Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252275 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #945 on: July 18, 2019, 11:07:12 am »

I tend not to test my mods tbh

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 18, 2019, 01:01:56 pm »

I try to test my mods enough to where I at least I know that the features work as intended and dont cause any major issues. There will always be unseen bugs but I would hate to have someone spend a bunch of time creating a new game after installing my mod just to have to report a game breaking bug I should have easily caught.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 18, 2019, 03:30:29 pm »

My mods don't really tend to do much more than adding basic creatures, as that's about all I know how to do, so not much testing is really needed

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 18, 2019, 11:55:28 pm »

Well, I gave up from the idea of the Gnome Mod, but now I'm working on a much better Illithid Mod.

There already exists some progress made, and when I develop the psionic powers system (and all the stuff of the ceremorphosis and the Elder Brain), I'll release a playable version.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 19, 2019, 07:27:57 pm »

I have been rather busy so I left the drugs out of v1.0 of Goblin Fortress. I will get them added in soon though.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #950 on: July 20, 2019, 04:40:09 am »

I hammered out these reactions yesterday.

Pretty proud of these reactions:

my to-do list is way too long.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:42:19 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 20, 2019, 04:12:07 pm »

Made a "wild man" curse and creature last night, wild men are basically cannibal hermits, so a lot different from hunting a traditional werebeast. Seemed appropriate though.

Might make a rogue conjurer curse too. Just a wizard living in a hole playing with summoned monsters.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 24, 2019, 03:22:48 am »

One small edit in the raws, one set of seeds that will never generate the same world again.

It seems like removing [RELIGION_SPHERE:TWILIGHT] from my civ resulted in the necromancer's tower to spawn to a different location.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 30, 2019, 01:47:47 pm »

Created a script that turns a sapient enemy of the fortress into a thrall (if you're playing as Illithids), or turns a citizen of the fortress into an invader (if you're not playing as Illithids), or drive an enemy crazy (if called from Adventure Mode).

Created a script to perform ceremorphosis on your thralls, and convert captured enemies into mind flayers (or ceremorphs) if they're valid targets.

Now I'm finishing the Elder Brain system, and after that I'll focus on developing an industry for my Illithid civ.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 31, 2019, 04:58:28 am »

I split the furniture workshop into "wood furniture shop" and "advanced furniture shop"(glass,metal,bone,stone). All the metal bed variants
were spamming the workshop interface. Wood furniture shop, looks better now:

the light wood crafting reactions:
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 02, 2019, 10:01:18 pm »

Been revisiting and creating new night creatures. Got some serious weresnails spam going on in almost every world. And a distinct lack of the night trolls I cooked up, sans the ever-present goreophile. Today's project though was making a new one: a wicked witch. Cursed by the gods to never again feel love. Or maybe mated with a demon to fulfill a pact. Can't decide yet.

Anyway, they get some magical powers, and a transformation during the new moon that turns them into an empowered witch creature with more power and makes them a night creature hunter with a lair. So they aren't just sitting in their house in a hamlet scheming quietly to themselves like vampires. murder hermits, not murder neighbors.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:19:31 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 07, 2019, 04:26:34 am »

Still working on revising existing creatures in ADP.

I've decided to trim down some of the extinct animal files, most importantly tylopods. Oreodonts, Sespia and Agriochoerus are all perfectly good animals, but they are so unlike any modern animal, and so basic and uninteresting that they just don't fit my vision of what this mod was supposed to be. Other deleted creatures include Anthracotherium and some rhinos, maybe Hyracotherium since it's pretty much the same creature as Merychippus. Pakicetus, Ambulocetus and Georgiacetus will probably get the same treatment.

I also started making appropriate giant animals into wagon pullers and pack animals. Elven caravans will come with giant gemsboks instead of boring horses hauling their trash.

For the old boring stuff, cat people were much more fun to edit than antelope people. Cheetah men are natural strikers, crossbowmen and macemen; ocelot people are expert archers; serval people have 100 friendliness; all big cat people have combat skills that should make them a bit more dangerous.
Next are camels which shouldn't take long, then deer that will absolutely take long.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 08, 2019, 04:18:29 pm »

All 118 fish have been added to their respective temperate freshwater biomes with rarities, spawning seasons and times of day. I will probably work on some fish processing reactions next while simultaneously drafting up a tropical freshwater fish list.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 09, 2019, 05:01:30 am »

All 118 fish have been added to their respective temperate freshwater biomes with rarities, spawning seasons and times of day. I will probably work on some fish processing reactions next while simultaneously drafting up a tropical freshwater fish list.
Two types of fermented fish sauce? Elite and basic, with elite requiring some fruit or fat in it.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 09, 2019, 06:07:56 am »

I'll add fish sauce :)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 118