Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252472 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1725 on: March 12, 2023, 09:15:28 am »

No one will ever know it's there, but that's OK, because likely no-one but me will ever play it. :)

I will stand by you with my own forms of self-indulgent, highly obfuscated world-building.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: March 22, 2023, 10:15:34 am »

ended up working on my infurn civ mod( normal cats that domesticated 40 different fiends civ) to the point where I got a decent df50 workable fort going.

then I got access to dfhack again and now I'm playing this goblin faction(off shoot of the infurn civ) that currently moving around the world map and connecting to sites.

the process of connecting to a different site is mostly using like 3 different scripts and one of them which suppose to just let one unretire any site had proven to crash on use normally, except when used with this other script that lets me jump back into the 'choose your own game mode menu' and embark a second time, the third script is the one that moves the player fort around the world map as I learn when you embark two sites the game tries to align them to the coordinates of where they are on the world/region map.
so my current experience is piloting a mobile 'void' pirate ship that raids and plunders smaller sites(bigger ones end up killing my fps and pc on ram usage and would require more research on tackling those in smaller chunks)
then gather enough gems, coal and platinum to smelt into goods to trade with the intent purpose of buying more crew members to go on raiding missions and dig.
the feeling of exploring another site with a team of miners carving out a tunnel into the unallocated space between the two sites and possible chances to swipe rare furniture pieces that usually get generated in pre-gen sites is fun.
also the added bonus of oddities of doing this like micro explosions on the 'void ship', crew members getting stuck in the ground, flooding, the dangers of mixing different biomes together and other unseen events that could pop up.

oh and retiring in this state causes anyone not on the main site(so this is the site you recently embark/unretire/reclaim with) to be left behind so there's an urgency to making sure everyone is back on the 'ship' before lifting of or just treating the folks on the other site as a lost cause for anything that stuck on there.
this also lets me dump trash on someone's lawn and not have to worry about it.

so now after a few rounds of testing and stealing ladles and querns from lairs I'm starting to wonder if there's a fun total conversion mod(for df50 classic) to go with this dfhack'd playstyle?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

montejobarato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: March 26, 2023, 02:14:25 pm »

Damn, I am litterally leaning how to program in Lua for the sole porpuse of creating maps, like, the one you make your fortress and play on adv, last one not available yet, to integrate the playstyle of the Rainworld(not to be confused with Rimworld) gameplay, i tried to, in the past, creat rocks that evaporate as soon as you load a place to create large rooms and tunnels, but, well, you can litteraly contain lava in wooden or ice constructed walls, so it's was not a suprize that it did not work, but now, dfhack perhaps will add a way foward to my mod, that was stuck in the "there is no way to do this" phase untill now, by the way, thanks Chat GPT for the help!

Anyway, programing, hard as hell, at least to the end of the year I must have a alpha out if I learn and do things very quickly.  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:16:32 pm by montejobarato »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 04, 2023, 02:44:17 am »

For some reason I felt like starting another projext I'm not going to finish: Might and Magic mod, based on the games set in Ashan. Why Ashan instead of the beloved Heroes 3? It's mostly because of more consistent factions. Pre-Heroes 5 dwarves were aligned with both wizards and elves,  while orcs were either green-skinned barbarians, or pigman bandits.
So anyway, I have Haven denizen creature almost finished. It consists of several castes, from the most cammon to the rarest:
Tier 1:
-Human - you know what a human is;
Tier 2:
-Radiant and blazing glories - divine light elementals, feminine in appearance but genderless. Ideally the only way to kill them should be hitting them in diamond spirit cores within their chests;
Tier 3:
-Celestials - souls of angels in human bodies, slightly larger than humans, and with superior stats;
Tier 4:
-Angels - larger than humans, with superior stats and damage reduction;
Tier 5:
-Archangels - superior to angels, can resurrect;
-Seraphs - between angels and archangels when it comes to physical attributes, but can enter trances, have natural weapon skills, and are completely merciless.

Other than that, I've decided to force myself to work on dino-hybrid sprites. I have two pterosaurs finished, and that's only because I forgot about carnivorous mammals that would be more fun to work on.
As fascinating as pterosaurs are, they have a few quirks that makes converting them to 32x32 sprites kinda tricky.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 17, 2023, 06:41:45 pm »

Putting millions of bees inside a warhammer, and bonking people with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 17, 2023, 08:32:49 pm »

Ok, thats a new one. How did you manage to get them into the hammer? Do they add much to the weight, and maybe damage?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 18, 2023, 01:37:37 pm »

Ok, thats a new one. How did you manage to get them into the hammer? Do they add much to the weight, and maybe damage?

Just Advfort, believe it or not. Using the -c argument allows you to construct a furniture item out of whatever reagent.
Built a war hammer into a cabinet, put the bees inside, and deconstructed it. If you drop the war hammer and reload the area, take a nap, whatever, all of the bees inside the hammer will disappear. However, if the hammer is still in your inventory when you retire your character, take a nap, whatever, the bee colonies will persist.

Umm, interestingly, the hammer didn't do any more noticeable damage.
What did do a significant amount of damage however, was the porcelain bee hive I was running around bashing people with. Like, it was severing limbs via blunt damage. No idea how that was happening.

--------
As of premium, you can finally relocate bee colonies to cages and other objects in fort mode. At least, once the colonies have been installed to a hive. This means that strange beehive hybrid objects could be made very easily using DFHack. Haven't tested much on that end besides just vanilla stuff, like placing a bunch of bees onto a pedestal, in order to make probability distribution clouds made out of bees.

From what I've gathered, the remote flying worker bees, which spawn outside the colony and sting people, won't spawn unless the bee colonies are attached to some kind of constructed furniture item. The remote bees haven't appeared to spawn if you have a backpack full of them and drop the backpack etc. That said, the remote bees are a little 'bugged' in adv mode. They are very fickle about when they like to spawn in advmode, and their motivations for doing so, or not doing so, are mysterious.

In premium, I know I placed a bunch of bee colonies in a cage, and deconstructed the cage, but I don't remember what the results were. My hunch is that is that it was a negative though. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:10:07 pm by dikbutdagrate »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 18, 2023, 01:58:52 pm »

Maybe they were stung by so many bees that the limbs got severed? Or that is what I want to believe in.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 18, 2023, 02:14:51 pm »

Maybe they were stung by so many bees that the limbs got severed? Or that is what I want to believe in.

I've been meaning to mod in custom bees, which act sort of like the robot attack drone funnels from Gundam, that melt off limbs.
Or perhaps some-kind of fantasy reskin, where they're made out of wood? IDK.

I did make some bees for premium however, that only spawn in evil biomes, and turn creatures they sting into goats.
Haven't hosted it yet though, due to weird modding issues that arise from running DF premium through a wineskin on mac. 

Heres some of the sprite artwork I did for my goat bees - apis caprarum:
Smaller:

Larger:

2nd take:

Hive colonies reskin:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:27:44 pm by dikbutdagrate »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 19, 2023, 09:26:08 pm »

And crazy they called me.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:03:36 pm by dikbutdagrate »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 20, 2023, 01:54:07 am »

Those images leave me with many questions.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 20, 2023, 05:39:51 am »

Someone stop dikbutdagrate.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 23, 2023, 11:09:34 pm »

Someone stop dikbutdagrate.

Oh dearest Delphonso, in just a few short hours it'll have been four days since your post.
And so far, no one has been successful in stopping me.

Unfortunately, I believe that it is all but inevitable now...
that my detractors will begin hurling the false accusation that I am perhaps unstoppable.

Alas, in my current capacity, I am powerless to prove to them otherwise.
If only there was more I could do to assuage their disproportionally overblown concerns born out of hysteria.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 12:16:36 am by dikbutdagrate »

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 27, 2023, 02:20:07 am »

Is it possible to mod game deities? Or making your civ only believing in one deity?
Also, was it ever possible to mod things like making more diplomacy available(make ally, ask for help in defending, attack together)? Fix ammo or other troublesome bugs? Or overall adding a non-existent layer to the game?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 28, 2023, 09:17:30 pm »

No, raw modding can't change hard coded things like those, and DFhack is also limited to changing things that already exist in the game/game world. More modding possibilities will be available in the future, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118