Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 246751 times)

PinkyThePinkBlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 11:59:54 pm »

Spike tank?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 12:31:13 am »

Spike tank?

It's a rammer tank in diep.io. Spiketank done.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:45:53 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 01:20:23 am »

Hey ZM5, do you know where you heard about this bug before?
IIRC it was on the modding channel on the DF discord a few weeks back.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 02:27:15 am »

Today I made a t-rex, and an ultra-rare caste of chicken that lays pitchblende eggs.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 02:47:52 am »

Modded in griffons as an excuse to toy around a bit with bodyplans.  I had a non-myth tagged griffon creature for awhile, but decided to make it properly have fur on the lion half and feathers on the front half.

Seems to work as intended in arena mode, haven't gotten around to testing it live though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 02:50:59 am »

I'm curious how you're implementing the diep.io mod. How do you model transformations between tank types? An interaction is the obvious  way to go, but how do you delay the ability to use the interaction until you have scored enough points -- and for that matter, how do you define points?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 09:35:02 am »

Been making a custon race of snake-like people with prehensile tails. Basically goes upper tail [LIMB] lowertail [STANCE] tail tip [GRASP]. Finished the custom armor items, since grasp parts are going wear GLOVES items I've made generic sounding items like "wraps" and "bands". Custom reactions to make the non-handed versions for the tail. Have to test it all and work out how to check for extra details to make sure the tails haven't sprouted fingers and toes.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 09:56:35 am »

I'm curious how you're implementing the diep.io mod. How do you model transformations between tank types? An interaction is the obvious  way to go, but how do you delay the ability to use the interaction until you have scored enough points -- and for that matter, how do you define points?

Never really thought of that. Maybe add a grasp to the tanks, then use the corpses of tanks to gain some items called points. Once you scored enough, you can do an interaction that transforms you into another tank.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 03:32:10 pm »

Hey ZM5, do you know where you heard about this bug before?
IIRC it was on the modding channel on the DF discord a few weeks back.

Thanks. I went ahead and updated without the last couple castes. Maybe they'll magically start working again later.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 05:01:20 pm »

Never really thought of that. Maybe add a grasp to the tanks, then use the corpses of tanks to gain some items called points. Once you scored enough, you can do an interaction that transforms you into another tank.
This is both rad and very, very weird

Idea: small tanks have itemcorpses of something called 1 point, which cab be crafted with other points into higher denominations, to use in interactions to evolve into stronger tanks
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:25:07 pm by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 08:53:40 pm »

Working with fur. Added yarn to yaks. Pretty much cloak coat oriented stuff.

I'm also homogenizing equipment. The language of armor is French. Mail is from maille and that's from a Latin term IIRC for mesh. As there are metal chain leggings, I figure to go with metal chain coats, hoods and shirts. Trying to be culturally non-specific, tho things like halberds can't be changed as easily, unless I go with polearm. Nomenclature's always a winding road.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 05:20:08 pm »

PTW

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »

Well, I'm just playing around with a deity mod at the moment, and it is both cool anencephaly insane, so dwarf fortress as usual.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 06:51:22 pm »

Mod learning continues.
My dark elves are happily producing grown-steel (like grown-wood but more evil and involves torturing trees) and making weapons and ammo out of it (many a bold adventurer died to check that this is working). Their death squads insist on wearing fine silk garments instead of practical leather stuff though. I'll put this down to a personality trait until I figure it out.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 07:29:59 pm »

(many a bold adventurer died to check that this is working).

Wouldn't it be simpler to make dark elves playable and play a dark elf adventurer to check that? (If you don't want them playable in the release version you could of course remove the playability token once you've confirmed things are working properly.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 118