Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do motor nerves heal?  (Read 1478 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do motor nerves heal?
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:27:06 pm »

Hello, I have a question. I brought my new peasant adventurer to a cathedral where a crime organization had taken up camp. I killed quite a few criminals, but eventually I was attacked by more of them than I could handle at one time. I was badly wounded and only managed to save myself by jumping into the cathedral's water pool. The health menu said that a motor nerve had been severed in my left hand; I got out of the water and waited for 2 in-game hours, but it still didn't heal.

My question is: is it possible for motor nerves to heal? I worked really hard on this adventure and don't want it to be cut short by something like this.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
Re: Do motor nerves heal?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 10:32:38 pm »

Unfortunately, no. The wound will not heal unless you become a werecreature via statue toppling (unless you find one and let it bite you) then wait til a full moon and turn into a werecreature. So either you can wait out to a full moon or have only one available hand.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Zoobastix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:36:47 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:50:50 pm by Zoobastix »

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 03:50:40 pm »

A real badass doesn't need a shield anyways

Ah, but seriously, short of becoming a werecreature, you've lost the hand. But half the fun is playing with non-functional limbs, so see if you can salvage the character
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.