Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252766 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1380 on: January 29, 2021, 03:55:42 am »

The slow and horrible process of determining what the hell is breaking embarks with one particular files for my mod. Nearest that has been determined so far is that it's definitely the cave plant file, and probably the trees.

I've never had to fix such an issue before, and I hate it.

A long time ago I had an issue with plants that produced animal milk and cheese. Do you have any made of materials with animal tokens or maybe inorganics?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 29, 2021, 04:25:32 am »

The slow and horrible process of determining what the hell is breaking embarks with one particular files for my mod. Nearest that has been determined so far is that it's definitely the cave plant file, and probably the trees.

I've never had to fix such an issue before, and I hate it.

A long time ago I had an issue with plants that produced animal milk and cheese. Do you have any made of materials with animal tokens or maybe inorganics?

It was an issue with one of the mushroom trees I added. Something to do with the cap being too big or something.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 29, 2021, 11:03:13 am »

And now I'm already pondering the rabbit hole that is featherwork, upon trying to decide whether I can add any other good uses for feathers in my mod.

I might even add it to fortress mode too, but I'd need to see if items made out of feathers will stockpile or not...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #1383 on: January 31, 2021, 01:18:46 pm »

Last night I wrote a little java tool to take 3 CSV files containing personality/attribute information and turn it into a big bunch of raws. Got it to run successfully last night and now it's a whole lot of copy-pasta today.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 02, 2021, 02:06:48 pm »

This time my material emissions didn't work as intended. I was trying to do some kind of poisonous gas/stink breath attack for a dragon variant, messed around with some material templates and thought that I was good to go. End result: the dwarves used for target practice spontaneously combusted and upon death they released a new cloud of the poisonous vapor or something, not quite sure what, but it wasn't smoke (which was also around). At least the emotions attached to the syndrome worked, as they were screaming "How disgusting!" while in flames.

Guess I'm still in the early stages of learning stuff, but I'll save this unintentional effect just in case I later want to do something similar.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 03, 2021, 02:56:41 am »

FORTRESS OF THE APES!

The small mod will add a hostile civilization composed of humanoid apes:

Chimpanzees - dwarf-sized apes with high strength and intelligence, learning every skill at 150%. They are the leaders of apekind known for their violent and cruel nature.

Gorillas- larger than humans, and stronger than chimpanzees; those brutes are a proud warrior caste of the apes. They learn basic combat skills and intimidation at 150%. Males are slightly larger than females.

Orangutans - human-sized apes with philosophical minds. They have chimp-like strength, slightly lower intelligence, and higher mental attributes. They learn scholar skills and doctoring at 150%.

Bonobos - slightly smaller than dwarves and weaker than chimpanzees, those apes generally dislike conflict. They are creative and dexterous, which makes them natural at craftsapeship which they learn faster than most. They also thrive in social situations and, being what they are, are extremely lustful.

Gibbons - small apes that aren't much different physically than their animalistic ancestors. They are playful creatures that excel as entertainers and artists. They are fast and agile, though their small size and relatively low strength make them lousy haulers. Lastly, they are rather carefree, not easily broken by the grim reality of ape-dwarf wars.

I have the creature nearly finished, juust hair and skin colors left.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 05, 2021, 08:23:26 pm »

I'm thinking of making Gelding result in parts.

Then starting a fortress in a haunted biome (or by a necro. tower).

(EVIL LAUGH)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #1387 on: February 05, 2021, 09:01:14 pm »

(EVIL LAUGH)
ahahaha do it :P

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1388 on: February 07, 2021, 09:16:47 am »

Feel free to use the genitals and breasts from older OldGenesis versions to add "reaalism" to your worlds  :-X :-[
I don't think the gelding feature can be modified, but butchering gives the organs like lungs and hearts.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 07, 2021, 09:00:31 pm »

I was just gonna say, I dont think gelding will knock parts off a creature, not even pop-off parts like teeth. Parts made of materials that dissolve and cause a second attached limb to fall off once they break do work though. I used that to "summon" creatures until the actual summon creatures interaction was added, just use a transformation into the critter that falls apart.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #1390 on: February 08, 2021, 04:29:57 pm »

Feel free to use the genitals and breasts from older OldGenesis versions to add "reaalism" to your worlds  :-X :-[
I don't think the gelding feature can be modified, but butchering gives the organs like lungs and hearts.
speaking of, OldGenesis has become a bit of an inspiration for me. I keep finding myself going, "hmm how can I implement this correctly?" and referring to all the notes and goodies in OldGenesis. Most recent example is creature behaviors through the SOUND token. I'd just been keeping the thought in the back of my mind, and I'd wanted to know what yours and Deon's take was on the mannerisms tokens, and I noticed in the civilized creature file you'd done exactly what I'd been thinking with the SOUND token! Good stuff and it's all much appreciated!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1391 on: February 09, 2021, 08:36:10 am »

Thanks. Yes, OldGenesis has one millionnn fine-tunings, to make the game better for myself.

What does the Fox say
   [SOUND:ALERT:22:2000:VOCALIZATION:bark:barks:a bark]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:33:40000:VOCALIZATION:barkbark:barkbarks:a four-bark call]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tip: adventure mode is better when SOUND messages alert you to busy town / bandit camp.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 09, 2021, 08:55:20 am »

What does the Fox say
   [SOUND:ALERT:22:2000:VOCALIZATION:bark:barks:a bark]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:33:40000:VOCALIZATION:barkbark:barkbarks:a four-bark call]

SaveAFox YouTube channel, where one can hear plenty of fox vocalization.
Sorry, just being nitpicky :P.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1393 on: February 09, 2021, 04:08:34 pm »

Genned up a world to test the Crawl stuff, more or less done with it, annnnnd...

I'm so done.

It went for a double too, because once wasn't good enough.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 04:10:26 pm by ZM5 »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 10, 2021, 10:58:21 am »

At least we know that about 900 bats are having a good time.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 118