Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252256 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #825 on: April 01, 2019, 06:42:07 am »

I removed all animals from my civ. Aside from not getting a caravan from my home civ ( which was the end goal) I wasn’t getting any other migrants after the second wave. Home civ was definitely not dead or struggling.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 01, 2019, 12:36:47 pm »

Migrant waves after rhe first two depend on trade information, so does elves and humans coming to trade, so if your civ doesnt send caravans of any sort, then you wont get any other caravans either, which means you wont get any more migrants.

You could demand tribute from or conquer neighbors, that might trigger migration or at least trade with other civs.

Or wait for children to grow up/rely on marriages to increase your population.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 01, 2019, 01:38:46 pm »

I knew that the migrant waves were tied to some extend to the caravans but I wasn't expecting it to have such a drastic effect.

The other civs were sending caravans just fine*, only my home civ didn't and it seems that's the only one that matters. I'm not sure if I'll restore the pack animals. Having minimal ties with the home civ fits a lot with my current idea and there are always the visitors that can join the player's fort.
On the bright side, in six years, I didn't get any werebeast either :P

*I'm using production triggers.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 04, 2019, 09:51:44 am »

I tried to add an Onza cat, which in reality is a cryptid from Mexico, and it won't actually use the Z tile I assigned it. Not sure why. Putting the RAW below. Anyone see anything wrong that's blocking the Z?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 04, 2019, 01:46:35 pm »

Try 90 instead of 'Z'. There are no vanilla creatures using this letter as their tile, so the game might not read it properly, somehow.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 05, 2019, 08:45:44 pm »

It works for me. Try changing the line from [CREATURE_TILE:'Z'][COLOR:0:6:0] to [CREATURE_TILE:'Z'][COLOR:0:0:6]. As it is, you're coloring the background of the Z rather than the Z itself.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 06, 2019, 02:36:49 pm »

I think i did it guys, I made a creature that isn't simply renamed/recolored existing creature.

In case plump helmet men weren't wacky enough, here is the dimple cup cow - a creature that can be milked for mushroom milk or butchered for dye. Now for the interesting part: its milk can also be made into dye! I've spent the whole evening making and testing those guys; you wouldn't beieve how relieved I was when I realized the only reason the reaction wasn't working was because the milk was frozen.

Also made a zee-bat (cat-sized vermin-hunting bat), a beak terrier (miniature vermin-hunting beak dog), an elk goose (tiny elk bird), and a cave raptor. Those creatures will be some of the pets of good drows in my new story fort and maybe I'll release them in a separate pack, working title: Dwarven Utility Pet Assortment (DUPA for short).

Next on the list is properly testing the barometz reactions since I learned about reaction classes.

Edit:
In case anyone wanted my dimple cow for any reason.
Spoiler: creature (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: plant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: reaction (click to show/hide)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 07, 2019, 02:06:03 pm »

Been working on adding weapon variations in the "short sword has the same #s as the scimitar way."

Noticed how DF and D&D have this nice overlap after reading through dragonsfoot.org (via "footman's mace" site:www.dragonsfoot.org) because of the whole two_handedness aspect of the vanilla raws.

When you think of item population in NPC melee unit inventory—particularly with shield-using humans who have been assigned large weapons they'd actually need to two_hand to avoid the hit/dmg(?) penalty—you realize how borked recruitment gets in Adv Mode.

Unless you are combat overhauling, it's not a thing to tamper with.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 07, 2019, 02:48:55 pm »

Using a two-handed weapon with a shield impacts the roll to hit aka accuracy, yes. However, in Adv Mode, at a sufficiently high weapon skill, this becomes pretty irrelevant, since the comparative defensive skills for most of the DF populace are about the Novice level. Also, most companions will surrender their shield for a couple of coins.

Fort Mode invaders really do suffer from the way shield distribution works though.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 07, 2019, 03:30:15 pm »

Thanks for the clarification. Had no idea which.

Yeah, I'm mainly thinking along the lines of a player recruiting the average novice skilled melee unit. And while you can customize your team, I don't want the opposition to be handicapped because they're AI with no player help.

This is in relation weapons I've added in. The vanilla weapons that cause the melee unit to suffer penalty to hit are just one of those things like OP bites and scratches.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:36 pm »

Currently working on a sort of ghostbustery workshop and reactions. It revolves around spirit cores that drop from ghost creatures, that can be distilled into spirits, specturite, or an energy source if I ever figure out how to make a material work like coke.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 10, 2019, 10:00:44 pm »

or an energy source if I ever figure out how to make a material work like coke.
As a suggestion, use the spirit cores to transmute worthless stone into coke or something.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 11, 2019, 02:28:19 pm »

Currently doing a round of debugging so I can do another Monstrous Manual release. I think from now on I'll test for bugs after each addition instead of doing it in batches, because otherwise it can get tricky to identify certain issues.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 22, 2019, 12:16:18 pm »

I'm currently making an animal pack. First it was supposed to be only deer and antelopes since there are like 10 different species of gibbons, but the only antelope is the (hornless for some reason) impala. Now I'm planning to go wild and keep adding things until I feel the job is done. So far I've made:

Spoiler: Goats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bovines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Antelopes (WIP) (click to show/hide)

Once I finish artiodactyla I'm gonna upload the first version to DFFD.

If some very obvious species are missing, it's because I was avoiding adding animals included in scourge728's mods, Voliol's Various Vivants and Enemy Post's Primal.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 24, 2019, 04:46:44 pm »

I have been struck by modder's block again. I struggle to force myself to implement my plans.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 118