Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 119

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 253946 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1470 on: July 26, 2021, 06:51:16 am »

Going to attempt to reuse Putnam's Projectile expansion script and projectile reactionary interaction dfhack scripts in order to make contact explosive siege ammunition (some explosive "stones" and rocket ballistae ammos) but i have creature definitions to fix first for the setting which is taking veeeery long time.

All going well else, a few set aside stones made out of barrels and gunpowder could even be dangled off the ceiling for stone-drop traps, or i can catapult-fling specially etched rocks which invoke a particuar effects like stunning on impact; but my knowledge of 47. interactions is kind of a 'learn as i go along kind' experience.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:55:23 am by FantasticDorf »

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 29, 2021, 01:14:23 am »

rn I'm messing about with stone weapons, human cave civs, giant (the creature) dark fortresses, and a fortress civ of knockoff troglodytes I'm calling lemurians. The lemurians are spouse converters and experimenters, which has resulted in some interesting stuff so far, though its still all rather janky.

So as it's intended, the males are spouse converters who make wives out of human females kidnapped from other civs. They do indeed do this, but naturally born lemurian wives are also a thing for some reason. Perhaps I can fix this by messing with the caste population weights, but idk yet. The lemurians also make experiments out of eachother, resulting in things like Plumus, a Lemurian who's mother is an experiment. Not sure if I can (or want to) get them to only experiment on other races.

I was able to get them to semi-regularly make far more mountain halls than fortresses or hillocks by giving them 1000 biome support in mountains and 1 biome support elsewhere. They still make hillocks and fortresses, but if they are in a mountain range with more than one side on the map, they tend to spread throughout before spreading around.

Reading the legends entries of some of these guys is funny, as they seem to like traveling the world taking up apprenticeships under various people, frequently getting into fights with humans, then one day they kidnap a random woman, and return to their home to settle down.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 04, 2021, 03:28:15 pm »

Well, turns out if you're a worshipper of a spider-goddess, you can expect some sort of punishment for eating spider meat. Who woulda thunk.

I'm pretty much ready to release my unofficial branch of Rhenya's Drow, just a matter of starting a thread. It just so happens that starting a thread is the worst part of this whole ordeal, so it's not gonna be right this very moment.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 11, 2021, 06:13:25 am »

More ideas for my unofficial branch of Rhenaya's Drow:

-Demonweb warlock - a secret available to all races. Can summon a bebilith* and use eldritch blast. Greatly increases one's disease resistance.

-Spider prophet - a secret available to female drow (if that's possible). Can summon a few yochlols* and spray venom that causes pain and blisters with a chance of paralysis.

Simple religion/alchemy system centered around the new building - demonweb altar.

-meat for silk - sacrifice a large amount of meat for a good chance to get a few sheets of valuable bebilith silk. A drow fortress shouldn't be short on silk, hence the relatively low price.

-poison for drink - purify a barrel of poison cup extract into venomwine* by mixing it with strong liquor, namely drow gin. High chance of success.

-blood for gems - sacrifice a barrel of blood for a small chance of getting a rough ruby or two.

-silver to mithril - transmute silver to mithril using ichor and poison cup extract . Three bars of silver to one bar of mithril.

-hearts for abyssal blessing - sacrifice many (prepared) hearts for a tiny chance of spawning a vermin that changes a drow into a draegloth*. It's unlikely, but if the vermin bites a drider, it turns it into a draegloth abomination*.

Plants:
-venomwine plant - a fake plant that exists solely as a source of extremely expensive wine for altar reaction. The wine grants small boons.

Creatures:
-bebilith - a giant demonic spider that can do everything a spider should do. Summoned by warlocks, and encountered deep underground. Can be tamed, but the drow shouldn't eat them.

-yochlol - a demon in the form of a yellow slime monster with many tendrils and a single eye embedded in its body. A jab of its tentacle injects debilitating poison. It also has psionic ability to instill various egative emotion on enemies, and bolster the capabilities of its allies.

-draegloth - a half-demonic monster of drow origin. It has four arms with enormous claws, and a slightly canine face.
Males are hulking monsters with dog-like legs, imposingly broad shoulders and wild manes. They are deceptively intelligent, capable of serving not only as champions, but also generals;
Females resemble unnaturally tall drow, of course with four clawed arms. Females, despite being much more gracile than males, are incredibly agile and supremely intelligent.

-draegloth abomination - while unlikely, a drider may be blessed and turned into a draegloth. Such monster resembles a regular draegloth from waist up, and a colossal spider comparable in size to a bebilith below. It combines the demonic and arachnid traits that make it one of the deadliest things to encounter in the caverns.

-draegloth monstrosity - like the abomination but with a scorrow instead of a drider. Its upper arms have transformed into pincers like those of its demonic ancestor.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 11, 2021, 12:04:48 pm »

-Spider prophet - a secret available to female drow (if that's possible).

Should be possible. I tried out a deity curse that targeted only males of a certain species and it's worked as intended (so far) in the several worlds that I've genned.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 20, 2021, 10:17:17 pm »

A big part of the mod I am working on is making things out of various enriched types of ice - furniture, crafts, windows, etc.

My question to the community is this:
Which labor(s) do you think are most appropriate for this? My current set up is that I use both MASON and STONE_CRAFT, as determined by whichever skill would apply to the equivalent rock item.

I worry if this concentrates too much utility in those professions though, because they now do all work with rock and with ice.

What other skills might be better instead? I was thinking CUT_GEM, maybe. It would make the skill matter, since it would be associated with quality. Or GLASSMAKER since my ice is similar to glass in a lot of ways.

There isn't really a 'right' answer, but I would welcome some feedback.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 21, 2021, 06:02:30 am »

I made a species of giant ant, with the workers being usable as pack/wagon-puller animals, and the soldiers being trainable as warbeasts/mounts.

still fiddling with the clutch size of eggs, and the population ratios. What would be most suitable ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 22, 2021, 02:04:34 am »

I made a second version of the root deer; the caantelope. It's an antelope made of cantelope, with a fat round body and toothpick legs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 22, 2021, 12:07:00 pm »

I made a second version of the root deer; the caantelope. It's an antelope made of cantelope, with a fat round body and toothpick legs.

Them's good eatin'!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 12:08:35 pm by DwarfStar »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 23, 2021, 02:29:25 am »

Modding creatures, entities, plants, even items, was fun. Modding materials is very much not so, holy crap! I'll slog through Elder Scrolls metals, but for other mats I'll just keep stealing.

On a brighter note, numis - dwemer metal - has been created. If everything went well, it should be very hard, extremely difficult to cut through, but also heavy, rigid and bad at cutting.
I aimed at it providing superior, if heavy, defense against bladed weapons. It also should shrug off weaker blows from blunt weapons, but crack under powerful hits. It should also work well for maces and hammers.
What's the catch? It's expensive and will only be available to the Dwemer and those who trade or fight with them.

I've made this metal now for the guar vamidium, a mount for the Dwemer.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 23, 2021, 03:54:53 am »

Begun the horrible process of entirely reorganizing my Vanilla Expanded mod. It's become a mess of folders in folders and it's a pain in the ass to update anything to do with entities because of the number of them.

I also realize I should probably include a list of new creatures, their sizes, and where to find them along with any notable dangers they might pose (fire, venom, whatever,) in one place, as opposed to being spread out in the changelogs in the mod's thread.

This task is going to be made of pain and suffering.

HyperboleJoe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 09, 2021, 02:28:10 pm »

I'm just starting a Combat Flavor Text, Combat Quips, Action-movie One-Liners type mod. This will add additional dwarfy dialogue to the Combat Log, such as a Hammerdwarf yelling "Hammer time!" or "Bloodlust feels almost as good as inebriation!" or an elf crying for momma while being bludgeoned. As I get further along I anticipate sourcing suggestions from the community.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 10, 2021, 12:50:07 pm »

I finally uploaded all those subterranean goodies I've been hoarding to https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15656

I forgot I put cave sharks in the spellcrafts mod as a critter you can turn into (not yet, I never got around to it) so I was briefly concerned I'd dun goofed and lost it.

[Edit]
I had a dumb idea today while at work, because a while back I had been reading about polyploidy in plants which led to polyploidy in animals which led to kleptogenesis and the ambystoma salamanders on the northeastern US that contribute to a hybrid all-female kleptogenetic/parthenogenetic lineage in the region.
Anyway, today I remembered how in DnD dragons can breed with any species and produce viable offspring that are hybrids and that are themselves able to reproduce. They're kinda like a magical fire breathing scaly ambystoma salamander going around incorporating not only other salamanders genes but any animal they can. And that's a facet we kinda want in DFin the future, to be able to have centaurs and elf/dwarf hybrids but lo, I can already do a faked up version of that for a DF dragon themed mod using summoning and transformation effects timed to match the average length of pregnancy or egg incubation.

What I'm getting at here, is, would a dragon mod that actively spat out hybrid children be interesting? I kinda want to do it just to see it function and spit out hybrids, even though it would be confined to a list of species the dragon is compatible with or like a generic dragon/mammal hybrid if the father had the mammal creature class, which runs into the complication that reptiles, birds, fish arthropods etc don't have associated creature classes in vanilla.  And they'd probably be summoned as adults, I don't think the summoning interaction will spit out a child. Never seen it happen anyway.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:33:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 20, 2021, 04:19:32 pm »

Something I've been curious about in the villains release cycle for a while: is it possible to mod a [POWER] creature that spreads good tiles, or is evil all that's supported right now?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 20, 2021, 07:25:21 pm »

is it possible to mod a [POWER] creature that spreads good tiles, or is evil all that's supported right now?

It's creatures with [SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER] that spread evil tiles (what kind they are depends on their sphere). So, only evil currently, unless there's some way to hack it?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 119