Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 250244 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1590 on: September 04, 2022, 03:22:17 am »

That's pretty hardcore, I like it. DF benefits from these types of horrors, I'd say, definitely embrace it.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 20, 2022, 07:33:43 pm »

So.

I've been working on and off on a personal mod/mod-pack for some time (last couple years maybe?), and now it seems that after a fourth (or fifth?) time doing things from scratch I'm finally at the point that it should be playable. Or at least the majority of stuff I wanted in is there.

Feels weird that the main work is "done".

Horrified at the thought of how riddled with bugs and broken reactions it will be... Just need to now find some motivation to test the stuff and see how badly it sucks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1592 on: September 21, 2022, 06:12:27 am »

So.

I've been working on and off on a personal mod/mod-pack for some time (last couple years maybe?), and now it seems that after a fourth (or fifth?) time doing things from scratch I'm finally at the point that it should be playable. Or at least the majority of stuff I wanted in is there.

Feels weird that the main work is "done".

Horrified at the thought of how riddled with bugs and broken reactions it will be... Just need to now find some motivation to test the stuff and see how badly it sucks.
Don't worry about it, always gotta start somewhere. My stuff was pretty broken too before I discovered there was an errorlog

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 21, 2022, 11:32:56 am »

Yeah, fortunately I realized the existence of errorlog.txt quite early on - saved quite a lot of extra work many times. So far all errors and duplicate raws should be fixed. I'm expecting stuff to be needlessly complicated (in addition to broken reactions) and too different from vanilla, but as long as I'm keeping this as a personal mod thingie, it's not such a big deal.

If things work fine, well, maybe I'll do a lite version and release it (that is, if I get permission to include bits and pieces from other mods).

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1594 on: September 26, 2022, 07:49:09 am »

Yeah, fortunately I realized the existence of errorlog.txt quite early on - saved quite a lot of extra work many times. So far all errors and duplicate raws should be fixed. I'm expecting stuff to be needlessly complicated (in addition to broken reactions) and too different from vanilla, but as long as I'm keeping this as a personal mod thingie, it's not such a big deal.
Reactions playtesting should take only one hour.
Balance-tuning the new weapons and monsters is hard. Arena mode might help there.

You have myself and Deon's permission to borrow things from OldGenesis. oh boy so much morale/tantrums/enemycivs tuning.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 26, 2022, 08:38:38 am »

Oh my gosh...

Don't tell me there was an error log ALL THIS TIME.

DAMMIT-
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 30, 2022, 03:13:16 am »

I was having a bit of a dillema regarding Dilophosaurus hybrids. On one hand I try to make things somewhat realistic, but on the other hand the source material is Jurassic World games.
The Dilophoboa, unfortunately, has a frill and is stated to be venomous and capable of spitting said venom. I figured that spitting cobra DNA could explain that in a way that makes some sense.
Did you guys know that many snakes have just one lung? Well, boas have two, but one is vestigal and not funcional. Dilophoboa has this kind of thing going on too. Stabbing its left lung with a spear will not impair its breathing.

Honestly, I think I'll prioritize canon hybrids (Indominus, Indoraptor, Scorpios) and release the mod in alpha version. I've been working hard, yet I haven't shown anything yet.

Edit:
Three new bosses for Dino Hybrid mod!

Indominus rex - the size of a giant and the fighting skills of a minotaur combined in the body of a mutant reptile. Probably not the most dangerous of all megabeasts, but certainly more deadly than semi-megas.

Indoraptor - a living weapon, extremely fast and with high combat skills. It is a semimegabeast because it lacks the size of its predecessor, but don't underestimate it.

Scorpios rex - a disturbing prototype hybrid in the state of constant, savage rage. It is a two ton monster with many ways to kill - bite, scratch, kick, slice with its sickle claw, and most importantly sting with its poisonous spines, causing debilitating pain, serious swelling, and paralysis.

All three can be tamed, but whether you should is another question entirely.

I'll make the Sino-Spino next, then some light testing, then release the mod.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 05, 2022, 04:18:21 am »

I have made skunks and their derivatives be able to spray, with a cooldown of 1000 ticks (100 moves). This gives, in order of increading length: blindness, dizziness and a strong willpower reduction, and nausea.
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:SKUNK]
[DESCRIPTION:A small black and white mammal.  It is capable of spraying a stinking fluid.]
[NAME:skunk:skunks:skunk]
[CASTE_NAME:skunk:skunks:skunk]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:skunk kit:skunk kits]
[CREATURE_TILE:'s'][COLOR:0:0:1]
[CREATURE_CLASS:MAMMAL]
[PETVALUE:50]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[VISION_ARC:50:310]
[NATURAL]
[BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST]
[BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
[BIOME:SAVANNA_TEMPERATE]
[BIOME:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:1]
[BENIGN][MEANDERER]
[PREFSTRING:distinctive striping]
[PREFSTRING:foul smell]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:RODENT_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:NORMAL_STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
[INSULATION:200]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NORMAL_NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SPRAY:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen spray]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen spray]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:spray]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:spray]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:spray gas]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:spray gas]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[EVAPORATES]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:nausea]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SKUNK:ALL]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SKUNK_MAN:ALL]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:GIANT_SKUNK:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:ABRUPT:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:0:END:1:DWF_STRETCH:40]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:ABRUPT:START:0:PEAK:0:END:20:DWF_STRETCH:40]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:ABRUPT:START:0:PEAK:0:END:5:DWF_STRETCH:40]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:-90:0:SIZE_DILUTES:ABRUPT:START:0:END:5:DWF_STRETCH:40]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:400]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:2000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:4000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:15]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPRAY:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW]
[CDI:VERB:spray:sprays:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1000]
[CHILD:1]
[CREPUSCULAR]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:1945:1504:1062:548:3100:4500] 16 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:STRIPES_BLACK_WHITE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
Suggest more animal additions like this!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 05, 2022, 04:36:27 pm »

Ive been thinking about porcupine quills too and havent come up with a good way to implement them. As an attack using the tissue layer? that injects a painful "quills stuck in skin" syndrome? No matter how you do it its gonna be weird.

I also did swarms of biting locusts as a regional mist in savanna and grasslands biomes once. it was horrifying.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1599 on: October 05, 2022, 05:07:42 pm »

Ive been thinking about porcupine quills too and havent come up with a good way to implement them. As an attack using the tissue layer? that injects a painful "quills stuck in skin" syndrome? No matter how you do it its gonna be weird.

I also did swarms of biting locusts as a regional mist in savanna and grasslands biomes once. it was horrifying.
It's gonna be pretty weird, but yeah, a syndrome inducer attached to an attack using a quill-covered body part seems to be the least odd way for a realistic porcupine.

The swarm idea is lovely, I like that.

Nearly done making a small horror pack update with a playable race. Nothing new in regards to workshops, but it should be fun to play as a monster mash going up against some of the other monster civs as well as the ostensibly "good guy" civs like dwarves and humans.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 08, 2022, 07:41:00 am »

After some testing, I've established that both Indominus rex and Scorpios rex can reliably kill a giant in 1v1 combat. Indoraptor, being smaller, and not having paralytic venom, may win or lose against a giant. They all struggle against decently-trained dwarves armed with spears. The movies lied to me, but I'm actually glad they did so.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 09, 2022, 12:17:01 pm »

I lost all of my archived and current DF work, which i was slightly obsessively hoarding so im experiencing a fresh start. So right now its too early to say but i still remember a workable bulk of technical tricks up to the new release. Or least a good time to jump on and enjoy other people's mods when the time gets a bit closer.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1602 on: October 12, 2022, 08:06:37 am »

No horrid or hostile creatures for the time being, just working on some plants. Partially to fill out the world with fantasy plantlife a bit but also as a setup for an alchemy system in fort mode and adventure mode.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 13, 2022, 03:28:54 am »

Gremlins. Lots and lots of gremlins. And horrible things pertaining to gremlins.

Anyone ever tried playing as a gremlin civ? It's wacky.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 06:58:39 pm by dikbutdagrate »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 21, 2022, 02:24:40 am »

Turns out my old friend errorlog failed me. Not much, but this could cost some adventurer their life. My synapsid hybrids had major arteries in their throat scales... except they have skin instead of scales. There was nothing about this in the log. I THINK I checked the pterosaurs for the same issue.

Other than that, all hybrids got some aggression, violence, and discipline. Wouldn't want a monster dinosaur to run from hairy manlets with pointy sticks.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 118