Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252811 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1125 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:33 am »

I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 04, 2020, 03:06:00 pm »

Zerg/Tyranid-like race mod!

They'll be called the Mantids, like the ones from World of Warcraft but with next to no relation.

Two castes: Worker Mantid and Warrior Mantid. The first can't learn military skills, and the last can't learn working skills. They're both male.

In order to obtain more citizens, you will need to order Drones (intelligent arachnids that can't learn skills) on embark, or buy them from your civ caravan. The drones will produce (summon) larvae, once per year and only two each time. These larvae can be turned into different monsters if you pasture them around a Pylon (an immobile creature) and wait for a year or two.

Spoiler: Pylons (click to show/hide)
I actually have a hive race too, but they're called scorpids and they're much simpler, only having queens, workers, and 2 types of warriors. They also live underneath deserts.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 05, 2020, 06:29:30 am »

In wait for a few mods to be updated, I've started working on Animal Diversification Project again. Incidentally, I've been overhauling dog people and giant dogs before the hiatus, so I started by making dog people able to pet dogs. What can I say, it's a dog-pet-dog world.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 05, 2020, 09:24:55 am »

When i use Green Glass this works fine. I tried Clear Glass for the first time and it crashed. Any ideas why?
Code: (reaction_other.txt) [Select]
[REACTION:CUSTOM_CART_GLASS]
    [NAME:Construct glass minecart]
    [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
    [REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:NONE:NONE:NONE][GLASS_MATERIAL]
    [PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
 [SKILL:GLASSMAKER]
Edit: okay it Used to work for green glass. But now that 7yalso crashes,  so this whole thing is broken.
Edit2: Nevermind! Found and fixed the issue.
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
Is now:
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
Works as intended now. Except the description and name just say 'minecart' i don't see the material type.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:46:18 am by Gashcozokon »

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 05, 2020, 11:47:30 am »

Ok, so it wasn't as much of a setback as I thought it was. Apparently the crash (which happened, by the way) was caused by something other than Age of Myth. I updated the beast of pride creature to use the new summoning system instead of dropping and reanimating eggs. It now creates WAY more swarmers than it used to, which is great because that's the whole point of this thing. Oh, and all the sin creatures now spread evil when they take over towns.
Could you share the code for this summoning-breeding?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 05, 2020, 07:03:17 pm »

I finished updating the LOLmod, so now all that's left for me to do is update Jawa Fortress.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 05, 2020, 07:33:11 pm »

In wait for a few mods to be updated...

What mods are you waiting for to be updated?

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 05, 2020, 10:13:36 pm »

I actually have a hive race too, but they're called scorpids and they're much simpler, only having queens, workers, and 2 types of warriors. They also live underneath deserts.

Did you release that mod? I would be happy to see similar work in order to take some inspiration :D

On a side note... Should I add something like the Genestealer Cults from WH 40K?
Would be pretty hardcore if you received a Mantid Siege, survived the giant Mawlocs (I'll give them a more original name later) and the four-armed soldiers, and after that bloodbath some of your dwarves starts conspiring against your fort.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 06, 2020, 09:05:42 am »

Considering making a race of more evil wood elves.

Not sure what to call them though.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 06, 2020, 09:37:08 am »

My species of scaly cat-people now has their own language, a modified version of the goblin one that doesn't sound as harsh.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 06, 2020, 02:42:36 pm »

Thorn elves?

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 06, 2020, 02:52:25 pm »

Trows?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 06, 2020, 03:08:43 pm »

Bob?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 06, 2020, 03:42:32 pm »

What mods are you waiting for to be updated?

ZM5's mods mostly. There's just so many summoning reactions that could be updated so that they don't require corpses, and maybe some others that can be tweaked now, that I'd rather they were implemented correctly and up to date.
I know I should get on with the times and learn the new stuff, but I'd rather not use someone else's stuff for that; I may actually start a small project just for that purpose, though I'm still not entirely sure what that would be.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 06, 2020, 04:21:47 pm »

Did you release that mod? I would be happy to see similar work in order to take some inspiration :D

On a side note... Should I add something like the Genestealer Cults from WH 40K?
Would be pretty hardcore if you received a Mantid Siege, survived the giant Mawlocs (I'll give them a more original name later) and the four-armed soldiers, and after that bloodbath some of your dwarves starts conspiring against your fort.
The scorpids are part of a mod called Age of Myth that I've been working on since 2019. It's not ready to be released yet though.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 118