Finally... > Life Advice

post op recovery

(1/13) > >>

Transcendant:
I just got back from an inguinzl hernia repair operation.

So far, still numb as can be from general anesthetic, local anesthetic, and pain killers. First time it hasn't hurt since it happened.

Ice packs and elevation, somewhat preemptively, for the inevitable and unenviable swelling.  Rather, that's what I'm worried about, especially in a very ... tender anatomical area.

To avoid the swelling and bruising, I'm elevating my legs just a bit on a pillow, as well as.... it (I'm just speaking medically) with a washcloth that sometimes holds a gel icepack.

My understanding is the reason that can swell up after a surgery, is that fluid finds its lowest point... I'm hoping if it's at least a little elevated, that won't be as much?

I'm hoping this goes well. Thank you.

Transcendant:
local is wearing off o god.... moved my leg, felt dizzy and nausous. like a knife

Khan Boyzitbig:
Keep close to something that can take your weight if you decide to move around much. Good luck and try and keep your mind off things (unless a doctor/other medical professional has told you to keep an eye on something).

Transcendant:
Thank you.

Jesus, is it supposed to feel like stabbing with slight movement?

Called nurse. She said IBprophen until my scheduled opiod dose: I believe hydrocodone? Not sure.

Transcendant:
Wow, I guess some blood may come from the incision on an inguinal hernia repair (open not laproscopic.... Same thing with pretty bad pain from the incision cite.

I can't walk so much as kinda shuffle while keeping all weight on one foot. Called the surgeon's office, got the answering service, and a call back for pain, bleeding, and surgery question....

She said this is more common than I might think and that it may actually be worse tomorrow. She also noted I could either take pain meds every 4 hours instead of every 6 or just take 2 every 6 hours. If things get bad, then use ER.... Very surprised actually. I get that it's outpatient (they want everything to be), but I just called about this, witch I was supposed to call about.... "The first few days are bad and may be worse tomorrow." Wow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version