Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles| Get ready for round 2!  (Read 4007 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 08:44:58 am »

I blame checking on friends on the forum in me seeing this :P
{sheet for later post}
Err, I haven't found any information on equipment pertaining to how everyone else's finished sheet (at this time) has itself as itself, so I'm rummaging around and placing it as is.
I feel like it's similar to a system used somewhere else, is the case on why it's not directly mentioned in the OP. :P

More query:
Fortis - Cause the spell to fortify resistance against damage or effects based on Cantrip. Bonus to res is an additional 25% of your resistance.
> Do you mean 'resistance after total computation' (ie Plus armor and otherwise), or basic innate 'stat-only' resistance? :P
Because my initial idea for my character which I went here as, is a spellwarden. A defensive mage who utilizes glyphs or wards, and 'inscripts' symbols on items to give benefits at a certain time or instance. I'm unsure, but I feel like most of the spells in that theme are under the affinity 'Terra'.
> What are the design ideas for quirks? As in what specific themes can be present, because there are a lot of factors towards skill in an area that can be compatible with a 'level = talent' system that...I may be either too detailed or lacking in detail if I picked one. Ideas would be in the field of 'charisma or social sense'
> It isn't stated in the OP but inferred from the GM character sheet on actions being also classified under active/passive/augment (like passive but situational?). What is the guide to making these? What defines a 'point' in its application as an action?
> I've had a thought of an item being more like a personal ward or 'magic themed' item, but works pretty much like a physical item (ie can be lost/destroyed/affected by external magic). Can this be flavor to the item used?
> May I make an armor that boosts STR, which is basically designed and themed as an aid to carrying things?
> May an accessory also augment an armor in its utility? For example I would like an accessory to help hold things, like a quiver for arrows, or a specialized box/bag for potions or their reagents.
> What would be the general idea of weapons and items? What about computing RES or Minimum Stats of an item?
> What Races are present to pick from?

I typed all this out by memory of bbcode, and my internet is at molasses speed, so apologies to anyone for any errors!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:23:35 am by Tiruin »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 11:06:32 pm »

Character sheet altered as per OPs alteration to Actions, still need help working out stats for Equipment (as in I can't figure out what min stats should be for what damage)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 06:30:32 am »

*Casualy shows up to gauge the mood*
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 12:04:31 pm »

*Casualy shows up to gauge the mood*
Weeeee, Akroma :D

Edit: Post wouldn't load x.x thanks net
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:31:15 pm by Tiruin »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 03:22:34 pm »

Spoiler: The mad Poet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 12:32:52 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »

Spoiler: Elidyr 2: Fur Harder (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:23:31 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 02:45:01 pm »

Spoiler: wip (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:18:20 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »

Deadline for sheets is Augest 19 when I get home at midnight my time. Game starts on sunday.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 11:29:12 pm »

Deadline is met, The sheets linked in the Accepted character post will be in.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 02:34:48 am »

Spoiler: New Sheet (click to show/hide)

My Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:42:21 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 06:28:20 pm »

yeah bye, its not doing it for me

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes: Valkain Chronicles| Get ready for round 2!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 12:16:34 pm »

This OOC is outdated and thus locked. New OOC here: New OOC
Pages: 1 [2]