Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252465 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2018, 02:23:55 pm »

An industry revolving around the export of those ridiculous ties.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 19, 2018, 11:14:42 pm »

I'd thought I'd seen everything the combat system has to offer, but I've never beaten someone to death with their own vomit before.

Turns out the trick is to hit the throat and crush it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2018, 11:36:45 pm »

I'd thought I'd seen everything the combat system has to offer, but I've never beaten someone to death with their own vomit before.

Turns out the trick is to hit the throat and crush it.
Ah, the old 'vomit to the throat' attack. You need to pick out a good solid chunk for that to work.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 20, 2018, 02:12:18 am »

It need not be solid. You could, for instance, cause your foes to asphyxiate.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2018, 10:41:38 pm »

Work in progress. Trying to find a way to make dwarves more consistently miserable.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 25, 2018, 12:26:15 pm »

What the is up with your fps
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2018, 01:38:23 pm »

You caught her, she's a sorcerer from the future. Now we have to send the time cops after you.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 25, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »

I dont know if this is known already, but it seems hiveable vermin with a colony_external caste will have that caste appear outside of a normal cage or animal trap, not just a hive. So i got my nesting spiders to pop up around their cages and can harvest the silk with individuals still safely locked away from the cats (even though theyre behind three closed doors)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 26, 2018, 01:07:45 am »

Made some progress on Half Life. HECU and Xen are done, next up is the Combine.
My mods and forum games.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2018, 05:34:40 am »

the testing of "sweat and tears cause negative emotions" in OldGenesis is going well.
after two fights and 6 deaths only 5 of 20 dorfs are Aaaaagh Damn! stressed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2018, 06:07:09 am »

Decided to fire up dwarf portrait to see some of the creatures I'm working on for the biome revamp.

It was a mistake.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2018, 06:12:27 pm »

Are those swords in the Holy Orphan's hands? That sounds cool.

Anyway, I've finished the Combine's various vehicles and pets. Got to stop working for today, but the Combine themselves shouldn't take too long. I've been reconsidering what to do with the Resistance and Black Mesa. I think I won't make either playable in Fortress mode. I don't think I could really make it worthwhile. However, Black Mesa scientists showing up as traders to sell player fortresses Xen monsters as pets sounds fun.
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #387 on: January 31, 2018, 05:42:03 am »

Nah, they have stingers connected to their three forefeet, that can inject "holy venom" that causes pain and feelings of guilt. The Ophanim are supposed to be beastial angels that are the pets of the Seraphim - they have four legs they actually walk on, and three forelegs that end in stingers.
Meanwhile the Seraphim are intelligent and somewhat humanoid - they have a torso with four arms (each of which has retractable blades), four wings, and several tentacles (which all have eyeballs on them) coming out of its back and where its legs would be.
There's also Cherubim which are just floating heads with four wings and seven tentacles - five coming out of the back, two coming out of its eye sockets. They're more like support units that buff the other angels.
All of them have metallic heads with unmoving mask-like faces - depending on their element, they have a different motif. These holy ones have human-like faces, albeit with jaws that unhinge extremely widely and which have needle-like metal teeth. Other elemental ones will appear more like animals.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2018, 04:10:47 pm »

Something concrete: working on halflings, not hobbits. Approximating the D&D +2 dex, +2 con, stealthiness here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At 30K adult size, they're a bit under half the size of humans (70K) and bigger than kobolds (20K). On average, an upright 30K sized halfling is small enough to hit Small Profile on Visual Stealth Factors. Smaller size likely impacts agility (read:dodge) in a positive way and along with those PHYS_ATT_RANGEs, they'll be speedy/hardy/stealthy. Kinda/sorta feels right. Might flip toughness with agility tho.

Something speculative: was thinking about the entry for subterranean animal people in entity.txt & that that might be a good way to have roaming NPCs spawn with equipment. Pretty much a deconstructed way of making various melee/range units with different levels of skill. Has anyone done something like this?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2018, 04:45:26 pm »

Have managed to test my hobbits in battle after they invaded my test fortress. Am musing over whether to increase the siege triggers, pop 20 is pretty Fun. They don't attack all that often though and only if I'm playing as wild dwarves (although I guess regular dwarves can raid their cheese supplies until they break).

Even without a military, a tavern full of violent civilians seems to be able to cope with a small attack (as in, some survive until the last of the little folk limp away). Although everyone outside will be picked off by their archers. So I think that's fairly reasonable.

Will hopefully get to test if the putrid seawater leaking from their wounds can drive my minotaur dancers beserk. The smallest and largest of the 'unnatural' races in my game share a curious, volatile relationship. There's lore in there somewhere.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 118