Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 250901 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 12:01:36 pm »

Trying to add and bugtest reactions and interactions. Its slow to make progress, and ive recently gotten a report that syndromes with no end date that grant interactions are seemingly disappearing anyway. I have no idea why, or how, or where to start testing for that particular issue.

Got some divine intervention going on now, just praying to the gods for artifacts. Theres no way to grant an actual artifact without dfhack, which i dont know how to use, but still, you can get some neat stuff from the gods. Next up is getting them to kill you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 07:26:47 pm »

Ok. Figured out that worldgen can't produce wooden crossbows or bolts apparently. It's metal or nothing. Just give natural crossbow skills to elves and wander around you'll find a whole load of elf hunters with nothing but an empty quiver.

So Dark Elves now have a choice of giving up their crossbows altogether or forever having to rely on twisted wood spirits to send their bolts and arrows true.

Tough decision. Think I'll go work on hobbits and their vile ways instead for a while.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2017, 09:44:25 pm »

Ok. Figured out that worldgen can't produce wooden crossbows or bolts apparently. It's metal or nothing. Just give natural crossbow skills to elves and wander around you'll find a whole load of elf hunters with nothing but an empty quiver.

So Dark Elves now have a choice of giving up their crossbows altogether or forever having to rely on twisted wood spirits to send their bolts and arrows true.

Tough decision. Think I'll go work on hobbits and their vile ways instead for a while.
How did you test the wooden crossbow bolt thing? Is it included in the entity correctly? Not trying to accuse you or anything, I've just never heard of this but if it's true then it's good to know. Have you tried bolts out of a custom material? Do those get omitted during world gen too?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2017, 09:54:21 pm »

How did you test the wooden crossbow bolt thing? Is it included in the entity correctly? Not trying to accuse you or anything, I've just never heard of this but if it's true then it's good to know. Have you tried bolts out of a custom material? Do those get omitted during world gen too?
I'll test it a bit more. There's a couple of things I may have missed. Custom material bolts work just fine, that's what the dark elves are using. I just didn't want them building their crossbows out of it.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:54 pm »

I'll test it a bit more. There's a couple of things I may have missed. Custom material bolts work just fine, that's what the dark elves are using. I just didn't want them building their crossbows out of it.
for !!SCIENCE!!
Thanks for testing :)

UristMcArmok

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2017, 09:56:43 pm »

You can simply make a new material for them to use that is technically a metal but has the properties of wood
When in doubt, Succeed from the union.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 09:59:36 pm »

You can simply make a new material for them to use that is technically a metal but has the properties of wood
But imagine Urist McSmelter smelting wood bolts and getting wood bars out of it.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 10:49:55 pm »

Yeah but if I do that don't I lose the variety of woods that other wooden stuff gets? Also that probably won't help normal elves make wooden crossbows, will it?

Damn computer just stopped working, might be a while before I get to look at this in more detail.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2017, 12:54:15 pm »

I released the update to my creature pack I was working on. You can now add Godzilla, lawnmowers, and ninjas to the game. Birdemic's creature has also been improved.

Here it is.

I really need to make that page look less boring someday.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2017, 02:51:15 pm »

I released the update to my creature pack I was working on. You can now add Godzilla, lawnmowers, and ninjas to the game. Birdemic's creature has also been improved.

Here it is.

I really need to make that page look less boring someday.
Did someone say, birdemic?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2017, 03:05:23 pm »

I just kicked a bronze colossus in the groin and the injured part collapsed
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »

Godzilla?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2017, 04:02:06 pm »

Godzilla?
No, a golem I'm modding in.

My game giveaway

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2017, 08:16:50 pm »

Well, I'm experimenting with turning tissues intoned metals. It's certainly interesting how this changes the way attacks work(fun fact:with metal muscles you can punch limbs off).

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2017, 09:37:23 pm »

Well, I'm experimenting with turning tissues intoned metals. It's certainly interesting how this changes the way attacks work(fun fact:with metal muscles you can punch limbs off).
That's pretty metal, if you ask me.

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 118