Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252446 times)

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:37 pm »

Your issues with raw fiddling not giving you broad characters often is - broadness is always relative to that particular entity, so all of your wanna-be-broad entities were very broad compared to everyone else, but amongst their own kind, few were ever broad relative to the immense broadness that they all had.  If that makes sense.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »

Yeah if you want them to always look "broad" don't forget to use the APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE so you can indicate what counts as
Lowest low avg high highest

you can force say a creature's nails to be very long and curved with
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:200:200:200:200:200:200:200]
         [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:30:60:90:110:150:190]
         [APP_MOD_NOUN:claws:PLURAL]
      [BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:UPTURNED:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
         [APP_MOD_NOUN:claws:PLURAL]

Even tho no matter what the length is 200, the range says they are above the 190 range meaning to describe them as the HIGHEST descriptor (the UPTURNED is reversed so it shows as the LOWEST meaning curved

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2017, 12:18:30 am »

Ahhh, well that finally explains things, thanks! Would've not figured it out myself for quite a long while due to so many factors of the game that makes it hard to make heads and tails out of something.

As for the broadness description idea itself; The broadness I've always been talking about is based on Adeptus Astartes aka Space Marine levels of body proportions. Not too human and not too inhuman. That's why I've gone half nuts about when trying to get a broad bodied adventurer, heh.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2017, 08:56:19 am »

Figured out how to give outsider dorfs long beards. Here's the image taken from an arena dorf whose hair styles are the same as an outsider (read no entity stylings):
*click thumbnail to expand*

So pretty much whatever you want coming after the extremely long hair, you'd give the APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE a higher value. I gave the "beard" entry a 950.

I threw in the raw edits after hair type (curly/dense/greasy):
Code: [Select]
Here we set the growth rate.  This will change the modifier (LENGTH) by 1 each day up to a maximum of 1000 from the start of the dwarf's life (early beards!) for as long as the dwarf is alive.  The format is (APP_MOD_RATE|<rate>|<scale>|<min>|<max>|<start year>|<start day>|<end year>|<end day>) where the final two tokens can be replaced by NO_END if the growth is to continue indefinitely.

[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:25:75:125:200:300]

[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CURLY:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:GREASY:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DENSE:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:130:145]
********[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:200:200:200:200:200:200]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:925]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:sideburns:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:150:190]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:200:200:200:200:200:200]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:925]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:moustache:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:150:190]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:200:200:200:200:200:200]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:950]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:beard:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:150:190]********

I just tinkered with length. Putnam posted the BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER strings here. Maybe at a later date I'll work in greasiness and density to outsider dorf beards too. Really wish unkempt was one of the strings.

EDIT: A pretty important note in all this is you only want these raw edits in when you start a new game to roll your character as I'm sure you'd want the historical dorfs and the non-historicals to be free of these "glue on" descriptions, which will be redundant in their descriptions.

EDIT2: Realized I could just have the "glue on" description read APP_MOD_NOUN:unkempt beard:SINGULAR. So hobo dorfing is quite possible. No more neatly combed!
*click thumbnail to expand*
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:21:12 am by peasant cretin »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2017, 03:33:40 pm »

I just realized, nobody can stop me from making comic books and manga available like normal books and scrolls.

"This is a legendary dwarf parchment comic book. Engraved on the item is a bat man and an iron man. The bat man is fighting the iron man. The written portion consists of a 923 page manual concerning societies."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2017, 02:01:36 am »

Woohoo. New release means it's time to start playing with pets, and caves, and sapient wagon puller Science.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2017, 07:33:36 pm »

I'm sorta disappointed with the animal system at its current state, admittedly - thought it'd be a lot more useful and able to be fine-tuned.

For one, creatures appointed NEED to have a pet role to actually show up - war trainable, mount, wagon puller, etc. Even if they have the proper class token, they won't show up unless they have a role token or you use one of the overrides - which defeats the purpose of having non-pet animals added. Don't exactly want to see a large demon riding into a siege on a tiny imp. Or imp wagon pullers. Or well, any other "pet" role, honestly. Was hoping we could use this to have innate intelligent wilderness creature populations in civs that would be playable - even if you do give them the overrides they won't be playable, though.

The ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT token doesn't work for this either - they just don't get spawned.

Secondly, the populations of said creatures seem affected by the role as well. Small example:

The Shredders, Sky Golems, and Hobgoblins are all mounts, and so seem to have much higher populations than the Harvest Golems, which are only pets. Having 2 of them for the entire civ though? Quite ridiculously low.

I hope this gets expanded a lot more, since there's great potential here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2017, 10:28:43 pm »

Ported mods onto the new version.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2017, 10:29:54 pm »

Ported mods onto the new version.
As have I.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2017, 10:36:46 pm »

I do have a small handful of descriptor_shape txt's that I have been working on.
Some taken ideas from what people here have already done, and a bunch of stuff I have added myself.
I am wondering where I could upload the stuff, Github maybe? Any alternatives?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:41:40 pm by Ultimuh »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2017, 11:32:35 pm »

I do have a small handful of descriptor_shape txt's that I have been working on.
Some taken ideas from what people here have already done, and a bunch of stuff I have added myself.
I am wondering where I could upload the stuff, Github maybe? Any alternatives?

DFFD is usually where stuff like that is kept
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2017, 11:33:09 pm »

Tried out the new version, now I'm updating Jawa Fortress. Very glad I did most of the work in advance. I toured one of the new kobold caves, those are kind of fun now. Mostly it was just a maze with some kobolds around, but I also found a nest of kobold eggs and a grave pit.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2017, 12:56:13 am »

Hmm. Having upgraded to 44.02, my tribes are now sending caravans every season. Gotta stop then from doing that. Gotta remember how they weren't doing that back in 43.05 first.

One useful thing is that Toady mentioned active_season is no longer linked to siege timing in this version, so it might be as easy as just removing their active_season tags.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2017, 04:54:14 am »

Hmm, interesting thing about the playable intelligent wilderness populations that are assigned as pets.

While you initially load up adventure mode, they wont actually be there as an option. However, once you play once from the civ that has a creature like that, they do seem to load up the next time around.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2017, 05:38:21 am »

Hmm, interesting thing about the playable intelligent wilderness populations that are assigned as pets.

While you initially load up adventure mode, they wont actually be there as an option. However, once you play once from the civ that has a creature like that, they do seem to load up the next time around.
Odd. Perhaps they get loaded as livestock, but saved as citizens?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 118