Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252768 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1425 on: April 24, 2021, 06:55:51 am »

Creatures I've made a while ago:
-Fire rat - a rodent smaller than a large rat, but much larger than a regular rat. It lives in magma, but is easily lured with food. Its red pelt is highly valuable.

-Jeweled loong - an intelligent dragon with shimmering emerald scales. 5M in size, it is much smaller than its vanilla cousin, and lacks the ability to breathe fire. Instead it breathes clouds of jade dust that causes blood cough when inhales. It's a semimegabeast that dwells in shrines, and so.etimes in lairs. When killed, it retreats into the jade orb on its neck, creating a masterwork large dragon jade

Some new creatures:

-Cowry swallow - a bird mostly encased in a spotted, porcelain-shaped shell. It nests on seaside cliffs of savage areas. They can be butchered like knucke worms, which will hopefully result in usable shells. There is also a giant variant.

-Maned saurofowl - a large bird with a pair of short arms instead of wings. It's content peacefully foraging for small animals, fruit and tubers, but it will defend itself if provoked. Can be used as a mount. Inspired mostly by Planescape's abrians.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 28, 2021, 03:11:54 am »

There were a couple of Elder Scrolls mods in the history of DF. The old Dwemer Fortress mod was great but is now outdated; the more recent one had, frankly, half-assed creatures, and some other design choices I don't agree with. I've decided to add my own version to my ever-expanding list of projects.

So far I've been working on guars:
-Guar - a bipedal reptile commonly used as a mount and pack animal. Comes in many colors from Albino White to Akaviri Potentate Black, with various other in between. Wild ones, while not actively predatory, should fight back when threatened.

-Tiger guar - a rare species from savage areas. It is aggressive and predatory, also larger than common guars. Can be trained, if one can get their hands on one of those elusive beasts.

-Circus guar - Bal Foyen circus guar differs from common guars exclusively in coloration. As a breed created through selective breeding, it des not appear in the wild. I may restrict it to Argonians.

-Skyfire guar - a vibrantly colored wild guar from tropical wetlands. It is slightly smaller than common guars, and prefers to run away rather than fighting.

-Frostbane guar - native to southern Skyrim, this furry guar is magically warded from cold. It can be encountered in temperate forests and taigas. I may make it a pet to nords and atmorans.

-Valorous guar - a spirit of a brave guar that returned from Sovngarde in flesh. It is fearless and fights fiercely like a tiger guar, although it won't go out of its way to harm others. It is also immune to curses, necromantic magic, and the effects of cold. Appears in good mountain.

-Pony guar - a small breed of guar bred for companionship. It is useful for vermin control, but due to its size, it can't carry goods. Doesn't appear in the wilds. I may restrict it to Dunmer and Chimer.

-Alit - a voracious cousin of guars, eating anything that can fit in its huge, toad-like, toooth-filled maw, and that includes unwary travellers.

-Kagouti - a huge reptile with tusks, horns, and a frill. It is an extremely dangerous predator that hunts alone or in small packs in a variett of environments. Hunting kagouti for their horns and ivory should be done by skilled warriors.

This is by no means a complete list of guars, as I haven't made construct, flora, and atronach forms, or wormmouths and guar-lizards.

I sorta have an idea what to do with kwama: foragers and workers are genderless, underdeveloped forms; workers can be milked for scrib jelly, that is a partially digested fungus rather than crushed scribs, and can be made into scuttle by cheesemakers. Kwama warriors are fully-formed males, while queens are breeding females. Babies of all castes are called scribs, although they will have the body plans of adults, as DF doesn't support metamorphosis.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 29, 2021, 02:19:41 pm »

Just casually adding Uranium into DF

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 29, 2021, 03:15:16 pm »

Been working on a setting overhaul thing that amounts to Discount Dan brand tiberium mutated world I'm call The Shard Wastes.

So far so good on a lot of stuff, I've finished the monoliths (shard trees,) shard bed and chipgrass, melee weapons, and partially finished one factions' creature, which I should be done with shortly.

Biggest issue I'll have is shard monoliths and grasses showing up where I'd rather they not in good biomes.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 30, 2021, 01:25:20 am »

More guars!

-Deadlands guar - a guar that escaped Mehrunes Dagon's plane of Oblivion, but not before being changed into a new form. It is an evil creature with violent tendencies, perfect mount for goblins.

-Glowgill guar - an unusual species of guar capable of breathing underwater. It can be encountered in all bodies of water in tropical regions. Pet of the Maormer.

-Hist guar - a rare species that lives only in savage swamps. It has been changed by hist trees for unknown purposes, which replaced its blood with luminescent hist sap. The sap causes dizziness and slowdown in every creature that touches it, but also increases recuperation, effects inspired by Sleeping Tree sap from Skyrim.

Next will be the nocturnal shadowghost guar, spooky Hollowjack rider guar, and the bizarre guar-lizard, and the fungal gloomspore guar. I'd like to conclude guars already and move to, let's say, trolls, but alas.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 30, 2021, 09:39:25 pm »

I didn't know they had so many fucking guar. I only knew about the wild ones, alit, and the pygmy ones
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 01, 2021, 03:45:19 am »

Most of those are pets and mounts from ESO, so there's a good chance they are not even canon. Tiger guars were mentioned on Bethesda website at some point, but they never appeared in any game. Kagouti, alits, wormmouths and fanged gouti/wickeders/bounders/clawrunners may not be actual guars, but they are said to be related. Bantam guars and scuttlers are similar, but actually related to cliff racers.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1432 on: May 02, 2021, 10:28:34 am »

Making gun-lances for Angels from Darksiders - decided to have "energized bullets" that cause piercing damage as a stand-in for the energy bolts they fired in the game itself.
I may have overdid their power a bit, they feel like .50cals whenever they hit anything, despite being smaller than bolts or arrows.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: May 04, 2021, 11:54:56 pm »

Still working on the tiles for Primal, wanted to share this preview of some of the completed dinosaurs running in Meph's tileset.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Although, come to think of it, that last one isn't actually a dinosaur.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:57:32 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: May 05, 2021, 11:33:06 am »

Ya boi caomin' at 'cha with more guars!

-Detritus guar - actually Hollowjack Rider guar, this creature is a minor daedra taking a familiar shape of a guar to serve Hollowjack's headless horsemen as a mount in swampy and heavily wooded areas. It is an evil creature, but it's not much different in behavior from a mundane guar.

-Guar-lizard - an iguana twisted into a guar-like form by Hist trees to serve as mounts to the Argonians. Argonians already raise guars that fare well on marshy terrain, so what's the point of guar-lizards? Nobody knows. The lizards aren't grazers, and lay more eggs than guars.

-Wormmouth - a creature smaller than a guar, but larger than a pony guar. It has a beaked mouth that it uses to tear into the flesh of its prey. It can be encountered in mountains and deserts.

-Clawrunner - also known as the fanged gouti, this horned monster is only a little smaller than a true kagouti. Instead of individual teeth, it possesses fused plates akin to those of a turtle, but more massive. They inhabit mountains.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1435 on: May 09, 2021, 08:06:11 am »

Going on in OldGenesis modding:

still trying to get right stress balance (blood spatter[dwarf,person,animal blood are different] angst,
four alcohol types happy, STRESS_VULN parameter).
Want 15% population quite stressed after we lose 10 citizens to enemy invasion. Don't want 45% of pop stressed.

[PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:10:78:100] adjusted 2020-04, increased 2021-02 for 47.05, increased more, reduced twice 2021-05
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 08:07:58 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 10, 2021, 03:38:10 pm »

I'm about 50% done with Primal's tileset, and I've started planning out making tiles for my other mods. Veterinarian Golems and WillowLuman's Daleks should be trivial after I finish Primal (especially with the Dalek sprite Willow already made.), so I'll probably upload the sets for all three of those at the same time. Then I'll do my Assorted Creatures Pack as practice before finally tackling Jawa Fortress, if all goes as planned.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 14, 2021, 02:49:35 pm »

well screwed around with the concept of a merfolk necromancer fort and noticing how it's doable with no creature raw changes on merfolks, just get necromancy on one adventurer then just periodically resurrect the dead air drown citizens to get them to work.
this also leads to learning that merfolks wear boots on their tails and stand and walk around on them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 19, 2021, 04:33:13 am »

Animals for miscellaneous creature pack!

Saurofowl - birds with long necks, and arms instead of wings:
-Maned saurofowl - most basic species, larger than an ostrich. Elves may use them as mounts. Grazers found in grasslands and desert. The mane is just a part of description
-Woolly saurofowl - an arctic species covered with a thick layer of down. Smaller than the maned variety, but still a mount candidate. Its feathers can be sheared for soft grey cloth. Grazer.
-Vulturine saurofowl - a small species slightly larger than a turkey. Catches vermin and lays a respectable amount of eggs. Can be wncountered in teopical shrublands and savannas.

Flederhounds - giant flightless bats, mostly slow ambush predators:
-Brown flederhound - the most basic species, found in temperate forests. Lives alone or small groups. Trainable.
-Black flederhound - similar to its brown cousin, but larger, and found in temperate wetlands.
-White flederhound - a tropical variant. Unlike its cousins, it is fast and agile, hunting in packs. It is smaller than brown variant, but arguaby a better hunting companion because it's far less sluggish.
-Vampire flederhound - the smallest species, encountered in tropical forests and shrublands. I think? Frankly, I don't remember. Drains large amounts of blood.

Hyperborean megafauna - gigantic arctig beasts, that's all:
-Balmung - a stout, rhino-like beast with woolly coat. It's horn is sword-shaped and razor sharp. Peaceful unless disturbed. Can be tamed for its wool, and as a war beast.
-Boreox - a colossal bovine, larger than an elephant. It makes for horrible livestock due to the sheer amount of grass it requiresq. Herds of those animals can be seen in tundras and on glaciers. The most daring hunters can obtain not only massive piles of meat, but also wool.l
-Gacial mammoth - a snow-white mammoth with tusks made of ice. Lives in tundras and on glaciers. Shearable, but poor livestock due to its size and slow maturing.
- Scimithere - a massive saber-toothed cat. Lives in tundras and taigas. Nithing exceptionally interesting about this one. Good hunting partner and war animal, and also mount if any civilization manages to domesticate it.
Saberwarg - a large saber-toothed wolf; a deadly pack hunter that roams the cold regions of the world. Trainable and mount.

I've also came up with pseudoscientific names for my creatures; these will not appear in game, but intrepid raw crawlers will be able to see them.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 28, 2021, 01:27:41 am »

Primal's tileset has just passed 75% complete! I'll probably have it ready for release in three weeks or so.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 118