Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 118

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 246716 times)

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #600 on: July 12, 2018, 07:07:35 am »

well i settled with 2:2 concentration but i've increased the duration by 10times, and lowered the severity by 80%.
this makes sure that getting away from the source would drastically lessen the lethality.

technically this should be 80% of 5:5 concentration with the basic syndrome, but the lengthened duration makes for a much more potent stacking effect.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:14 pm »

And here I thought geese laying live bees was the most fucked-up element of modded apiculture.

Meanwhile in Adventurecraft, I only recently realized that I didn't apply the saner DWF_STRETCH to plant potions like I did with other stuff. So now barbed haze will make you go berserk a lil more properly.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 12, 2018, 05:13:44 pm »

Aw  man why didnt i think of laying bee swarms...

I tried to make a shrub with log and spear shaped growths. Waiting to find out if that actually worked. The errorlog doesnt like the spear one, though. I guess it cant accept an item group and subgroup? More after i actually encounter one of these things. I want to gnow what sort of item growths work.

Maybe it can grow bees?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:15:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #603 on: July 12, 2018, 06:32:28 pm »

Aw  man why didnt i think of laying bee swarms...

I tried to make a shrub with log and spear shaped growths. Waiting to find out if that actually worked. The errorlog doesnt like the spear one, though. I guess it cant accept an item group and subgroup? More after i actually encounter one of these things. I want to gnow what sort of item growths work.

Maybe it can grow bees?

Bee Berry Bush :P

Weird since GROWTHs have [GROWTH_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF] I'd assume you could set it with ITEM_SUBTYPEs as well maybe you typo'd?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 12, 2018, 10:14:36 pm »

Why is the first reaction to experimenting always make it create bees

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 12, 2018, 10:50:39 pm »

bees are fairly flexible, they can be made a creature or a vermin.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 14, 2018, 08:08:04 pm »

I'm trying to update my mods. I noticed that my "mythical"/not actually real creatures leave "nothings" in the list of creatures available in the art menus. It has something to do with their castes.

It doesn't seem to be a real issue, but I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. Here's one of the creatures as an example, does anyone see what's wrong.

[CREATURE:STARDESTROYER]
   [NAME:star destroyer:star destroyers:star destroyer]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'V'][COLOR:7:0:0]
   [FANCIFUL]
   [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
   [PREFSTRING:resemblence to pizza]
      [PREFSTRING:ominous shadows]
      [PREFSTRING:gigantic wreckage]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 14, 2018, 09:02:40 pm »

I'm trying to update my mods. I noticed that my "mythical"/not actually real creatures leave "nothings" in the list of creatures available in the art menus. It has something to do with their castes.

It doesn't seem to be a real issue, but I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. Here's one of the creatures as an example, does anyone see what's wrong.

[CREATURE:STARDESTROYER]
   [NAME:star destroyer:star destroyers:star destroyer]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'V'][COLOR:7:0:0]
   [FANCIFUL]
   [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
   [PREFSTRING:resemblence to pizza]
      [PREFSTRING:ominous shadows]
      [PREFSTRING:gigantic wreckage]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]

Castename is missing.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 14, 2018, 10:17:21 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that.

*Alright, that works. It doubles the names instead of making them nothings, but that's an improvement.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:05:25 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 15, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »

For good measure, when I was informed of this bug, in Adventurecraft I also gave the non-existent creatures descriptions, though I don't think that comes up very often.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2018, 04:56:19 pm »

My cheese critters make more magic wax than cheese when butchered. It currently has no use, sits in the food stockpile in globs and doesnt rot. What should i do with it? Should it be an alchemy ingredient, or just be used to turn more normal critters into cheese critters?

In other mods, this mountain boar semi-megabeast is insanely tough to kill and deadly as hell. The fairy kings not so much. They get their asses handed to them by unarmed recruits.

And im trying to create enough underground vegetation that not all underground regions have all plants. I dont have a number to aim for, really, but it obviously takes a lot, because with 30 every possible civ has access to every plant. And im running out of dumb ideas for plants.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #611 on: July 15, 2018, 11:30:28 pm »

My cheese critters make more magic wax than cheese when butchered. It currently has no use, sits in the food stockpile in globs and doesnt rot. What should i do with it? Should it be an alchemy ingredient, or just be used to turn more normal critters into cheese critters?
Magic wax, might make a wax coating for weapons, in form of magic wax gems. Refine wax to wax2 to wax gem/crystal. Maybe a shaman/alechemist toy item that can be only made from wax.
Wax figurines and statues at waxworks workshop?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 16, 2018, 01:04:16 am »

might make a wax coating for weapons

No practical reason for that, as decorations do not have any impact on combat.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 17, 2018, 12:16:13 am »

In other mods, this mountain boar semi-megabeast is insanely tough to kill and deadly as hell. The fairy kings not so much. They get their asses handed to them by unarmed recruits.

That's pretty cool. Was going to do a similar Calydonian Boar semi and a corresponding "Giant Stag" semi. Semi in size tho, but lvl 6 across for stats. From an adv mode POV, the vanilla power hierarchy has always been kinda messed up Demon > Angel/Weapon lord > bogeymen > mega/night troll/werebeast/titan/FB/mino > mid-tier bandit/spouse > other semi. I also  tried putting in a Shelob-like GCS, but never found a record of one in Legends. Hmmm...

Re:wax, why not make it part of a type of cheesemaking? Could use it to get rid of rot/miasma. Long-haul cheese for midnight dwarven truckers adventurers.

Kraloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 20, 2018, 04:41:22 pm »

Mostly experimenting with, and attempting to figure out why, my tree people seem to be so comparatively fragile, dying in 2-3 pages against unarmed/unarmoured/untrained dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 118