Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 246717 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1230 on: April 06, 2020, 02:53:48 pm »

You could turn off necromancers in vanilla’s advanced world gen settings, and Teneb made a D&D mod.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 07, 2020, 12:46:20 am »

I've given Dragons the body plan that allow grasping, the equips tag and elf speech and a 5OOO yr lifespan.
Kobolds can now wear leather cloaks, boots and hoods and also like every single settlement type.
Only goblins are required to kill nuteral.
Cave spiders inject alcohol to incapacitate enemies.
Featherwood now has properties similar to adamantine and dwarfs can use 5 stone blocks to make a log of dwarf wood.
And trogladites are now part of the cave civ.

I love this game

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 07, 2020, 03:20:54 pm »

I've been planning on making a bunch of weapons that would only appear as artifacts, mostly references:

Not sure if I'll take this anywhere.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1233 on: April 08, 2020, 04:22:24 am »

Did some other stuff after getting done with the Doom creatures. FH factions cause why not.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1234 on: April 08, 2020, 12:56:20 pm »

I've been planning on making a bunch of weapons that would only appear as artifacts, mostly references:
Yeah it's a bit of spice, having super rare weapons. Even in fort mode could have reaction "ten yellow diamonds needed for super artifact".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmm maybe it should be 4 steel weapons sacrificed at once.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:01:29 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 08, 2020, 01:23:05 pm »

Is it possible to have benevolent megabeasts?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1236 on: April 08, 2020, 01:32:41 pm »

Not yet, the megabeast tokens have a hardcoded behavior of "kill anything that isnt a megabeast". If you talk to the ones that can speak in adventure mode and ask them how they feel about you they claim that you're the dangerous beast.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 08, 2020, 02:38:31 pm »

Not yet, the megabeast tokens have a hardcoded behavior of "kill anything that isnt a megabeast". If you talk to the ones that can speak in adventure mode and ask them how they feel about you they claim that you're the dangerous beast.

"No, Urist. You are the Megabeasts."

And then Urist was a Clown.

In order to keep on topic, I've managed to make a Iron Colossus in the shape of a six-tentacled spider with a stinger tail. Is it possible for it to inject liquid basalt into a target via the tail?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 08, 2020, 03:22:02 pm »

I’ve been thinking about Minecraft, Spongebob, or tileset modding, but I’ve been too busy lately to do much with any of that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 09, 2020, 08:44:34 pm »

Can you explain how this is done? I would like to implement this as well using my own custom weapons.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 10, 2020, 02:11:44 am »

I'm not 100% sure if it works like that, but simply not giving the weapon to any entity should do the trick. A moody weaponsmith with no favorite weapon will make a random one. Should work in worldgen too.

Also, worldgen artifacts can be made out of metals that nobody can make. Do whatever you want with this information.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 10, 2020, 02:26:40 am »

I'm not 100% sure if it works like that, but simply not giving the weapon to any entity should do the trick. A moody weaponsmith with no favorite weapon will make a random one. Should work in worldgen too.

Also, worldgen artifacts can be made out of metals that nobody can make. Do whatever you want with this information.

Ah, that seems more in line what I had thought to be the case originally. I have modded in Gemstone hammers but I don't allow any entity to use them by default, because they would end up making a "steel gemstone hammer" which defeats the whole purpose. I only allow the dwarves have a reaction to make them in certain workshops so they can made in fort mode after world-gen ends.

It would be awesome to allow for a specific "recipe" using reactions or something similar that required them to use only a specific type or types of items. I've never seen my gemstone hammers be used in a strange mood after about a month of playing with them in-game, but I always assumed that is because I didn't add them to the MOUNTAIN entity's file.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 10, 2020, 07:53:05 pm »

Angel weapons and armor can be made in strange moods, so yes, your gemstone hammer can probably be made in a strange mood, although there is a chance it's dependent on some civ having the weapon, since Angel's are an entity after all.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 12, 2020, 11:52:07 pm »

I've been working on my first major modding project: making the game harder! Most of it is just number changes to stuff that should be buffed/nerfed, but I've made a few stylistic changes as well as done my best to prevent the standard ways of cheesing the game.

List of changes:
  • I've made dwarves more vulnerable to stress in general, through a combo of several traits
  • Dwarves now learn slower, especially skills like mining and combat skills
  • Metal is now quite rare, and ores are expensive, making them more difficult to buy and more difficult to bring at embark
  • Goblins are far stronger. They have trapavoid, martial trances, feel no pain, and have exclusive access to titanium, a steel-level metal.
    They also have an ability to increase the stress of dwarves over long periods of time, making walling out sieges quite dangerous for larger forces.
  • Weaponry of goblins and dwarves have been changed up to make them more goblin-y and dwarf-y respectively. Dwarves have two new weapons, the bluntsword (imagine one of those big anime swords, but with the top two thirds lopped off), and the axehammer (exactly what it sounds like).
  • Beasts are far more terrifying. Semimegabeasts have been removed, and megabeasts have been demoted. The new megabeasts are all terrifyin constructs of metal, which I'm working on now. Currently they're a bronze dragon stolen from MW, a fuck-you version of the bronze colossus (literally just that, but steel), and a golden roc, which has been giving me trouble since the darn thing actually has jibbly bits. Might also make some kind of metal GCS that spews something absurd. Oh yeah, also I gave everything trapavoid, no more catching megabeasts in cages.
  • Cavern creatures are changed as well, though only mildly. I made GCS and cave dragons much more common, and made the latter trapavoid.
  • Farming is also heavily nerfed; crop grow times are greatly increased and crop max yields are decreased.
I plan to buff elves to make them less funny/annoying and more cultural oppressors and tyrants under the guise of peace, probably with some elf-only metal and the revoking of their wood weapons and armor, because that's dumb. I might also make them less in numbers civ-wise but make them have natural combat prowess and the likes.

Other than the metal beasts, the one thing I've yet to fully hammer out is the goblin stress-inducing interaction, which I don't think works through walls in spite of goblins having extravision. I suspect it's something to do with my USAGE_HINT, but if I remove the usage hint then I might get stuck with a goblin performance troupe stressing all my dwarves out. Then again, that would be pretty funny, and shouldn't be a huge issue; I only intend for the stress to be harsh with large numbers of goblins camping outside my gates for a few seasons.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1244 on: April 13, 2020, 02:47:53 am »

although there is a chance it's dependent on some civ having the weapon, since Angel's are an entity after all.
I think this might actually be the case, I added in some weapons that no entity has access to (either being crafting-only or lucky dice roll-only) and many worldgens in I've not seen any of them be made as artifacts.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 118