Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 251358 times)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #675 on: September 25, 2018, 09:58:54 pm »

Very nice - dunno if I'm the only one, but to me it looks like its doing the "angry mom with hands on her hips" pose.
To me it looks like it’s putting its hands behind its head as if lying on the floor.
I see what you mean.  It depends on whether you look at the middle set of horn/claw like things as claws coming from the hands or horns protruding from just below the shoulders (and whether the shoulders are at eye height or just above hip height).

This is becoming far more confusing than a lizard-toad-demon-thing sprite has any right to be.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 25, 2018, 10:24:26 pm »

It's a Crundle, and it wants you all to shape up
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:52:54 pm by vettlingr »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 25, 2018, 10:50:55 pm »

Been playing around with golems. They're 100k sized versions of Toady's element men. Varieties are the folklorish clay and mud, plus two nods to Kingdom of Loathing in a meat golem and a hedge golem.

Partially inspired by Hugo_The_Dwarf's New Mod Ideas thread and the old immolation tackle attack from the now defunct MUD Grendel's Cave, I added in a primary tackling attack for golems:

I have also made these attacks too:

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:ELBOW_STRIKE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER:BY_TYPE:JOINT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:strike:strikes]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:1500]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]

[ATTACK:KNEE_STRIKE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER:BY_TYPE:JOINT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:strike:strikes]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:5]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2000]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]

[ATTACK:SHOULDER_TACKLE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:BY_TYPE:JOINT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT]
[ATTACK_VERB:tackle:tackles]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:5000]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:4]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:5000]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]

[ATTACK:LOWER_ARM_BASH:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bash:bashes]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:50]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:2:2]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:1250]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]

You can probably tweak the prepare:recovery but should work for most means

Those are nice! Also had no idea attack names could be defined like that, which is why I had PUSH, but have renamed as TACKLE:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While I'd rather have ARM_UPPER (briefly used this for smaller humanoids)—or as you have it, by JOINT—because it "seems" as though the damage is lower given the volume of the body part, for simulation purposes, BODY_UPPER allows only 1 attack (there's no left or right side). I think that's in keeping with it being gross motor skill movement pattern, where there is no sense of distinction/awareness of detail.

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2018, 12:16:26 am »

I’m currently working on a sort of mini-dragon. Their bite causes blisters and pain(yeah, a bite that causes pain), but they breathe normal fire instead of dragonfire. I’m also creating this giant poison bat. I’m not entirely sure what the syndrome for it will do just yet, but I know it’s gonna be a very !!fun!! syndrome.
I added lice to hobbit feet last night.
Due to a modding error, I once got sieged by an army of toads lead by a pyromancer. Not toadmen, not giant toads, but toads. The kind cats murder.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2018, 03:53:24 am »

In news from the "ponies with firearms and energy weapons" front, I am currently working on a multi-shot script that will permit two really, really cool things:
  • Multi-shot projectile weapons e.g. shotguns
  • Proper interaction based projectile weapons that can shoot things other than globs by swapping them out for one or more other items, including conventional projectiles
A big part of the hassle with it is making it compatible with another script I have lying around, which is a variable fire rate script that can simulate automatic firearms (as well as things like Chinese repeating crossbows and similar weapons).  What I have done so far is refactored off a bit of the fire rate script (the loop that executes on eventful.onProjMovement), expanded it to include explicitly orderable script execution, secondary projectile handling and a tag system so that scripts have a means of communicating with each other, and expanded what is left of the fire rate script to include some basic tag support and orderable execution.  Testing is difficult without a proper set of scripts to try all the features out with, but the variable fire rate script still works after all the alterations I made at the very least, so I should be able to debug any other problems that crop up as I go without serious difficulty (I hope). 

Right now I have copied the rate of fire script and am altering the boilerplate argument validation/processing to something appropriate for the multi-shot script, which is the boring crap I have to do before getting to the meat and potatoes of actually writing the code spawning projectiles.  I will probably need to write another more general purpose script that can alter projectile velocities (to avoid overloading the multi-shot script any more than it will be already), but after that I should be able to convert all the super-heavy metallic glob interaction based projectile weapons in FoE:R to real bullet lobbers, make laser and plasma weapons behave like laser and plasma weapons should, and also throw in automatic shotguns while I am at it because why not.

The nice thing is that with the framework I have, scripts can be mix and matched in ways that are really powerful.  I have plans down the line to add a script that can alter items on the firing unit, and this can be used to, for example, change a worn "rifle grenade pouch(frag)" into an "empty pouch" and set the firer's firing delay appropriately when a "grenade" glob is fired, with a tag thrown on that is looked for by a "replace a grenade glob with a frag grenade when the 'grenade_frag' tag is present".  Combine that with a "rifle+underbarrel grenade launcher" item that has an item-trigger script associated with it that grants a "launch grenade" glob interaction and another script to spawn a bunch of projectiles on top of a grenade impact to simulate a fragmentation warhead, and you have a really neat weapon.

As far as less "modern warfarey" style stuff goes, I believe it would also be possible to, with the appropriate scripts, make "throwing knife" ammo (or shurikens or whatever) give a glob interaction through item-trigger, and when a knife glob is thrown the following procedure happens:
  • check the unit's skill, and assign tags appropriately
  • have up to several scripts run (based which skill tags are present), that create more identical globs with a bit of spread
  • for each glob, remove a knife from inventory (if present) and add tags that describe that knife
  • for each glob with knife tags, replace it with a knife projectile, otherwise just delete the glob
  • for each knife, check if there is a piece of ammo carried by the firer called a "poison vial" and remove one unit of ammo if there is (adding tags appropriately)
  • for each knife with poison tags, run a script that compares those poison tags to a predefined list of poisons, and add a poison coating of the appropriate kind to the knife based on the material of the poison vial.
Yes, if I can get this thing fleshed out, it will be fabulous.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:46 pm »

Making a buttload of "enchanted" variants of all the vanilla weapons that are supposed to be useful beyond the mundane forms in particular ways, not sure just how much to change things tbh. I want their utility to be palpable in normal gameplay without being totally overpowered. Like the quickened ones have their prepare/recover steps set to 1:1 on some of them, 1:2 on others. Thats a pretty big bonus right? Others only get a ~50% velocity bonus and the 2-handed sword gets 3× bonus to velocity, 2× penetration depth, and 50% bonus to contact area. Which is a lot, obviously, but that enchantment is the only one that i really intended to be overpowered.

And of course these can only be made via special reactions, so i have to make reactions for each one. And then comes the reactions to spit out the same items with a special material, which dont all make sense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #681 on: October 05, 2018, 07:01:08 pm »

Finally got done with the Ars Goetia demons - took a while, but I should be ready to release tomorrow once I wake up, bit too late on my end to do a release - should be able to focus on making a Diablo mod now.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 21, 2018, 10:07:33 pm »

I've been playing this game for about six years, and I've never seen this before.

I was in the object testing arena, testing things, when I finally found proof that it's actually possible to have literal werewolves.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 21, 2018, 10:34:32 pm »

I've been running through my legends in Culture Shock and found an anaconda man named Subawarailad Goredhungers (just gonna call him Suba for short) who became an ice mage (just shoots ice balls and freezy webs) who also was chosen by the "ancestor-speaker" (druid kinda boys for a new race coming soon) to be the "ancestor-chosen king".

Most of Suba's history is his subjects getting suspicious that he's not appearing to age, laying down oppressive laws, then removing the laws, then it repeats. He's been doing this practically every season for about 144 years ever since his placement into the throne in 56.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:36:30 pm by Asin »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 22, 2018, 04:01:25 pm »

Finishing up this update for my mod and thinking about future updates. Im putting off a lot of the new content because of a need for the bugfixes, which i should have pushed a long time ago...

Part of the new mod design demands different options for entities, so im including my old Evil civilizations mod. Picking a non-vanilla option will now require replacing at least the vanilla creature_standard file, because im gonna have to replace the normal playable races and megabeasts
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #685 on: October 24, 2018, 11:50:52 am »

Slowly nearing the end of the wild creatures from the Diablo series - did a few arena tests, so should be fun once they're actually in the world. Only the races and megabeasts to do afterwards, so maybe by early next week I'll be able to make a release.

I'm thinking of doing some touch-ups to vanilla megabeasts after I'm done with this to make them more in-line with the other ones I do, since the vanilla ones feel unthreatening by comparison - stuff like making minotaurs larger and giving them unarmed combat skills as well and maybe an enrage interaction, cyclopes having stuff like tusks and horns along with some interactions, bronze colossi having different castes made of different metals, etc. Think lastly I'll just do some minor creature additions to my main pack.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 27, 2018, 02:48:09 pm »

I've been playing this game for about six years, and I've never seen this before.

I was in the object testing arena, testing things, when I finally found proof that it's actually possible to have literal werewolves.

Yeah, when you enter arena mode, it procedurally generates one were. You just happened to get a wolf.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 27, 2018, 05:43:00 pm »

Sure, but my point was that after six years that was the first actual wolf I've seen.

I've even intentionally restarted Arena mode over and over to try and generate a wolf, but it didn't work at the time.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 16, 2018, 06:35:04 am »

Alright, that used to be just an uncertain assumption, but now I'm almost convinced that the AI understands the difference between armored and unarmored bodyparts and aims for the latter when possible. Not sure whether or not this is dependent on skill(s) - and which skill(s) if so - but in a battle where both sides have full armor except for upper legs, there are pages upon pages of perepetual striking at the upper legs, until the target bleeds to death.

For context, all troops are equiped with shields, so there is no wrestling removal of armor going on - that would otherwise prompt removing the helmet and attacking the head of an unconscious opponent. All troops have Professional skill in Weapon, Fighter, Observer, Wrestler, Armor User and Discipline.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:36:51 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 16, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »

Maybe it relates to the mechanic that shows you, in adventure mode, which body parts are currently the easiest/hardest targets? Body armor adds difficulty to hit on the body parts it covers, and the ai is choosing the easiest targets?

Now ive had some bizarre behavior recently too, and i cant find a reason for it;
I made these neat war animals, like a giant crocodile with four grasping forelimbs, sextudiles (sextuple-crocodiles, for six legs, get it? Sextudiles) Now when i generated the world they were war animals, but not a large_predator or prone_to_rage, noemotion, nofear killers, which i added when i saw the adult, war-trained animals running away from intruders instead of attacking them.

Now theyre aggressive and go after intruders like theyre supposed to. However, when i penned all the hatchlings in into my depot enclosure and let a couple goblins in, they went totally nuts. Not just on the goblins, but each-other. The goblins got torn to shreds and only did meager damage to a few, but the sextudile hatchlings continued to tear each-other to pieces. In the end 10 or so were dead and i butchered a few more that lost the ability to stand.

Later i had a werebeast visitor transform in the middle of the tavern. Not just that werebeast but every visitor in the tavern at the time went mental and started attacking dwarves (which is anomolous but id chalk it up to the visitors being from the same civ as the werebeast and siding with it when dwarves recognized it as a threat, somehow). Dwarves fled the tavern into the sextudile pen, visiting mercenaries followed, and the sextudiles again attacked the mercenaries and then one-another. These were war-trainwd adults, the parents of the crazed hatchlings.

I still have no idea why theyre doing this. It doesnt make sense.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 118