Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gorlak Dancer, Please Join Us  (Read 6133 times)

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gorlak Dancer, Please Join Us
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »

Even if it's possible, we don't really know all of the secondary changes and I don't really know how to find them.
Because of that I made a script just to add units to controllable citizens, without petitioning process. It's probably isn't perfect, it won't work for hostile creatures, I'm not sure how it would work for merchants, caravan guards and diplomats, but it works fine for visitors (and probably for wild animal people). If you'll use it on a visitor who already decided to petition, even if he's not indicating it in any way, then he still going to petition eventually. In that case, it's better to reject him to avoid any mess. Here's the script:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will probably try to improve it later.

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »

Ok, I can now concur that there is definitely some other unfound flagging somewhere of whether a visitor will petition besides the meeting information.  While I've been able to force visitors to petition who have entered the map without any meeting infromation set, by setting said information, I've now ran into several visitors who would not petition by setting meeting states.  I'd assume wherever the flags that control the visitor wanting to leave also house the intent to petition.  I know there's got to be some flags SOMEWHERE, but so far I've not been able to find anything based on what is currently in gui/gm-editor.

That said, if the visitor WILL petition at some point, my method will speed up the process. 

The gorlak dancer I had made my own using nolimit's method, was no longer in my fort after reloading.  Not sure what happened there.

Unfortunately, the fortress I'm testing is getting its 3rd goblin siege, and the weapon/armor break bug has brought this fortress to a close.  Unless I exterminate all the goblins coming in, this siege is a guaranteed crash.  New fortress started day 1 with rains of elf blood and undead ravens.  It's going to be a little bit before I get to a point where I can accept visitors again.
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 04:41:18 pm »

Is it ok to ask for a recap on what we know so far? I tend not to use dfhack, but I'd love a more summarized look at the varying bugs and methods lol, tho at the same time that makes me think of how great it would be if stuff like this was on the wiki
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 02:42:52 pm »

I think that you should try to control the gorlak dancer in adventure mode and then have him join the fort by talking to the mayor and asking to become a performer. This worked for me when I controlled a satyr wrestler to marry my male teddy wrestler for adventures in tick smashing and baby-making
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2020, 05:18:13 am »

Poking this thread for some 'Science' but observationally since this last post i 47.03/47.04, you can fufill the needs of visitors more precisely, and also quite accurately pre-empt what a visitor wants to do now, since people with a interest have a mission objective of 'soldiering' 'the place to perform' & 'to do research' and these seem to be the groups to pander to outside of people being interested in your site.
  • There's also questers to account for, which with their annoying buzzing questions about your own and other peoples artifacts mean your site has to be vigilantly defended, and suspicious persons asking about objects on site interrogated. But most visitors are there in a positive capacity.
Having multiple organized religion temples seems to overlap the visitor interest when coming to pray, as they'll mix both their needs to worship & relax together with their association to a church. I have no idea if more fufilled needs of letting them pray or recieve quality entertainment in the tavern increases your location reputation or makes them more likely to join but a well run site i had functioned very well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]