Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252544 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #420 on: March 01, 2018, 03:17:54 am »

That's awful. Do you have any worlds saved that were using it? You could get a copy of the file from their raw folders. If you deleted them, they could be in the recycle bin. Sorry to hear about that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 01, 2018, 03:46:14 am »

Yeah. I've never once lost that much work at once. That's really sad to hear.

You could try to use a version control system like Git to prevent things like this in the future; or, if you're already using one, make more frequent commits to it. I usually commit whenever I get any significant chunk of work done, sometimes multiple times per day.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 01, 2018, 01:10:22 pm »

I recovered most of it from an active world yes, just have to redo the new ones i was working on at the time. and i havent been using git or anything, i honestly never though of that for df... This was just so bizarre, like how does that happen?

Anyway, made a syndrome/interaction to summon demons now, so thats cool. Also some huge rat critters that make way too much milk. Thinking of making a critter of almost exclusively bones, teeth and shells for crafts production

Ooh, i wonder if i can make a creature that loses a body part every so often that provides these bones. Or maybe it can just lay an "egg" you can process. That would be neat
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:25:24 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2018, 03:32:50 pm »

Isn't any tissue that is "sheared" count as a CORPSEPIECE? so wouldn't a bone layer that can grow and be sheared count as bones still?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2018, 03:39:53 pm »

Maybe? I could have sworn it was an unprocessed thread or something, but thats worth a shot too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2018, 03:53:21 pm »

well sheared wool has to be spun (thread) then you can weave it (cloth)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #426 on: March 02, 2018, 11:57:12 am »

Thinking of making a critter of almost exclusively bones, teeth and shells for crafts production
Ooh, i wonder if i can make a creature that loses a body part every so often that provides these bones. Or maybe it can just lay an "egg" you can process. That would be neat
Bone Golem made by the ancients, that wanders in the caves? Throws bones at foes, via material emission something
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2018, 12:45:40 pm »

Maybe, maybe just a freakish evil creature that throws its infinite ribs at you
I make Spellcrafts!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2018, 07:56:43 pm »

Yeah, but solid material emissions don't actually create the item on the floor. It would essentially be a creature that spews its invisibones all over the ground at the sight of an enemy.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2018, 08:55:55 pm »

I think he meant it could throw it's ribs/bones but you if tamed it you could shear bones off of it

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2018, 09:41:32 pm »

Welp! In attempting to add a surfeit of bug-men civs to replace elves, I tried to use Giant Earthworms as pack animals. The [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PACK] and related tokens got it to appear, but it had no cargo, so I'm assuming that the creature needs to have those tags added beforehand. I've made the relevant adjustments and also modded in a mule-sized "Packbug" for the bug civs to use.

Also, having dozens of 1-2 copy cave-bandit civs has made my worlds MUCH more colorful.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 07, 2018, 02:36:39 am »

My old idea for a magic/alchemy mod has reached a roadblock, due to the fact that gas clouds don't work most of the time.

I have several options with continuing:
  • Make spells be made in batches, so that the player can just try the spell again if it doesn't work the first time.
  • Make the spells melt instead of evaporate when they reach a creature. I've tried this in arena and it doesn't seem to work (the spells just disappear when they hit the target, even though they are still listed in df.global.world.items.all and don't have all their coordinates set to -30000. Anyone know what's up with that?)
  • Water it down to just an alchemy mod. I've already thought up several ideas for alchemical machines -- their corpses would be created using a reaction, which can be reanimated either by the character in Adventure Mode or an "alchemical activator" in Fortress Mode.

What do y'all think?

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 07, 2018, 02:47:18 am »

i think just an alchemy mod would be awesome we already have a couple magic mods
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »

so kinda found out what happens when you add an Animal_classes: General_poison to a entity,
you get access to the pre-generated races. still no signs of bogeymen though, so I might need to look into their raws to see any common animal Class traits. but it's possible to embark with say angels, and forgottenbeasts then have another fort deal with those beasts lurking about your place.

in a extremely weird but glad for it state the animal always mount means any time you embark you could get a Random Critter that pulls the wagon.
gonna try to  see if it possible to get this embark list to work on adventurers so you get to play as any of the randomly generated beasts.
sadly the war dragons all seem to be 10001 points so you can't just get 2 of them with out figuring out a way around the hard cap on embark points.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 118