Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252363 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #735 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:45 pm »

I boosted Primal to 500 creatures. Took significantly longer than I should thanks to burnout. Maybe I'll mess with RPG maker or something for a bit next.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 20, 2019, 07:07:06 pm »

Took significantly longer than I should thanks to burnout.
me_irl rn
EDIT: I don't know how to add flamingos to the game, being as they are 5 feet tall but only weigh 8 pounds...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 20, 2019, 09:51:38 pm »

The game doesn't care about height, only volume as measured in cubic centimeters. All you need to do is set the adult size to 3629.

Also, I'm surprised flamingos are that light.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 20, 2019, 09:58:48 pm »

The problem I was thinking of is that it might make combat unrealistic, not really sure tho

Shaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 20, 2019, 10:56:06 pm »

I hadn't messed with dwarf fortress in a while, been doing other things...

But I recently decided to come back and mod up a fortress full of fox people. I wanted something very specific, which was to have one male who would reproduce with 7 different females who each had litters of 5 to 7 young and populate the entire fort with them.

Boy, what a pain it was to make it work trying to juggle and get around things like marriage requirements, but I finally did it and now everyone in the fortress is a child of that one male and one of the 7 females. All the offspring are asexual but strangely, they seem to be sex crazed. All of the scholars and scribes just keep making up new books like "Uncanny Reproduction", "Mating for the Beginning Practitioner", "It All Begins With Mating", "Mating Within Reason", "An Offering Of Reproduction"...

This is the first time ive played in this new version that has a library at all, so i'm not sure if this is unusual or not, but these asexual fox people sure are thirsty. They're becoming world famous smut peddlers.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 21, 2019, 01:08:11 am »

...these asexual fox people sure are thirsty. They're becoming world famous smut peddlers.

This explains... everything.

-

Trying to make a Lunatic Mode conversion for DF. The outside world is much more dangerous now. Inspired by the Nothings.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 21, 2019, 03:20:18 pm »

How on earth did they all end up asexual anyway? What are the odds on that?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 21, 2019, 04:46:30 pm »

Turns out my experiments with Arsenal dwarves worked, dwarves can't quite store things in weapon/armor racks, but they're compulsively hoarding bits for uniforms and putting them in squad equip zones, besides putting away food inside personal cabinets. Im still checking it out.

The game doesn't care about height, only volume as measured in cubic centimeters. All you need to do is set the adult size to 3629.

Also, I'm surprised flamingos are that light.

Small creatures splatter easier from falls for reference, height affects multiple things including damage area for attacking seperate to the height trait which adds artifical volume.

pictured dwarf must be very high on the scale of height regarding their 60k volume, or the human is quite small (alternatively the viewer might be representing it oddly)

Shaso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 21, 2019, 06:23:47 pm »

How on earth did they all end up asexual anyway? What are the odds on that?

Really good when they have a genderless caste with a very high pop ratio.

The male and female castes are so unlikely to occur naturally they might as well be impossibilities. However, they're marked as pets I can embark with. This ensures my fortress always starts with 1 male, 7 females, and however many asexuals I want, each with a lifespan of 3 years while the male and female are ageless immortals.

I'll often use dfhack to increase my embark numbers to something like 30 just to get the base up and running sooner, though this isn't required. Then i'll save the game, go edit the save file to remove the max ages from the genderless caste. It won't affect the ones already living and they'll all die out in 3 years (after the fortress is already up and running and they are no longer needed). By the time they die out, new kits will have been born. With 5-7 litter sizes and 7 wives, they average 42 new members per year, each of which all share the same father but with one of the 7 mothers. These newborns though, are immortal like their parents.

Works out beautifully once I got everything figured out and setup properly.

The father and mothers also have their own noble ranks where they handle just about all leadership roles except for things like justice, hammering, etc and all they do is mate and lead their children.

Since the offspring are now immortal, they can be assigned permanent, lifelong burrows including their work space and personal residences directly above, like an upstairs apartment, and I never have to worry about them dying of old age or anything. After all positions of society are full, everyone else is drafted as soldiers and spend 100% of their time between training and patrolling.

If any soldiers die, it doesn't really matter too much as they can pop out 42 new offspring each year to recoup losses. I just wish I had a way to auto assign the offspring to the military immediately. :( Then I could just leave the world basically running on autopilot for a few years and see what happens.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 22, 2019, 10:05:16 am »

Cracked open Meph's tileset to nab gemforge and glassforge. Spent way too much time properly integrating them with Rhenaya's drow mod, but here it is:

All weapons, non-chain armor and metal clothing available to drows can be made out of gems and glass. Now it's just a matter of testing and I can upload the updated modpack.

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 27, 2019, 06:06:01 am »

All of the scholars and scribes just keep making up new books like "Uncanny Reproduction", "Mating for the Beginning Practitioner", "It All Begins With Mating", "Mating Within Reason", "An Offering Of Reproduction"...

That's actually so interesting. I wonder what's causing it? There's so much grey area surrounding Toady's more recent patches...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 27, 2019, 04:40:21 pm »

Maybe theyre all aspiring naturalists but mating behavior is the only information they have available to write about regarding animals. Or we're just not seeing everything theyre writing.

Im thinking about making a playable dwarf civ specifically to get wiped out and allow me to play as a dead civ. I know how to limit them to a single mountain hall (take away their settlement biomes), so its not hard, but what other features do i want, like a special mithril inorganic, or unique pets. Its all decisions, all the way down.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:48:34 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 27, 2019, 08:38:57 pm »

Taking a break from Warhammer stuff to make creatures from various sources for my miscmod (since I think they don't justify a full standalone mod).

Currently making creatures from Evolve because while it wasn't that great as a game, it had some really nice designs.

EDIT: Also decided to go through most of my stuff and up the population numbers on wild creatures, because I feel that keeping to vanilla numbers result in species getting extinct really fast.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:47:39 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 29, 2019, 03:07:15 pm »

With version 0.1.5, the "Dark Skies" project is finally starting to show some thorns it seems.

In a small world, by the end of worldgen at year 550, the entire eastern half of the map was over-run with what im calling "ghouls".

The total number of Ghouls by year 550 was 3093 with 1874 of them still being "alive". All of this stemmed from merely 3 ghouls all of whom were originally humans, "infected" because they profaned a temple. The "Patient Zero" of the outbreak was a human by the name of Thon Chirpclean, a fishery worker and criminal ringleader, who profaned a temple in a town named "Eyewhipped" in year 84, then proceeded to infect 15 people and kill 24 over the course of the next 198 years before being shot and killed by an elf. The other two outbreaks were uninteresting, each only managing to infect one person.

While the ground zero for the outbreak, "Eyewhipped" became a host to a sizeable ghoul population of 32 ghouls, "living"(more like existing) in the wilderness near the town, the largest concentration of ghouls is way south-east of "Eyewhipped", is around a human town with a population of 2417 named "Ashenbastions", on the same tile exists a lair with ghoul population of 231 ghouls and just about every tile near the town has a lair with at least 10 ghouls. The largest single lair however is just north of "Ashenbastions", near a town with a population of over 2500 humans named "Horsefortune", the lair there has 242 ghouls. Even the elven lands north of "Eyewhipped" weren't doing so well, there was a ghoul lair on just about every tile that the elves own. Dwarves never got off the ground, likely due to the constant conquests by a nearby evil civ, the dwarves only had 3 remaining sites by the end of worldgen. Not even my moon-worshipping lizards were safe from the terror, their sites small and scattered, they had to contend with ghouls in the east, despite being immune to the infection(for now), and Sloghs(giant slug demons) in the west.

The competing ghoul strain(codename "tengu") did not succeed unfortunately, only producing a total of 15 infected, 14 of whom are alive as of year 550. The Patient Zero for this strain was "Pimra Seerbrim", a human scout. Interestingly, Pimra fought with a ghoul and escaped without being infected, 16 years prior to profaning a temple in Horsefortune in the year 201 and unleashing the second strain upon the world.

All this with a background of standard werebeast diseases(and a special, custom one) as well as stuff that is way, way more dangerous in play than in world gen(Boy am i glad breath interactions don't get triggered in worldgen) and I'm far from done with this mod.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:59:19 pm by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 30, 2019, 01:28:58 pm »

At the request of one of my friends, I added a few custom races / transformations. First up, yuan-ti dwarves and a ritual "workshop" to summon a syndrome "potion" bar that promptly detonates, giving them fangs and a long-lasting venom that causes numbness, dizziness, and eventual necrosis if untreated for a long time.

Secondly, warframes. My fortress now has a "Helminth Nest" to turn new recruits into a random warframe. Thanks to the caste system, making variants of "metal creature xyz" is fairly simple. Ember throws fire in balls and jets, Excalibur gets an integrated sword-arm, Mesa gets a hack-job gun using material emission, and Titania gets a similar ability but can fly. It'll take me a little bit to finish them, but the error log is clean so far.

Oh, and airships. I made a custom pet that uses the wagon body token, flies, and is also mountable. It only gets weird when a caravan arrives with an airship in a cage. I'm still debating adding a rare variant of it with guns, because why not.

Lastly, I'm considering making a 1x1 workshop that gives dwarves a transformation syndrome into either a gun emplacement, or a landmine. Thanks to various material emission possibilities, I may have a new use for those pesky nobles. EDIT: Turret done, adding landmines now.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:49:37 am by asialsky »
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 118