Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 251351 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2018, 08:52:35 am »

Anyone want to experiment on blood?
I'm thinking dwarves contain dwarfblood, other civilised races have peopleblood, beasts and animals have the regular vanilla blood.
Then add unhappy-emotions syndromes, on skin contact, to all blooood except dwarfblood.

I want more stress numbers on my OldGenesis dwarves. It did _not_ work out fine when existed only one type of blood, and it had unhappy thoughts. Dwarves were unable to gain any social skills.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2018, 11:17:55 pm »

Finally released my Half Life pack.

There's about 40 new creatures in there with 5 civs, I did almost all of them besides Race X.

I had an idea while making these. With this mod for Gmod, Doom and Half Life characters can be brought together in basically their original form. Sometime, I should set up some fights between my Half Life creatures and ZM5's Doom ones. After that, I could run the originals against each other and see how close the results are between the games. If ZM5 doesn't mind, of course.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:20:09 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #407 on: February 22, 2018, 04:43:55 am »

Wouldn't mind seeing the results, think it'd be a pretty fun experiment.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 22, 2018, 09:54:23 pm »

Been mucking around with including flour-based foodstuffs, which in the most generic sense are pies/dumplings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably the last thing to smooth out for the P&F mod. Just like with dried meat, made new templates for lower weight items. High weight deters you from having anything to do with a thing in a slow/local travel oriented game.

Was also going to add in weapon using sapients, but it seems the only way would be to given them an entity entry like subterranean animal people and/or bandit them 100%. Not sure if I really like how it's been working.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2018, 11:59:45 pm »

Well, Toady's updates just keep making the game better and it looks like my current set of tweaks to the world will only benefit. Which is nice as I don't have much time to make new changes and the worlds are pretty much fun enough (and Fun enough) to make me want to play DF instead of tweaking it endlessly whenever I get sone time on my computer.

Looks like next release will see me laugh as I burn down tribal lizard-folk villages (and steal their iguanas) while training my thieves on hobbit villages (good source of unicorn cheese) until they're at a mastery of stealth level required for raiding Dark Elf sites and stealing their giant mambas. Their massively populated sites will be far too dangerous for even 200 fearsome dorfs to take on in battle and that's my pop limit. All the while I can train my dorf warriors (or their merc slaves friends) on the lesser populated minotaur villages (survivor gets to be Champion!).

So, hmmm. No, not much going on in my modding right now. Just anticipation.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2018, 09:19:04 am »

*medium-speed typing sounds*
Ok now my in-progress version of OldGenesis has 4 alcohols: honeymead-type(good stuff), regular plant-type, lousy plant-type(no positive feelings), fine plant-type. Down with carrot wine!

Here's fine's syndrome:
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »

Trying to adjust balance numbers on the Arbalest; I tried to give it blunt damage to distinguish it from crossbows, and it turns out you need to crank the numbers absurdly to get anything to work. That said, I might be able to use the same techniques to make a functional Skull Mace that overcomes the weakness of bone as a material by increasing the size and attack properties until it matches metal.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 24, 2018, 03:39:15 pm »

Created a new creature with some mind altering properties, a real psychic killer. Doesnt exist in the wikd, but you can summon one so thats cool
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 28, 2018, 07:03:33 am »

Well, setting animals seems to work OK. The tribal lizard men just launched an attack on my fortress. That'll teach me for experimenting by removing [SKULKING].

They're not exactly op, but the current attack consists of 46 lizard-person spearmen, 43 lizard-person bowmen, 26 giant iguanas, 24 giant lizards, 26 giant chameleons and 20 beakdogs. I've got 20 cage traps and a 10 man rookie military armed with a shield each (had issues finding metal...).

Ah well. Exciting way to lose a fortress. Think I'll keep these guys as skulkers. They can still siege when provoked by dwarves nicking their chameleons.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 28, 2018, 10:22:10 am »

Welp, my gun experiment met an unexpected failure. I tried to implement Rock Salt and Wax bullets as options for training ammo for guns, but it turns out the game isn't at all prepared to handle ammo made of anything but metal, wood, or bone. I could always make a dummy duplicate material that's classified as "wood", but...yea. Kinda disheartening to discover midway through starting a proper gun industry.

On the bright side, gun-axe fabrication is finally fixed! I had some issues with syntax that was causing the game to spit out random steel weapons instead of the desired steel gun-axe. That might prove useful for a "produce random weapon" reaction - it'd be interesting to see if it started generating foreign weapons that way.

EDIT: Duplicating both a material template and a material seems to have worked. Rock salt bullets can be equipped by marksdwarves if you scroll past the surfeit of divine metals (is there a way to hide those?...) and fired normally. I'm curious to try adding cloth slings, but to make them work I'd have to make a single "sling stone" material for all stone to convert to, which kills the fun of David-and-Goliath-ing somebody with a piece of microcline or feldspar.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:18:20 pm by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 28, 2018, 10:56:19 am »

fire accident chance inside a workshop:

[PRODUCT:2:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:FIREWOOD:WOOD] --fire accident chance

plant & material from Warlord255's Bonfire-mod:

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #416 on: February 28, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »

does it have to be wood, and a plant?

ZM5 found that you can make an INORGANIC and slap a [SPECIAL] tag on it to stop RNG and trading but not have it be spires or circus flooring

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2018, 07:11:54 pm »

notepad++ crashed and took the entire contents of a file with it, wiping out the creatures I had been working on. Damnit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2018, 07:52:48 pm »

notepad++ crashed and took the entire contents of a file with it, wiping out the creatures I had been working on. Damnit.
Programming has taught me to compulsively save whichever file I'm working on every ten seconds. It's a good habit to learn.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 01, 2018, 02:28:45 am »

Actually, it crashed whenni hit the save button, which apparently corrupted the file or something? It had 44kb of critters in it created over months, all gone.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 118