Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 252202 times)

dalord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #960 on: August 12, 2019, 06:11:54 pm »

Started doing some rough work on an idea for a mod I had involving playing as a colony of ants. I haven't done much with it yet besides making the ants themselves as well as wasps and bees which I figure would be fair analogues to goblins and elves

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #961 on: August 12, 2019, 08:28:30 pm »

Started doing some rough work on an idea for a mod I had involving playing as a colony of ants. I haven't done much with it yet besides making the ants themselves as well as wasps and bees which I figure would be fair analogues to goblins and elves

That sounds like a very fun idea for a mod, I like it. Some kind of homage to SimAnt.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 12, 2019, 09:47:31 pm »

IIRC there was a suggestion in the modding forum sometime to make a mod where Dwarf Fortress is converted entirely to a bug's point of view -- the grass stalks become trees, small creatures in vanilla DF like cats and birds become semimegabeasts and megabeasts, etc. That would be an interesting way to go about your mod.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 17, 2019, 07:12:14 am »

It has been a busy week at work, but I finally found some time to get back to the fish! I decided to put a hold on the reactions for now (since it is causing me so many problems) and start adding the tropical fish. I have finished setting up the foundation for them, so now all I have to do is plug them in.

I also didn't realize until this morning that the thread was locked, so I will work on getting that unlocked today.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 20, 2019, 10:17:46 am »

My experiment proved my hypothesis to be correct; you can in fact get your unmarried dwarven ladies knocked up by men they have no relationship to by turning them both into unintelligent critters. It might even be possible by removing the can_learn and can_speak tags with a syndrome.

The children will even know who their father is, if it was a dwarf. Not sure if they'll recognize their father if it was a pet or animal that never had a name or historical figure info.

All that should contribute to the birth sphere being more capable of causing "natural" pregnancies, as well as summoning babies directly here in the next version. Which will replace the awkward and kinda-crashy body part fall-off and reanimation effect i have now. That secret could also have interactions that remove sterility from friends and make enemies sterile. Or just swarm enemies with hundreds of summoned babies.

Hmm, a lust sphere secret could be too obscene for dwarf fortress? I intended to add succubi/incubi as a demon/night creature hunter spouse converter to terrorize the world. Wonder what sort of horrible buggy things could happen from summoning creatures that count as night_creature_hunters anyway in the next version...

Summoning will change everything anyway. No longer need to use the body part falling off and reanimating trick. That'll elemental summoners less weird.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 11:12:09 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 20, 2019, 02:54:40 pm »

More on ADP progress; camels required more work than I thought:

All vanilla and ADP camelids should be able to spit now. That is one- and two-humped camel, llama, alpaca, vicugna, guanaco, Aepycamelus, Poebrotherium, Megacamelus, Camelops and  Titanotylopus.

All camelids except for Aepycamelus are now shearable and their hair/wool should have correct color if [STATE_COLOR] works the way I think it does.

Guanaco lives in variety of environments instead of just mountains, bactrian camel lives in temperate grasslands. Extinct camels had their habitats diversified somewhat so there isn't too many simillar extinct animals living in the same biomes; that may be good for mods where extinct species are the main course, but in ADP they are just a bonus.

Llamas are pack animals as their description states. Giant versions of all camelids are wagon pullers, although it won't really matter with no extra mods in place since elves don't use wagons anyway.

I also made llamas non-benign because they are sometimes used as guard animals. Since they don't appear in the wild they shouldn't be causing any problems to dwarves.

Next I'm gonna go back to cats and add Dinofelis, then move to deer. Can't say I'm looking forward to the latter.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #966 on: August 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm »

Got a looot of stuff done across several of my mods, but now comes the arduous moment of making the documentation and help files for it.

Should be fun though once I can release the updates.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:43 am »

I created the succubi and incubi creatures (two different ones so both sexes will kidnap people without the inherent bugginess of a single creature with two spouse converter and converted castes.)

Already had vampire seducers/seductresses, which are basically identical, but are vampires instead of demons.

Additional plans include making them capable of cursing additional innocents to the same wickedness. Surely that won't get totally out of control...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 10:10:02 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 23, 2019, 11:22:15 am »

Been working on the Monster Hunter mod as usual. I got a few new monsters complete and am currently trying to add the weapons into the mod. Probably should have added them in from the beginning of the mods release but hey, better late than never I suppose.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #969 on: August 23, 2019, 04:00:34 pm »

Been working on the Monster Hunter mod as usual. I got a few new monsters complete and am currently trying to add the weapons into the mod. Probably should have added them in from the beginning of the mods release but hey, better late than never I suppose.
If you're planning on Arena mode testing, ask "how many naked short sword wielding dwarves to defeat one <name of MH monster>?"
and boost the monster until reach desired amount of sword-dorfs.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 27, 2019, 12:15:13 pm »

Making my first mod. It's going to add a hive-mind race and some megabeasts, as well as changing a few vanilla creatures.

Edit: Also some regular creatures.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:52:03 pm by MachoNacho »
pug

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 29, 2019, 11:31:56 am »

The list of creatures I want to add to my mods continues to grow, while I continue to lack the motivation to actually start adding them, or the willpower to force myself to do it anyways

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 29, 2019, 12:10:24 pm »

Because I clearly hate myself, I decided that my WIP warhammer fantasy/aos mod will have playable civilizations (though not all of them).

This also means I'll need to rework a bunch of stuff, especially since I was going a very gamey route and now I want to be more roleplay-oriented and, as such, will remove a bunch of complicated mechanics I added to the creatures with the expectation that they'd never be playable. Go me, I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #973 on: August 29, 2019, 02:39:22 pm »

Wrote down a bunch of stuff for a necromorph addon for my horror pack, figured it'd be fitting since I already made the L4D infected. Will probably be a while before I get to actually making that though, still wanted to write more help files for other mods I wanted to update, and additional stuff for the assorted creatures pack.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #974 on: August 30, 2019, 06:17:29 am »

Just fine-tuning for me this week.

- silver dagger added.
- woodcraft skill to moss clan and female jade clan.

- unicorn: wrestling and punching skills removed.
- nongiant cave croc nerfed a tiny bit, ultimate croc took 30 pages to defeat, hand axe only bruising fat.
- thunderbird made a little bit larger, 1.9 tons upped to 2.2 tons.
- roc reduced from 16 tons to 12 tons.
- giant grasshopper speed tripled, and dodging given(mega jumps).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 118