurance: 0
  • Willpower: ++
  • Luck: ++
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 10:19:33 am »

this seems like a mighty good time, so it does

Name: Kevin Punchingson
Description: A tremendously tall, muscled beast of a man, with a beautiful blonde mustache, and a head as bald as they come. He wears naught but trousers. Friend to all, except the people he is about to kill for one reason or another.
Stats:
  • Strength++
  • Dexterity--
  • Agility-
  • Endurance++
  • Willpower-
  • Luck 0
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:08 pm »

Name: Unlucky Yarjuax
Description: An unlucky woman with orange fingernails and a fine blue bowler hat and a tattoo of a rock.
Stats:
  • Strength
  • Dexterity-
  • Agility
  • Endurance
  • Willpower +
  • Luck
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:11:16 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:37 pm »

"You mean like an automaton? I guess that could describe me, though I'm not the sort that doesn't have blood and uses an inorganic brain."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »

Name: Unlucky Yarjuax
Description: An unlucky woman with orange fingernails and a fine blue bowler hat and a tattoo of a rock.
Stats:
  • Strength
  • Dexterity
  • Agility +
  • Endurance
  • Willpower +
  • Luck --
Sorry, but, as said in the OP, minuses to luck are not allowed on character creation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8