Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252546 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1320 on: June 20, 2020, 08:02:24 pm »

Stance tail? For real farming in fortmode you need DFHACK, but for add mussels and algae to caravans you need only some tokens.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 20, 2020, 08:13:05 pm »

well the thing was that since they would change to [Amphibian] they would be able to do work while on water tiles. so was thinking on something like making some sort of crop farming. like, growing Kelp/Algae, breeing mussels/clams/barnacles, growing coral polyps to produce coral stone. im not sure if that's something that can be done with the vanilla tools, i dont even know if playable entities in fortress mode can make use of workshops while on flooded terrain.

also, from what i read these kind of custom civilizations dont have sites so not sure how they would expand on worldgen? its all very new to me, i just modified the vanilla races using the All Races Playable mod as a base and reference then started making my own tweaks to the game like changing certain propeties on livestock or balancing goblins and elves.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:15:32 pm by xaritscin »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1322 on: June 21, 2020, 04:00:23 am »

Legless creatures can move around normally, they just won't crawl on the ground unless forced to.
Also, what do you mean by "also, from what i read these kind of custom civilizations dont have sites so not sure how they would expand on worldgen?"? Custom races can be set to have different site types and they will expand, you're just limited to the sites used by the races in vanilla.
If you're only referring to cave civs then yes, they'll only have their starting cave as a site and won't make new sites (though they may take over ruins of sites).

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 29, 2020, 05:20:13 pm »

Came back to Ravenloft compendium despite realizing why I was never a big fan of the setting while loving its general idea. It's not about that though, because the creature I'm working on right now is one of the few that I like.

The broken ones are essentially the beastmen of Dr. Moreau let loose on the Demiplane of Dread; grotesque hybrids of man and animal living miserable life, shunned by normal folks, banding together under the tyrannical rule of other, more powerful broken ones.
There are two general versions divided into specific castes:
-Regular - generally smaller than a human, with mutations and disfigurements that are mostly detrimental. They live max 50 years. Commoners are called wretches, and recruits are looters.
     *ratman - a very basic caste with rat-like teeth and tail. Smaller than a dwarf.
     *crowman - a caste with just one functional hand. Learns manual labors and combat skills slowly because its arm is misshapen and spastic.
     *snakeman - a hairless caste with no nose or ears, and just one lung
     *catman - a caste with claws. Important stuff is mostly description
     *toadman - a caste with green skin and fast swimming gait. Its land speed is somewhat lower than in most broken ones
     !The remaining ones aren't even fully envisioned yet.!
     *goatman
     *pigman
     *roachman
     *wolfman
     *baboonman
-Greater - superior to humans in some way, be it strength, venomous stinger or sheer size. Due to their objective superiority they are more aggressive and ambitious than their common brethren, though not a bit less intelligent. They are the rulers of broken communities. Commoners are blaggards, recruits are pillagers. They live about as long as humans.
     *scorpionman
     *eagleman
     *gorillaman
     *lionman
     *carpman/sharkman

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 03, 2020, 04:16:33 pm »

Playing with Spellcrafts again. Can't do secret interactions linked to syndromes for mundane spells because of the bug with multiple secrets associated with a sphere.

Racial and civ-specific powers is still in the works. Because it's hard, and requires additional creativity, and ive run into a sort o of writers block. I've been slowly recreating the missing civs/races that got fucked up in the transition from .44_12 to .47_x. I want to give them unique powers and reactions too.

I wanted to add more creatures made of plant materials, but ran out of ideas. The blight sphere can now raise dead plant-creatures as undead. They behave like regular zombies right now, but made of plant stuff.

Sadly you can't have raw-modded necromancer civs at all it seems. Modded secrets can build tower complexes full of undead where they store the slab, but I have no way to create a civ association and thus they don't go out and conquer the world. Which sucks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 01, 2020, 11:51:46 pm »

Its been a loooong while since I've actually done anything but quite a bit of personal stuff has happened which was the reason for my silence. The MH mod is still being worked on, and the Fatalis update announcement for MHW:I was just the motivation I need to continue working on it, not to imply I'd ever stop working on it without letting people know first. It ain't over until I say its over after all, lol.
Other than that, I've been practicing quite a bit on my modding skills and since it's September now, I.E. Halloween season, I've got a special spooky total conversion project cooking that I've been intending on making since the very moment I joined this forum. I'm not gonna give too much away, but I hope that these screenshots are enough to make you all figure out what exactly it is.  ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While I'm not usually one to decide release dates, I'm planning on releasing this specific mod sometime either this month or in October. Either way, I hope you all will enjoy what I have in store...
And so, the hunt begins again.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1326 on: September 02, 2020, 08:08:35 am »

Tried out the CE_SPECIAL_ATTACK_INTERACTION token that the 47.x ghouls use while I was making the Sprites from Kingdoms of Amalur - easier to set up than I expected and works well.

Buffed up the Sprite with all 3 champion variants and the different interaction effects all take place at the same time from just one attack, so there's some possible devilish uses for it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 02, 2020, 02:18:47 pm »

Have to start making graphical sprites. I am notoriously bad at this, but as per the FotF response, anything that doesn't have sprites won't show up, unless I want to reuse vanilla sprites and confuse players. I'll be honest, I've been putting this off the whole time I've been doing DF modding, because I suck at it. But it's not going to be optional anymore.

I did make a golem yesterday. Theres only one variant, bronze golem with a sword and a crossbow (they have an interaction to fire bronze globs, which should be dangerous enough). I'm trying to put a special rune on them which counts as their brain, is a small, external body part made of obsidian on their upper body. It works if you hit it with an edged weapon like an iron axe, but not an iron mace. That just glances off. They're "skilled" fighters in all disciplines.

They won 21 out of 26 matches against equally skilled humans wearing iron armor and steel halberds (I figure the halberd simulates most large slashing, stabbing and smacking attacks). Those who won had one or no major injuries, the golems tended to suffer several lost body parts or serious injuries.
So they're tough. Now I just need to write up a construction/summoning reaction and interaction to produce them in-game.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:26:16 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 02, 2020, 05:16:54 pm »

Have to start making graphical sprites. I am notoriously bad at this, but as per the FotF response, anything that doesn't have sprites won't show up, unless I want to reuse vanilla sprites and confuse players. I'll be honest, I've been putting this off the whole time I've been doing DF modding, because I suck at it. But it's not going to be optional anymore.

I did make a golem yesterday. Theres only one variant, bronze golem with a sword and a crossbow (they have an interaction to fire bronze globs, which should be dangerous enough). I'm trying to put a special rune on them which counts as their brain, is a small, external body part made of obsidian on their upper body. It works if you hit it with an edged weapon like an iron axe, but not an iron mace. That just glances off. They're "skilled" fighters in all disciplines.

They won 21 out of 26 matches against equally skilled humans wearing iron armor and steel halberds (I figure the halberd simulates most large slashing, stabbing and smacking attacks). Those who won had one or no major injuries, the golems tended to suffer several lost body parts or serious injuries.
So they're tough. Now I just need to write up a construction/summoning reaction and interaction to produce them in-game.
ASCII/regular tileset version comes with Steam. If there's no sprites in your mod, just call it a non-graphical mod. Shouldn't ever force yourself to start doing something you don't enjoy just because the masses are demanding it.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 03, 2020, 04:07:37 pm »

Taking a break from LCM and coming back to Animalia.

Giraffes needed a big overhaul - in vanilla they have no hooves and their horns are, well, horns. With Animalia they will have their hooves, and their horns will be made of bone and covered with skin. I also gave them a headbutt attack that's supposed to reflect the neck wrestling between males. It's a secondary attack because it's not actually used against predators.

Finishing off canines, I took a look back at giant wolves. Almost 500k is nothing to scoff at, but it seemed too little. Now giant wolves will weight about a tonne. Same for red and arctic wolves. Dholes and African wild dogs also got a significant size boost, if someone prefers their elven wolf riders Indian or African themed.

Starting reviewing goats. Goat and sheep men can attack with their horns, and giant versions can be used as pack animals should elves get their hands on some.

EDIT:
Some Slay the Spire stuff: red lice are in. They can grow properly increasing their strength, length and broadness. Unlike its green cousin it can't spit webs, but can still curl up.
Acid slime is also in. It's meant to represent large slimes and is able to spit blistering slime that it's also filled with. It's basically a beefed up cave blob.
Spike slime - teal slime that can cut off limbs with its "lick" attack

EDIT:
I did it, I managed to recreate the fungi beast from Slay the Spire in an acceptable way! It's slightly bigger than a large rat because of the fungal parts, and attacking its mushroom's cap releases spores that cause vulnerability which is meant to simulate its on-death effect. It can also grow like the red louse and should be able to survive beheading; the real head is the cap.

Jaw worm was simple - I didn't even have to make any special parts, just a simple self-buff interaction for "bellow" ability.

That concludes the non-civilized act I common enemies. Lagavulin is gonna be fun.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 17, 2020, 04:40:01 am »

Having fun with Cavern Fauna right now.

I had been stuck for a while because I didn't feel making anything too complex, but I eased myself into it by starting with something easy - moldswine are large animals resembling tusked tapirs, or maybe miniature elephants. They are benign grazers that hang out in large herds.

Moldmen are humanoids composed of fuzzy blue mold. They are driven by the need to consume, though they are neither skilled fighters nor built for fighting.

Tenders are small crab-like creatures that grow mushrooms on their backs. While they are not aggressive, they can spray spores that cause blood cough and fever.

Mold slimes are just that, giant patches of slime mold. Not much more to say about these.

Skullslugs are simillar to mold slimes but smaller and with a skull that acts as a shell.

Fungal nymphs are humanoid with grasping tentacles instead of arms, mycelium for hair, a mushroom cap serving as a hat. Their only facial feature is a pair of large glowing eyes. They are gentle and friendly, but can defend themselves using the Sporelung spell that fills the enemy's lungs with spores causing blood cough and decreased endurance. They can also heal their friends, though some may find the process disturbing.

Fungans are semi-sentient fungi that attain humanoid shape by clinging to skeletons. Regular fungans are little threat to an armed soldier. A fungan mage can fire magic missiles, but in melee it's not much different from regular fungans. Fungan marauders are clad in metal armor and hold iron swords that they can use with some efficiency. Fungan juggernauts grow around troll skeletons complete with horns and tusks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 23, 2020, 04:37:22 pm »

Working on chimeras. Successfully made a traditional lion/goat/snake chimera. Also partially completed a kangaroo/owl/scorpion chimera. Frog/snake chimera still sitting there being lame.

Gonna fix that weird sleeproot/dream ale issue. It's easy to poison people in adventure mode by giving them a mug full of whatever, it doesn't have to be a drink mat. So there's no need to continue ruining everyone's forts by letting them accidentally serve dream ale to people.

Also, vutchnell will be getting a racial power that severely weakens serpents (including the semi-megabeast I have and all the other serpents or snakes in the game), in lieu of Riki Tiki Tavi, as they are canonically mongoose people. Familairs have proven an efficient means to spread racial powers among a forts population, even though melting clothes and alcohol have not been particularly reliable. Still working on all the racial powers of course.

There's an ongoing issue with being able to cast the self-meditation interaction on an individual multiple times even though it's flagged as cannot_target_if_already_affected and has a permanent effect that should preclude recasting it. Not sure what's going on there. You're only supposed to get one chance at gaining powers, and not everyone is supposed to have innate magical powers

Oh, I also made a new civ with access to every item, weapon, armor, reaction, animal etc in the game and some new cheating reactions to produce stuff for free. This helps me quickly test if things are working. But it's also fun to quickly produce hoards of steel equipment and bully other civs. One of these days I should test what happens if I conquer an entire world.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:27:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1332 on: October 10, 2020, 12:59:38 pm »

Does anyone know of potential causes for crashes occurring when in evil biomes in adventure mode? I've been having those for a while now and I still don't really know what causes them, I've got regional interactions and weather disabled.
I'm suspecting something relating to trees given the last time I've asked about the issue the other person mentioned cave-ins happening in the save I provided (and me having a similar crash issue elsewhere), but I'm still wondering what exactly causes the random cave-ins from trees (I'm sure some other people have seen this happen in Elf forest retreats).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 10, 2020, 01:47:20 pm »

I would first check all the creatures that appear in evil biomes in arena mode and see if any cause a crash on spawning them.

I've also had issues with plants that use creature materials. If you have any, test those in the arena too
I make Spellcrafts!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1334 on: October 10, 2020, 02:02:07 pm »

Nope on either (currently creatures are off - I only moved the trees and plants to a fresh install) - though, doing some testing on my own it seemed that a particular type of cactus-type evil desert tree was causing a crash? I'll have to check its raws and cross-reference them. Gonna check some other evil biomes as well.

EDIT: Nnnope, so taking out [WET] from the cactus/spire type "trees" wasn't it, still occurs with something else. I thought at first it could also be the organic materials like brain/nerve/eye/muscle tissue but then I remembered if that were the case I'd be crashing everywhere from fleshy trees underground. Hmmm.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 03:21:51 pm by ZM5 »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 118