Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252257 times)

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2018, 01:12:31 am »

It's likely too late now, but I have plant milk and cheese and I've never had any problems from it, but I made Material templates for them. (They're mostly the some as the creature milk and cheese ones though.)
Spoiler: Material templates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plant (click to show/hide)

Edit: Let me know if you try anything with it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:04:00 pm by Madd »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 15, 2018, 05:54:38 pm »

In my continuing quest to add animal men/giant variation to all the creatures without them that aren't intelligent or a (semi-)Megabeast, I realized there are a LOT of vermin without said varieties, like, probably close to doubling the mod size more (I haven't actually COUNTED that though) I thought I was almost done hah-hah-hah-haaah

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:44 pm »

Cheese critters work. Theyre made of cheese and you can eat it. The egg layers even lay cheese eggs that can be eaten raw, but still hatch correctly.

I also made a horrible, horrible giant hornet that turns critters into hornets like itself and even have a werecurse associated with them. I am now making a weresnail with iron scales and shell, because frankly thats terrifying.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:14 pm »

Cheese critters work. Theyre made of cheese and you can eat it. The egg layers even lay cheese eggs that can be eaten raw, but still hatch correctly.

I also made a horrible, horrible giant hornet that turns critters into hornets like itself and even have a werecurse associated with them. I am now making a weresnail with iron scales and shell, because frankly thats terrifying.

If you're going to make a metallic snail, why not make it a flail snail?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the subject of metallic insects, I've added Silver Scorpions, Tin Termites, Copper Crustaceans and Brass Beetles to the caverns. Each one has an item-related ALTTLE, such as the Scorpion flashing between "S" and "$". It feels pretty neat.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:17:26 pm by Warlord255 »
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Pumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 15, 2018, 11:34:57 pm »

That snail is beautiful.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 16, 2018, 01:14:30 am »

It is terrifying. I actually gave mine a venomous stinger on a tail (made of iron of course) and a rasping tongue (covered in iron scales like a living chainsaw) in place of a radula. It is quite deadly.
Also you should totally share those metallic insects, im interested
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:16:19 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #561 on: May 16, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »

I've been adding some various real-life creatures, ranging from bears to whales to beetles (and also chanterelles on the "plant" side). Today I added stag and hercules beetles, and discovered that the b_detail_plan exoskeleton tissue layers have the horns being made out of the exoskeleton material by default, instead of the standard horn material and cartilage, as is the case if you use vertebrate tissue layers.
A nice detail, considering there are no vanilla creatures with both an exoskeleton and horns, as far as I know.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:12 pm »

I really need to update my mods soon, I don't like them falling so far back in the lists. I'll probably do something soon to get Jawa Fortress up to date with Solo.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2018, 01:23:16 am »

So theres this weird exploit ive been using; civs that start in cave_detailed sites on mountains but have no settlement biomes will never create another site, theyre bound to their initial fortress unless they successfully conquer someone elses site and take over. Which os awesome for civs that arent supposed to sprawl out indefinitely.

But if you change any of that, from letting them start in any other biomes or try to do the same with cities or forest retreats, it just doesnt work. Other site types can found new sites around their mountain range even if they dont have any settlement biomes described. And if you try to set their biome preference for mountains to 0 the civ wont show up, at all. If they start in any other biomes theyll build as many hillocks as possible in a dense cluster around their fortress, but never mountain halls or new fortresses.

This behavior is really weird, and it drives me nuts that i cant find any other ways to get similar behavior. Ive spent all day running worldgen trying to find other reliable ways to stall civs development. The next best thing is to make their biome preferences so restrictive there are only a miniscule quantity of locales in a given world that suit their needs, but even that doesnt seem to be reliable, and of course you cant guarantee a worldgen where those sites are truly scarce unless you use perfect world or something where youre generating the same terrain repeatedly, which gets boring frankly.
I make Spellcrafts!

Amdy_vill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 18, 2018, 07:25:40 am »

i am working on make more realistic animal birth rates.
I come from the Past where we have no knowledge of how to play Dwarf fortress.

Melchizedek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 20, 2018, 09:33:40 am »

Making a race of Fluffy Wamblermen. I might make them fortress playable, with no digging or metal access. They'll have access to Giant Wamblers, which, being humanoid, will be able to do labour as well as be trained for war and hunting.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2018, 09:49:29 am »

Updating one of my race expansions for my mod Culture Shock.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 25, 2018, 01:56:43 pm »

My most recent tweak to Adventurecraft in a nutshell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1-dKc6R_I
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SoggyGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • Some call them clowns... I call them bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 25, 2018, 06:55:00 pm »

Howdy! I'm making a somewhat large mod so there are a lot of minor-ish changes to gameplay (some that might be considered heresy  ;D) and new critters. Didn't realize [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] wasn't actually enough to make a character fireproof so I was real confused when he kept dying in his own fires in the Arena. Also I copy-pasted several tags and my errorlog was filled with errors because I forgot to put a "t" in a cobalt. Also experiencing the worse kind of crash, the crash-on-save  >:(

But other than that I'm having fun. My mod is based on a popular licensed franchise which I will reveal when it's finished and it's kind of ironic to see a lot of the things that are played silly or cute within the franchise are much more disturbing within the context of DF.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 25, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »

At the behest of slow-travel archer-ranger goodness, I'm adding an elective animal pack to up-skill some aboveground predators (lions, tigers and bears!).

When your novice skill peasant can treat a bear like an XP farm punching bag, things just aren't quite right. Naturally, many large animals frown at this, alligators scowl, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 118