Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252635 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1245 on: April 13, 2020, 04:23:09 am »

They also have an ability to increase the stress of dwarves over long periods of time, making walling out sieges quite dangerous for larger forces.[/li][/list]
    Fascinating. Could I borrow the stressifying feature for OldGenesis beastmen and mind flayers? I almost-never build a wall or bridge to keep the enemies away, since "enemy army destroys wall" feature hasn't been programmed yet.

Should elves have war-trained giant birds with a spit(drop burning torch) attack interaction?
    The elf war eagle drops a rude engraving! Your dwarf gets an anxiety syndrome!

Turbo ents? (30 tons)

Estoc, the blunt anti-armor twohander. https://historycollection.co/16-terrifying-bladed-weapons-in-history/2/
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:31:15 am by TomiTapio »
    ==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
    47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
    OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
    My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1246 on: April 14, 2020, 04:09:13 am »

Cats now spread infectious joy to my stress prone wild dwarves. Still experimenting, but theoretically will give them a wide range of behaviour issues that they can spread to their friends which should keep them deliriously happy and breeding like rabbits. Let's see how this plays out.

--
    A couple of years in, no-one's stressed, people are actually making new friends and all the starting seven are sleeping with the manager.
    So that seems to have worked nicely.
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:32:17 am by Shonai_Dweller »

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • i should really migrate my saves...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1247 on: April 17, 2020, 06:27:35 pm »

I, someone who has never modded anything before in my life, am currently staring at RAWs and contemplating replacing dwarves with dragons, Flight Rising style.
    Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
    After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1248 on: April 17, 2020, 09:30:29 pm »

In order to keep on topic, I've managed to make a Iron Colossus in the shape of a six-tentacled spider with a stinger tail. Is it possible for it to inject liquid basalt into a target via the tail?

1. That's awesome.

2. It should be.

Spoiler: Give it this attack... (click to show/hide)

That SHOULD do the trick, but I literally just whipped it up in like...five minutes, so I don't actually know if it'll work. Let me know if it does happen to work. I kinda like that idea lol.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1249 on: April 18, 2020, 08:23:39 pm »

I, someone who has never modded anything before in my life, am currently staring at RAWs and contemplating replacing dwarves with dragons, Flight Rising style.
    Good way to start. Do something outrageous, then spend the next couple of years of modding time trying to balance everything else to work with it.

Your tavern brawls are going to be.....brief.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
    • *Not actually Nordic
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1250 on: April 19, 2020, 10:59:19 am »

They also have an ability to increase the stress of dwarves over long periods of time, making walling out sieges quite dangerous for larger forces.[/li][/list]
      Fascinating. Could I borrow the stressifying feature for OldGenesis beastmen and mind flayers? I almost-never build a wall or bridge to keep the enemies away, since "enemy army destroys wall" feature hasn't been programmed yet.
      Oh shoot, didn't see that till now. And sure, I'd be glad to contribute; OldGenesis was actually the first mod I ever played! Here's a pastebin link. It's honestly a bit wonky with how it works; it's currently a greeting that targets only dwarves, since the other USAGE_HINT tokens don't seem to work through walls like they should. Shouldn't be an issue with mind flayers and beastmen. Using it on things that might actually show up or end up as peaceful could be problematic, though. Be warned that I also have yet to balance it, though I imagine you'll be making a fair amount of changes to the exact numbers and the likes anyways.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
      • OldGenesis since 2012
        • View Profile
        • My Flickr animal photos
      « Reply #1251 on: April 20, 2020, 07:00:25 am »

Yeah we got in peaceful orcs and goblin-like orcs in OldGenesis. And three goblin subspecies(creatures), goblin, groblin(cruder, less metals), gobline(scholarly). And Yeti poets. Can't put Demoralize_Siege_Taunt interaction on all orc creatures.

Adjusted the interaction a little:
      "If no hint is specified, the interaction will be used whenever a valid target is available. Verify"
      Spoiler (click to show/hide)
      Don't see the greeting usage hint.
      « Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:04:21 am by TomiTapio »
      ==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
      47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
      OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
      My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
        • github
      « Reply #1252 on: April 20, 2020, 11:59:07 am »

Created a spreadsheet of species and their corresponding heights the other day for my project. Going to use it to 'standardize' my species' sizes based on how much they differ from one 'baseline' size, ie. X is z% bigger than Y, multiply Y's size by z% to get X's size. Anyone have any idea on the best way to come up with my baseline size? The sizes I'm working with are in height, not cm^3, so currently I'm thinking I'll have to just estimate what a certain size would equate to. Later on I'll probably make some adjustments based on how 'big' the species is based on testing and personal observations of the artwork itself.
      'ere the Chias get hungry...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1253 on: April 20, 2020, 12:10:27 pm »

Well, if you have both a height in m (from your spreadsheet) and a size in cm^3 (from DF's raws) for some creature A, then if another creature B is k times as tall as A according to your spreadsheet, then the size you should enter in that creature's raws would be about k^3 times the size of A.
      Quote from: KittyTac
      The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
      Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
      The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1254 on: April 21, 2020, 01:55:57 am »

Good way to start. Do something outrageous, then spend the next couple of years of modding time trying to balance everything else to work with it.

Your tavern brawls are going to be.....brief.
      Particularly given the size discrepancies between some of the breeds :o it is entirely possible for the largest dragons to accidentally ingest the smaller dragons
      After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
      • Deep Sixed.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1255 on: April 21, 2020, 04:15:06 am »

In order to keep on topic, I've managed to make a Iron Colossus in the shape of a six-tentacled spider with a stinger tail. Is it possible for it to inject liquid basalt into a target via the tail?

1. That's awesome.

2. It should be.

Spoiler: Give it this attack... (click to show/hide)

That SHOULD do the trick, but I literally just whipped it up in like...five minutes, so I don't actually know if it'll work. Let me know if it does happen to work. I kinda like that idea lol.

Yeah, that's worked. Using its current raws, it took down something like twenty to thirty fully equipped dwarves (all skills at 'accomplished', all armour and weapons were iron) without dying. Steel axes and such take it down easy, though - died in a few seconds to ten dwarves with the same loadout after they got upgraded to steel.

Thanks for the help.
      I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Lurksquatch

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1256 on: April 22, 2020, 02:41:33 pm »

Yeah, that's worked. Using its current raws, it took down something like twenty to thirty fully equipped dwarves (all skills at 'accomplished', all armour and weapons were iron) without dying. Steel axes and such take it down easy, though - died in a few seconds to ten dwarves with the same loadout after they got upgraded to steel.

Thanks for the help.

I'm glad I could help! You should be able to use that as a template to help make other odd/horrific creatures.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1257 on: April 22, 2020, 07:03:58 pm »

i have assembled a document with the relevant body parts for dragons and added some more details since they are gonna be playable. namely wing joints.
      i would like to reiterate i have no gd idea what i'm doing, and even less idea of how i'm gonna shuffle these parts to make the different breeds.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1258 on: April 22, 2020, 07:26:57 pm »

i have assembled a document with the relevant body parts for dragons and added some more details since they are gonna be playable. namely wing joints.
      i would like to reiterate i have no gd idea what i'm doing, and even less idea of how i'm gonna shuffle these parts to make the different breeds.
      Wings? Oh. I suspect you're going to run into hideous pathing issues if you make a flying playable civ. Will be fun in Adventurer though.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #1259 on: April 22, 2020, 11:57:34 pm »

Wings? Oh. I suspect you're going to run into hideous pathing issues if you make a flying playable civ. Will be fun in Adventurer though.
      I Shall Keep That In Mind.
      the best/worst part is that there's gonna be multiple breeds of many different sizes. probably only the smaller breeds will be predominantly fliers, and there's a few that are fully terrestrial.
      « Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:33:05 am by nezclaw »

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 118