Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: FoU up to 2 player kills!  (Read 15053 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: God of Memes or Mediocre Actor?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 06:51:59 am »

While Felix's pets are distracted, Zynox will take this opportunity to smash Felix's noggin in.
"Now you die!"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 10:25:35 am »

"Does my pleasant conversation displease you so much that you'd steal my voice? Hmmm....

How about if I were to slay a different human, and offer you their entire body and soul; would you accept such payments for instance?"

Clamber back up onto the elephant, with a new understanding of the local ecology. Keep a sharp lookout at the edges of the forest around the lake; if I see anything at all, regardless of whether it seems hostile, alert the elephant immediately to the threat.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 04:39:57 pm »

Excellent. Place the plant down next to both of them so they can't help but see it. By the time it's finished with them, they won't have any mind left. Also, see if my plant wants any food to eat. Namely, other players such as the ones I just put it down next to.

((Kadzar, you're currently screaming and clutching your head.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »

I wish it had been james who fought me, because with my willpower I probably could have stared the plant in the face and laughed.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2017, 11:07:09 pm »

Just missing Person for this turn.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2017, 09:58:58 am »

Spoiler: Waitlistplsm8 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:23:57 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2017, 11:42:53 am »

Break away from the vision through sheer willpower. Order my creatures to finish Zynox off. Keep the plant out of sight, and avoid any incoming attacks.

Edit: No new womsunorc this time, interesting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:53:32 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2017, 02:54:51 am »

PaPaj, You are conditionally in the waitlist - your deck is missing a card, I count 14/15.
Zo, caduzeuz pluz znakes, alzo with axe gem. Hey, at leazt not Axe deodorant, Ahhah. Hey, zou over zere with the poor agility, yet great endurance, almozt like Ziberian bear! You can be a good test target, and you zill devnitly zurvive well. Here goez!".

Hear over toward the pond in the forest, and attempt to cast some sort of spell on Coolrune. Also, would the red axe gem would be good in melee?
"Does my pleasant conversation displease you so much that you'd steal my voice? Hmmm....

How about if I were to slay a different human, and offer you their entire body and soul; would you accept such payments for instance?"

Clamber back up onto the elephant, with a new understanding of the local ecology. Keep a sharp lookout at the edges of the forest around the lake; if I see anything at all, regardless of whether it seems hostile, alert the elephant immediately to the threat.
[Wilswon Initiative (Agility) vs Zekoth Initiative (Agility):  2+2=4 vs 1-2=-1]
[Wilswon Unknown Spell(s) (Will): 2-1+1=2] [1 of 4 held spells discovered]
Wilswon runs into the forest following the elephant tracks. He waves his cadduceus around in the air, and the snakes on it his in iritation, but he causes a bit of mist to come out of the the wand. It's not enough that he can't see, but it's enough that it obscures his position within a 16 square foot area. Which isn't much.
Really, it's obvious where he is in the fog, but he is hard to identify.
Zekoth meanwhile climbs back onto his elephant, speaking to it.
"No", says the elephant, "I enjoy your voice, but I can sense it is something of value to you. When dealing with abstracts such as cause and consequence, you get a feel for things. And if you could trap the soul of the person as you slew them, sure, it would work. I don't have much use for corpses, though. Not much resale value for some a common commodity."
 Zekoth sees the small patch of fog back the way he came from. He directs the elephant to look at it, and the elephant comments, "Hmm. An obscuring mist spell. Not a very potent casting of it, only cloaking a single person, but I hear someone in there. Something about you probably surviving."
"Chuck, don't let her get you down. She's dead, and you're very much not. You don't swim, water just wants to be around you. Your fists make the speed of light wish it was faster. You got this."

Attempt to resurrect a dead meme, and examine the baby a bit more closely because seriously what the fuck why is a baby available as loot.

((kevin and chuck will have to raise the baby as their own))
[Kevin Reafirmation (Will): 1-1+1=1]
Kevin's peptalk doesn't help Chuck out. Chuck just sighs dejectedly.
The baby's arsenal comes off of it's hands easily enough, but it doesn't fit on Kevin or Chuck's hands. And they can't opperate the switches inside because their fingers won't reach that deep in the gauntlet.
So back on the baby the gauntlets go. The infant starts to crawl on the forest floor, and Kevin watches it closely. The baby stumbles a bit, triggering the mechanism in it's left gauntlet, and it fires a deep red laser at a tree, which explodes into fiery toothpicks.

While Felix's pets are distracted, Zynox will take this opportunity to smash Felix's noggin in.
"Now you die!"
Excellent. Place the plant down next to both of them so they can't help but see it. By the time it's finished with them, they won't have any mind left. Also, see if my plant wants any food to eat. Namely, other players such as the ones I just put it down next to.

((Kadzar, you're currently screaming and clutching your head.))
Break away from the vision through sheer willpower. Order my creatures to finish Zynox off. Keep the plant out of sight, and avoid any incoming attacks.

Edit: No new womsunorc this time, interesting.
[Zynox Initiative (Agility) vs Felix Initiative (Agility) vs James Initiative (Agility): 5-2+1=4 vs 1-2-1=-2 vs 3-1=2]
[Womsunorc#1 Initiative (Agility) and Womsunorc#3 Initiative (Agility): 3-2=1 and 6-2=4]
[Zynox Act with Madness (Will) and Felix regain sanity (Will): 5-2=3 and 4-2+2=4]
[Zynox Attack (Strength): 1+1-2+3=3]
Zynox weakly tries to crush Felix's head in, but with the pounding headache he has, he's virtually paralyzed. He lifts up his ball, and thumps it back down next to Felix. The jaw and skull motif looks at him like it's laughing, and he gets mad. Very mad. He embraces the anger and the laughter in his head, and something clicks in his head.
Felix, meanwhile, manages to filter out the laughter, and realizes it's himself screaming. He's not well yet, but he's able to shut up and lie there wimpering as opposed to screaming in terror.
[Zynox Madness trait evolved to -3, ability gained: PK BERSERKα] [Felix Madness reduced to -1]
James meanwhile approaches them and places his plant down where they have to see it. The plant moves, and -
[PSI ROCKINγ vs Felix Defense (Will+End) and Zynox Defense (Will+End): 2+-6=8 vs 4-1-1+2+3=7 and 5+-3+1=3]
[Womsunorc#1 Defense (Will+End), Womsunorc#3 Defense (Will+End): 6+3-1=8 and 3+3-1=5]
A psychic blast radiates out, which Felix dodges, but it sends Zynox flying, though thanks to his magic, he's able to catch himself in the air and come to a gentle landing.
The creature on his back is sent flying in another direction, while the one that was sneaking up on him stays it's ground.
[Womsunorc#1 Attack (Strength) vs Zynox Dodge (Agility): 4+3=7 vs 6-3+1=4] [Zynox Defense (Endurance): 6+-1=7]
The creature which Zynox had previously knocked unconsious seeks revenge by going for an artery. It doesn't get an artery, but it's mouth clamps around his arm. And the teeth miss entirely, his arm is behind the creature's jaw, so he can feel it's slimy gums.

New Hands
Kadzar Worm, Hog, Worm, Housecat, Pegasus
(+2 Lck, +1 Agi, +1 End, -1 Dex, Two Cards instead of Loot, Magical Flight)
Person Housecat, Hog, Housecat, Worm, Dog
(+4 Lck,+2 Agi,  +1 End, -1 Str, -2 Dex, Card instead of Loot)
FallacyofUrist Chimpanzee, Rat, Housecat, Crow, Viper
(+2 End, +2 Wll, +2 Agi, +1 Dex, -1 Str, -1 Lck)
Coolrune206 Hog, Horse, Worm, Eel, Horse
(+3 Str, +2 Agi, -1 End, Card instead of Loot)
BlitzDungeoneer Spider, Worm, Chimpanzee, Hog, Lion
(+2 Dex, +1 Wll, +1 Lck, +1 Str, -1 Agi, Card instead of Loot)
OceanSoulWorm, Spider, Lion, Ape, Dog
(+2 Str, +2 Dex, +1 Lck, +1 Agi, -1 Wll, -1 End, Card instead of Loot)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight, Flabort Edition: Let the Loot do all the Work?
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2017, 07:50:07 am »

Zynox will fly off to the north, moving low to the ground to try to scrape the wonsumorc off of him, either against the ground or maybe by smacking it against a tree.
"Let go of me, you creepy goblin!"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:23:03 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2017, 09:11:44 am »

"Hmmm. Suppose I traded the action of bringing you here for one consequence; when the man in the fog attempts to use a spell against me with the intent to harm me in some way, he will instead find the spell's effect targeting him. Would that be a good enough trade?"

Let Mr. Fog Man come to us.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2017, 09:24:11 am »

(fixed)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2017, 12:24:36 pm »

"Hmmm. Suppose I traded the action of bringing you here for one consequence; when the man in the fog attempts to use a spell against me with the intent to harm me in some way, he will instead find the spell's effect targeting him. Would that be a good enough trade?"

"Inzent to harm? Hah! You heard what I zaid, did you not? You drew into great enduranze, but poor Dezderity. Whatever I cazt, it would hit, and zo I would understand zeh spell, and zou would bear little harm, if at all! I do not know if zou heard this in ze transport, but I am Wilswon S. Strouti, a man who delights in Looter'z Delight! Now, if you do buy zis consequenze, somehow, I zuggest the conzitional that you did no harm to me prior. Now, looted merchant elaphant, perhaps I could buy a conzequence? In exchange for protecting him, whoze death would remove you from this arena full of buyers, I can get the consequence that, if I cazt a spell I allready know, I learn a zpell zat I do not know. Zimple, time zaving, and it makes me more effective at doing ze price! Ze Win win! If thiz all is unclear to either of youze, I requezt an alliance! Do you agree?"

Step out of the fog, and shake the potential ally's hand, if he is willing to, as acceptance of alliance.
(Accidentally posted early. Finishing post now)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:41:11 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2017, 12:28:25 pm »

"Inzent to harm? Hah! You heard what I zaid, did you not? You drew into great enduranze, but poor Dezderity. Whatever I cazt, it would hit, and zo I would understand zeh spell!

(Accidentally posted early. Finishing action now)
((How could you hear me privately speaking to the elephant from so far away?))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2017, 12:43:05 pm »

"Inzent to harm? Hah! You heard what I zaid, did you not? You drew into great enduranze, but poor Dezderity. Whatever I cazt, it would hit, and zo I would understand zeh spell!

(Accidentally posted early. Finishing action now)
((How could you hear me privately speaking to the elephant from so far away?))
Doesn't seem like that far on the map, but we could just say he was approaching at the end of the last turn, maybe. Also, full turn is up.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2017, 01:21:23 pm »

Now things are really getting interesting. (Man I really picked a lot of cards that make me useless at punching things. Definitely have to fix that at some point.)

If Zynox escapes have the womsunorc let go of him. Then, have them attack James instead. If he doesn't escape, have them finish him off. Meanwhile, focus on defending myself and regaining my sanity.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8