Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 251359 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2017, 05:47:45 pm »

Went ahead and did the fletchings from feathers workaround as the yen for being able to make use of all the random unbutcherable birds (keas!) outweighed other concerns (like fear of entering the rabbit hole of my own modding ignorance).
Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD] <--- left as is, as there was always a BP category error
[EBO_ITEM:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FEATHER:INORGANIC:FEATHER_SMALL] <--- forehead up against the limit of item tokens
[EBO_SHAPE:FEATHERS] <--- EDIT: noticed this line is unnecessary >_>
It was ugly and heavyhanded with both MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER_TEMPLATE and INORGANIC:FEATHER_SMALL getting REACTION_CLASS:FLETCHING which opened up an infinite reagent exploit.

Also had to use a strange naming sequence as FEATHER_SMALL's name was "feather" for both noun and adj, and because this was the material type, it became the adjective to the name of the tool, which (at this moment at least) was "quills" and to the name of the bowyering product "fletching."

So anytime a hunter/ranger kills a small bird of at least 1700 size, besides 2 units of meat/fat, 1 unit of skin, they'll also get feather quills.

Presuming non-use of the reaction class exploit, each small bird can make 10 (material type) fletchings = 10 arrows or 10 bolts.

Probably the best way to have an Adv Mode character scratch the groundskeeper/gameskeeper/huntsperson itch.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:23:49 pm by peasant cretin »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2017, 11:55:15 pm »

Fine-tuned the above MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER_TEMPLATE to get the right noun/adj setup:
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:feathers]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:feather]

Removed the name from the tool as it'll end up after the material's adjective:
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FEATHER]
NAME:quills:quills <-------- removed this
[VALUE:10]
[SOFT_MAT]

Finally the raven's entry in creature_birds_new.txt:
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD]
[EBO_ITEM:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FEATHER:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FEATHER]

Better result:

Inventory item (b) is the generic butchered item. There are 4 because MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER_TEMPLATE has the bone token.
Inventory item (d) is from the EBO_ITEM.
Other than that, once they go through the bowyering reaction, the product from either will produce 10 giant raven feather fletchings.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2017, 07:27:36 am »

I modded in a dog that spits molten adamantine at a WAIT_TIME of 1. Targets melt. Where do I put it?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2017, 01:05:46 pm »

I modded in a dog that spits molten adamantine at a WAIT_TIME of 1. Targets melt. Where do I put it?
I don't know, maybe you should increase the wait time, and why did you do this?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:47 pm »

I don't know, maybe you should increase the wait time, and why did you do this?

For fun. Like the dragon that spits rainbows. And the slade colossus.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2017, 10:01:57 pm »

I retired my fort, so I should begin working on preparing Jawa Fortress and the ACP for the next version. I'll probably see about updating TehLOLmod as well.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2017, 12:53:04 am »

I didnt realize that vermin produced via reaction will just chill in the buildings inventory forever, so now i have a shop full of fairy lights that arent fluttering around. Lazy bastards.

The reactions otherwise work as planned thus far. Further testing and i should be able to release this update. Just need to turn some critters into other critters and vampires and stuff.

Beyond that, i guess i could count the little tweaks i still occasionally do to a much older mod, and plans to revive another one ive let slide since ive been focusing on spellcrafts. Just made some gnolls to rove around the wilderness occasionally getting adopted into civs. Elves like them it seems.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2017, 02:17:52 am »

Hobbit feet are now tough and leathery (and hairy). Dwarf Portrait shows that I've got the size and tissues right and arena mode testing reveals that swapping the tough leather for steel is most amusing.

Stabbed feet don't leak putrid seawater yet, a most foul hint at their unholy origins, but I guess I'll work out how to do that eventually.

The final thing to work out is a cleaning mechanism for their foot-hair. Hobbits spend their lives barefoot and their towns seem to be full of rotting sealife strewn across the streets. Hobbit lice will therefore keep hobbit feet clean. What a heartwarming symbiotic relationship.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:06 pm »

Have discovered cause of mysterious fort-FPS-death in Zelda mod:  Schools of skeletal fish and swarms of flying skulls, locked in an unending grudge-match between immortals, deep in the depths of the magma sea.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2017, 05:53:23 am »

I have been re-writing the MLP loosing is magic mod, and while I still have a lot of drudge work to go (most ponies have white manes until I redo 1000 caste colour definitions) everything was in a 'good enough' state that I could try genning a world and running an embark.  A couple of syntax errors mostly due to bad spelling fixed up, and the world then genned with no error output.

Ponies were present, and all seemed to be working as expected.  Alas this means I am running out of distractions from the drudge work of finishing the colour definitions.  Still - Ponies !!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:03 am »

Working on multi-caste creatures is a bit tedious even if the end result's pretty fun (after fixing errorlog stuff anyway). Doing undead pirate invaders right now, should be fun making weapons for them.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2017, 07:37:26 am »

Working on multi-caste creatures is a bit tedious even if the end result's pretty fun (after fixing errorlog stuff anyway). Doing undead pirate invaders right now, should be fun making weapons for them.

Did draconian castes without fuss, until I got a grudge on draconians for being excessively !!FUN!! and I'm not that good at fort mode.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2017, 08:38:21 am »

Did draconian castes without fuss, until I got a grudge on draconians for being excessively !!FUN!! and I'm not that good at fort mode.
I usually don't have too many issues making vastly different castes - its just a tad tedious if there's a lot of them and if some use different body materials (i.e skeletal pirates in this case).

EDIT: Arr, pirates be done.

Their cannonballs definitely are powerful enough - gotta see how well they fare in worldgen. Should be a good tier 2 invader challenge for forts - they don't have metal armor of any kind or even shields but they do have multiple castes with some gimmicks, some of which are pretty strong physically even when unarmed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:55:36 am by ZM5 »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2017, 02:28:59 pm »

I usually don't have too many issues making vastly different castes - its just a tad tedious if there's a lot of them and if some use different body materials (i.e skeletal pirates in this case).

EDIT: Arr, pirates be done.

Their cannonballs definitely are powerful enough - gotta see how well they fare in worldgen. Should be a good tier 2 invader challenge for forts - they don't have metal armor of any kind or even shields but they do have multiple castes with some gimmicks, some of which are pretty strong physically even when unarmed.
Will the undead pirates make more undead pirates, or will they eventually run out?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2017, 02:58:41 pm »

They make more - they have male/female versions of most castes (with the exception of oceanic hags who are female only and skeletal pirates who are genderless).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 118