Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Commanding dwarven armies  (Read 1476 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Commanding dwarven armies
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:22 pm »

I have a question about the next release. If you become the mountainhome do you get to command your civilization's armies? I doubt it but I just wanted to check.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Commanding dwarven armies
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 12:28:44 am »

Armies aren't being introduced yet. So, no.
Armies will involve recruiting from the surrounding populations and such. Very complicated compared with just sending out a few dwarves on a raid. But it's a good first step.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 02:51:31 pm »

Shonai, is it wrong that i see you as the right hand of god (god beeing Toady in this analogy)? because it seems to m you always have all the answers before everyone else...
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 03:09:22 pm »

Perhaps Shonai is Toady's alt.

x-files theme
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 04:25:27 pm »

It's something to do with living in an advantageous timezone.  Probably.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 06:27:46 pm »

Well, at any rate I have seen you answer a lot of questions by now, so just that you know, it is appreciated!
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste