Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252489 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #615 on: July 20, 2018, 06:28:52 pm »

Re:wax, why not make it part of a type of cheesemaking? Could use it to get rid of rot/miasma. Long-haul cheese for midnight dwarven truckers adventurers.

Thats one possibility. Magic, aged cheese.
Should totally have a reaction to strip the magic from it to make plain bees wax for crafting. That sounds reasonable. Dunno what sort of toys wizards would play with.

So ive been wondering, since vermin count as items, and plant growths are items, can plants/trees grow vermin? It doesnt like weapons or armor it seems. This will require testing.

I already made a tree that grows muscle tissue as flesh, and im about to find out if my bonesprout shrubs really grow pickable log items made of bone. Maybe bushes that grow ivory "body parts"? I wonder if that would crash the game...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:13:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 20, 2018, 09:36:55 pm »

Been trying to think of how to make an alcoholic soured milk drink work recently.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #617 on: July 20, 2018, 11:28:21 pm »

Been trying to think of how to make an alcoholic soured milk drink work recently.
To assist you, here's a "bucketful of milk into bucketful of hospital water".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And the fruit-into-plantmat's-drink vanilla reaction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe an approach of: two milk buckets in, any unrotten plant in, out comes one sourmilk_alcohol.
Can attach the alcohol material to a plant or a creature or have it be a lone material (just include [ALCOHOL_CREATURE] in your sourmilk_alc standalone material, I guess).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 22, 2018, 07:12:32 am »

Oh, a new error in the errorlog. Nothing's gone wrong noticably, but I've managed to achieve a "HOBBIT trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments".
The rest of them don't have any issues with creating musical forms, so it's either a resident plump helmet man reaching beyond it's role in life again, or a hobbit with it's tongue cut out.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 24, 2018, 11:51:18 pm »

Been desconstructing the whole cleaning/had a soapy bath reduces "dirtiness level" thing for Adv Mod.

Made an inorganic fix temperature material called "soapy water" with all the soap tokens SOAP, SOAP_LEVEL, etc. Gave it a contact syndrome that temporarily boosts disease resistance and a good thought, to just register that it's working.

Added it to a reaction menu with 2-part instructions. One, how to get covered in soapy water, and two for the player to follow this with a cleaning interaction. The basic cat-derived cleaning interaction gives the hardcoded thought, "content after a bath."

So yeah, sandwich these two things together as I'm not sure how much "dirtiness level" is reduced just from the interaction alone and really don't know if being covered in liquid_misc with soap tokens will help.

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 30, 2018, 03:56:09 pm »

I've never produced a mod in my life, but I'm stumblingly attempting to throw together an interesting revamp of Humans. Very simple stuff at the moment, just making guild-based castes and some military castes. I'm going to try to throw in a new workshop for gunsmithing and maybe some other stuff to shake up trading. I'm gathering that the only way to transform an individual within a fort to another caste is with dfhack shenaniganry, but if anyone's got any other way to pull it off I might try to set up joinable guilds and military organisations.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 31, 2018, 12:34:50 am »

Finally updated Jawa Fortress. I should do the Fallen Kingdom dinosaurs for my other mod next.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 31, 2018, 03:14:10 am »

I'm gathering that the only way to transform an individual within a fort to another caste is with dfhack shenaniganry

Could try a reaction in a workshop that releases a syndrome-cloud. And the cloud _alters_ attributes, see http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Syndrome#Special_Effects

Messenger: CE_SPEED_CHANGE   run faster
Soldier: CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE   strength, endurance
Bard, sage, clerk: CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE  better memory and learning

CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION : "Transforms into another creature." (but their personality and xp and attributes probably reset to random...)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 31, 2018, 07:25:23 am »

CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION : "Transforms into another creature." (but their personality and xp and attributes probably reset to random...)

It's worth a go, at least. Thanks!
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 31, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »

Personality, skill xp, and mental attributes are stored in the soul, and should be unaffected by transformations. Physical attributes will indeed be randomised though.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 01, 2018, 03:51:12 am »

** imagines a smokepoof-workshop that transforms all visiting crap bards into frogs **

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2018, 10:49:49 am »

Got the dinosaurs done much quicker than I expected. Just need to some testing and upload. It makes me feel kind of tempted to do a dedicated prehistoric creatures mod.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2018, 11:34:04 am »

Got done with the Darkest Dungeon mod update - working a bit on giving various creatures sounds and the like. Oddly more difficult than I thought it'd be, atleast when thinking up of how to properly describe some of them.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 01, 2018, 06:38:20 pm »

I just found out Toady was talking about making usable mounts. I'll probably make a few cars and motorcycles for my creature pack when that comes out.
My mods and forum games.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 02, 2018, 07:19:10 am »

Currently testing a new rebalance for ranged weapons. By design, bows now will loose velocity from heavier (e.g. silver) projectiles, but have a constant momentum, while crossbows will have a constant velocity, but gain momentum from heavier projectiles.

Although I've run all the calculations using the ranged momentum formula from the wiki, it would be really handy to have some way of measuring the precise momentum in the game - you never know which values DF may be rounding up and in what direction. Also, I'm not sure if the projectile's velocity has any actual effect on combat, when the momentum is constant.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:21:33 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 118